• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Are we ready for this?

Rate this topic

anybody wanna real quick build a time machine and go back a week and let us know that this was going to happen, we could use that decade that has been taken off our lives.

Seriously though, "IF" the wings are able to actually win tonight where will the win rank among the greatest moments in Detroit Red Wings history. Will it be a big enough win to be among the all the cup wins, will it be the greatest moment in wings history not involving the stanley cup, or will it be just another game 7 victory if lord Stanley isnt back in Hockeytown in a month.

"IF" the wings lose, where will the loss rank among heartbreaking losses in wings history. Will it be there with "the game we do not name", will the wings use it as motivation to win next year and then move on, or will we treat it as "the wings were out of it after game 3 lets just be happy we got an extra 3 games to watch our wings this season"

win or lose, this week will be one we will never forget. We will tell our grandkids how the Wings were down 3-0 against the hated Sharks and time after time the wings seemed like they couldnt find a way to win and then howard stood on his head in game 5, and Filppula had the game of his career in game 6, and in game 7........

I think it will be up there as one of the greatest comebacks of course but we I've such a long list of history games 7 against colorado, march 26th, double OT against St. Louis. This def. Will be on the list but we have had some great games in our history but this could be one incredible comeback.... Let's go wings!!!

anybody wanna real quick build a time machine and go back a week and let us know that this was going to happen, we could use that decade that has been taken off our lives.

Actually I would like to travel one day into the future and get rid of my nervousness now.

Actually I would like to travel one day into the future and get rid of my nervousness now.

thought about that, but whenever the wings are on the brink of elimination i like the time off between games. i like the feeling of having at least 1 more game to watch

IF the Wings pull this off, I think it has to go up among the greatest moments, probably the greatest moment not involving the Cup. Simply by virtue of it only having been done four times at that point. Hopefully the Sharks don't bring their A game and don't get lucky bounces.

If we win tonight this will definitely be the biggest comeback in our history. Especially considering what, we were down 3 to 1 in game 5 with 18 left the the 3rd and had absolutely no momentum?

I don't think we can be too upset if we do lose tonight. At least not any more upset then normal because we did do something that only seven other teams have EVER done before. We did something that only had a .608%, yes .608 PERCENT, of happening. And losing to the Sharks in seven games isn't too crazy, they are a good team too.

Edited by CrimsonFlame

I will donate a kidney if the wings pull this off and go on to win the cup.

LOL now that's a fan! I said I would get a Red Wings tattoo on my back if they win the Stanley Cup this year. But honestly, I'll probably do that regardless. lol

I really think the wings fans have to put this into context.

Every game except game 6, has been a 1 goal affair. Either team could have been up 3-0. A bounce here or there and the Wings could have been up 3-0 on the Sharks. These teams are very very close in terms of skill level. This game 7 will be the same probably. If the Wings win, it will be an epic comeback. If the Wings lose, its going to be a sad day for me because if you are going to make it this far, you have to seal the deal. At the same time though, you gotta have realistic expectations.

If the Wings play hard and lose, I am going to be as proud of the team if they played hard and won. Support your Wings in winning and losing. Thats the key.

Tried some of my wifes James Taylor music this morning on the way to work to calm my nerves. Shut it off after about 15 seconds. Made me want to crush him into the boards and scream "fire and rain my @$$ *****...eat it". Oh well, back to being a nervous wreck.

Normally I would say this if we lost " Well we were down 3-0 we should just be happy to be here" But I will be pissed if we end up losing tonight. I am so nervous.

I am 100% with you on that one ... it's like one of those football games where your team's down 24-0 or something, then comes back and has a FG to win it. If you make it, it's the greatest thing ever. If you miss it, it's not "Oh well, good comeback." It hurts your heart.

What a difference a week or so makes.

During game 2 a lot of you guys were looking for a rope, a chair and a strong rafter. Now you've all loosened the noose and stepped down off the chair.

I freaking TOLD you guys. Failure can be every bit as fleeting as success. The Wings are in the driver's seat now.

What a difference a week or so makes.

During game 2 a lot of you guys were looking for a rope, a chair and a strong rafter. Now you've all loosened the noose and stepped down off the chair.

I freaking TOLD you guys. Failure can be every bit as fleeting as success. The Wings are in the driver's seat now.

Check out our "Believe" thread. I was not running for the razors, but LGW needs a suicide line after many regular season defeats so that's not all that crazy to think most were just spent with another 3-0 deficit to this team.

Check out our "Believe" thread. I was not running for the razors, but LGW needs a suicide line after many regular season defeats so that's not all that crazy to think most were just spent with another 3-0 deficit to this team.

Hell, I was talking game 2 not game 3. I was on the GDT and couldn't believe it. You guys hadn't even played on home ice yet. I stayed clear of the game 3 GDT in case suicide is somehow contagious.

But I have to be perfectly honest. Even I would have had my doubts after game 3. I wouldn't have unlocked my gun safe, but I wouldn't have been too happy either.