#1201 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

All aboard the Tampa bandwagon!
Go team Yzerman!

Yeah this board will probably become the unofficial letgobolts board now. Dissapointed we lost, but even though I watched every preseason game that was aired, all 82 games, and every playoff game, I'm really proud of this team....Go Wings.

Go Bolts!!

#1202 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

So was it Hudler during that power play(or slightly after, it is a little fuzzy) who dropped that puck back behind the net while he was going away from it? He dropped it right into two Wings and two Sharks when he had all day if he continued up around the boards.

Hudler looked terrified every time he touched the puck. I understand that he has the skill and so had to be out there, but it seemed like a waste to be feeding him the puck or having him carry it in. He blew several great chances to pass to a Sharks player.

But then again, that was the story of this series, every pass being intercepted, and a force field around the open net while Niemi was way out of position.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1203 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

MAJOR props to Jimmy. He's earned my complete confidence with his playoff performance.

Yeah, I feel much better about Howard going forward. He was solid, consistent and much better in the playoffs than last year.

#1204 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Off with Hudler's Head

#1205 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

1. Nick's not retiring. He's a Norris finalist. Again.
2. Z is a lock for the C. Though Dats is arguably best player in the game, he just cannot vocally lead the team like Z will.

I dunno man, Nick's wife may be kinda pissy about him playing at age 41 lol. Also, I'd love to see Dats as captain instead (instead of Z that is), because he has such great heart and talent. He always turns the game back around when the team is down. He earns his money day-in and day-out.

Edited by bdavis, 12 May 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#1206 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

Hudler looked terrified every time he touched the puck. I understand that he has the skill and so had to be out there, but it seemed like a waste to be feeding him the puck or having him carry it in. He blew several great chances to pass to a Sharks player.
I don't get how you pick huds over Mo. So frustrating he would be a huge boost to the PP.

But then again, that was the story of this series, every pass being intercepted, and a force field around the open net while Niemi was way out of position.

#1207 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

The way the wings battled the last part of the game without cleary, bert and franzen was pretty damn impressive. Im upset at the moment but also proud of what these guys did. And datsyuk and zetterberg are just absolutely fantastic players to watch..Im excited for next year and maybe we can see some nice young talent come up.

#1208 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

It's nights like this that I miss Mindfly. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1209 reppintealtown

reppintealtown

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

Great series, much respect to you guys and your team. You guys showed a s*** ton of heart and resiliency, something I hope my team can learn from these last few games. Hold your heads high. I have no doubt (barring a collapse on our end) that we'll see you around this time next year.

#1210 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Much much much worse. I am pretty proud of the wings tonight. I have never been more angry or upset with the team after the 09 loss.

I agree 09 was worse because obviously it was for the cup but this is a close 2nd and leaves a pretty stinky taste in my mouth !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#1211 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Yes Hudler was pretty bad tonight, but Rafalski was down right awful. Get that plug off the team. Ericcsson is terrible as well. Pavel was simply amazing like usual, never ceases to amaze me. Hank was terrible in the first, but definitely picked his game up.
Jimmy...well, he has a bright future ahead of him I think.

...Go Bolts!

#1212 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

It's nights like this that I miss Mindfly. :hehe:

Whatever happened to that guy?
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1213 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

I'm just bummed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1214 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

What really bothers me is the whole injuries thing. It seems like every friggin year we're getting injured in the playoffs. I know, "everybody is injured this time of year", but like Franzen, Bert, Cleary all get injured. Clowe gets injured, he's back after one game. Heatley gets smashed twice by Kronwall, he's fine. Doug Murray block like 18 million shots, he's fine. Its like that movie "Unbreakable". We get injured so easily, while other teams pretty much never get hurt no matter what. Yes, I know I'm ranting, its midnight and I'm pissed. :censored:

#1215 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Saddest part of the night.....

Patrick Marleau scored the winning goal. <_<

Thank you JR, youf****** idiot for jinxing us. :ranting:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1216 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Z made that fatal mistake at the end of the 1st ... it was a one goal difference.

#1217 Wings Rule!

Wings Rule!

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

I am so tired of the refs having it out for us just because we ave shown that no one, and I mean NO ONE is even close. We have won almost 1/3 of all Stanleys over the past 14 years!
This series should have been over in 4 or, at most, 5 games but for the refs calling ridiculous penalties against us and letting the Sharks get away with murder. No matter what anyone says, the Sharks are, and always will be, chokers. But for whomever paid off the refs, the Sharks would now be off ordering lattes or whatever it is they do in Panty Hose A.

#1218 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

Patrick Marleau scored the winning goal. <_<

Thank you JR, youf****** idiot for jinxing us. :ranting:

No kidding. That's like when announcers that don't want a shutout, talk about shutouts non-stop.

#1219 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Lidstrom is going back to Sweden to play hockey there. He will not be coming back. Greatest Defender EVER!! Great career.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#1220 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Allow me to join the choir... Hudler was brutal tonight, "big hit" on Cleary notwithstanding.

But, there were too many passengers in this series. And they still nearly did it, but if they had someone that could contribute besides Hank and Pav (Mule :( )...

The game though resembled way more Game 1 and 2 rather than 4 or 6. The Wings were outplayed, so that's the way it goes.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock