• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Are we ready for this?

Rate this topic

Normally I would say this if we lost " Well we were down 3-0 we should just be happy to be here" But I will be pissed if we end up losing tonight. I am so nervous.

More pissed than when we lost in game 7 of the SCF to the Pens back in 2009? Lets put this game in a little perspective here. :)

Posted by mistake in the GDT, when I meant to post it here.

Well, wild and wonderful Wings fans, fellow hockey nutjobs, it's come to this, has it? :yowza:

Both teams have lost three straight, and both are now in the exact same boat, facing elimination, trying to figure out a way to win a single hockey game - only tonight it's a one game, winner-take-all series of a game, one to be remembered for years to come. Epic! Historic!

Because I am a Wings fan, second only to my beloved Chokes, the winner of tonight's game will be the team that I am squarely behind to go the distance and win the Stanley Cup. I will NOT like it if the Sharks lose tonight, and will definitely have my share of wounds to lick. But for me, at least there is a consolation prize.

I am far too numb to be nervous now, but excitement? At the prospect of watching such an epic game tonight - oh s*** am I excited. Oh s***, oh s***, oh s***.

A heartfelt thank you, once again, to Matt and to all of you Hardcore Wings Fans, whom I love dearly, for filling the atmosphere with all that you are, and all that you do.

Who's ready? Not me!! Well, I'm more ready than I was for the last game, actually. I watched that game stone cold sober, and my GOD it was brutal. (I mean, I usually watch them that way, but they're usually not that mind-warping.) This time I'm going to have a little help from my buddies Zywiec and Hornitos. ;) I don't know what to expect from tonight. I don't have a bad feeling about it, and I don't have a good feeling about it. I just have this vacuum in the pit of my stomach that's sucking out my life force. And you'd think that'd mean I had negative feelings about the game, but nope, I feel a strange sense of calm when I know we're marching toward doom; it's that good ol' fear of the unknown that makes my liver quiver.

This would be a great victory if the Wings could do it. If they play they way they did in Game 6 it will be very interesting. However, I'm sure San Jose isn't really panicing and they are going to come with their best game. If both teams can start of fast it's going to make for a great game but I would expect probably another one goal win for whoever. Let's Go Red Wings!!

If the Wings do end up winning tonight it will be an incredible achievement and a great memory for fans. But where it ranks in the annals of Wings' history really depends on how often it happens in the future. If another team doesn't come back from an 0-3 deficit for another 30 years, then I'd put it in the top 5 all time greatest Red Wing moments. But if it starts happening every year it kinda takes the luster off it.

I feel like im about to lace em up tonight. Just as nervous as I used to get in big games anyway.

Thinking a fifth of Seagrams VO and some Coke will help calm my nerves. Got my Red Wings polo and Red Wings New Era cap on today at the golf course to show some support. Lets do it fellas.

Edited by Danglesyuk05

I Believe in the Denizens of Joe Louis Arena.

I Believe that 20,066 screaming heads can't be wrong

I Believe in Mikey Mo, SuperHudler for Mayor, and FLIP POOLA.

I Believe that I'll Smile in June.

I BELIEVE IN THE DETROIT RED WINGS

AND I BELIEVE THE NEXT STOP FOR OUR AIRPLANE IS IN VANCOUVER.

Got the fridge stocked with Guinness & a full bottle of The Macallan waitin'. Plus I already laid out my Kronner jersey & Winter Classic cap which go on as soon as I get home. More than ready here. Let's drop the puck already!

Edited by ogreslayer

I'm super nervous and already feeling bouts of nausea, but I'm ready to know how it ends. I'm super proud of the team either way because I'll admit I had my doubts, but this team has way more heart than what I thought.

At the same time though, it would really suck to lose after all this.

I remember back in 1995 when I first started watching hockey. Looking forward to the next game really brought me anxiety and excitement. Now that I have played and reffed the sport for the better part of 10 years, I just look at it as another game. Sure, the stakes are high, but I have learned that I am just going to support the Wings as much as I can and they will do the heavy work. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. If it works out, thats great. Nothing I can do about it anyway other than offer my support.

Being the fan of a sports team really is one of those things that brings with it a sense of hopelessness. You are stuck on the other side of the TV or glass cheering the team on, but you can't make a difference other than yell or support them. This is why I love playing hockey because I can directly control what happens in the course of a game. :)

Lets win it tonight Wings! :)

Here is how I'm looking at it. Let's say the Wings lose, now in my honest opnion nothing can hurt worse than the Game 7 in the 09 Finals. When we lost the Cup at Home in Game 7 it hurt so bad I wasn't right for a week, I was so upset. So win or lose this loss if it does happen I don't think I will ever feel as bad about this as I did in 09. That left a lifetime scar far worse than the ones on my body. So I'm really hoping that they can win and I do beleive that they can do it but when it does hurt and it will I will recall the 09 Finals and think that was the worst one. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

Tough to say.

If we win, it'll be the greatest non-Cup series win, aside from probably the game 7 against Colorado in 2002. That one will be hard to top because of the hate for that team and the quality of that series and all its Hall of Famers.

If we lose, I'll be devastated, because after all it's a game 7. To get that close to moving on and then lose would be disappointing. I guess it'll be better than being swept, but it'll still suck in its own special way. Losing isn't fun no matter how it happens.

I don't want the season to end just yet, because the fun stuff hasn't really started yet.

Edited by GMRwings1983