• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Thanks For the Great Season, Wings!

Rate this topic

I agree. Thanks for the excellent season. The only bummer is that I am going to have to wait almost 4 months until I see the Wings in Traverse City. Not being a baseball fan, the summer is always hard on me. Going to miss not seeing the Wings. At least we have about 2-3 weeks of Stanley Cup action to watch.

twas a great effort but i can't help but thinking that if the wings had not completely given up on the regular season after the all star break and thus surrendered home ice, that this would have turned out very differently

Wings: thanks for the memories. Please work on the following two things during the offseason:

1. Playing a full 60 minutes (includes late-starts).

2. Employing Brad McCrimmon.

Thank you and enjoy your well deserved time off.

Ericsson: I loathe you.

Edited by Ozzie30

Guest Crymson

How much would it cost to buy-out his deal?

Roughly 900K of his cap hit would remain on the books were he bought out. I suggest trying a trade or waivers first.

One of the best series in the last decade or so. Sad that it didn't go our way in the end but the comeback was still amazing and showed the true character of this Wings team. I'm gonna be depressed as hell with no Red Wings in the next two rounds but I'm still damn proud of them. :(

Couldn't have said it better. Proud of the boys.

All for not. :(

I'm always more upset the day after so let me tell you this now; it was NOT "all for not".

Although the cup is the main goal, there is so much more to a great season. The cup is one tournament.

It is an event to see the Wings play 82 games full of drama and action. There is no other entertainment like it.

No other characters on TV do we get more attached to than our boys. No screen writer in the would could make us feel the way we did when Lidstrom got his hat-trick, the sorry and worry we felt when half our team was injured, and the amazed sensation we had when they powered through to the post season for the 20th straight year.

It is absolutely heartbreaking when they bow out of the playoffs. But better to have experienced this team, with all their passion and strength, make it this far, than to have shrugged off a bad season in April like some other teams must do.

GREAT season Red Wings. I cannot wait to see you again in the fall :clap:

It was one hell of a ride. I'm so damned proud of Pasha...he proved beyond all doubt that he can play big in the second season. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined. Howie has shown he's capable of leading us into the next generation, Helm and Abby have great potential. This may be the end of the trail for Mike Modano, Kris Draper and perhaps even Ozzie, but they have absolutely no reason to hang their heads.

Be proud of yourselves, gang. You're a wonderful bunch of warriors. We love you.

See you in September.

Meanwhile, I'm rooting for Boston. It would be nice to see an Original Six team walk off with the Cup for a change.

Edited by Kira

All right, I think I can finally pull myself out of my funk long enough to genuinely say that it's been a great season, and I appreciate my boys doing what they do.

I had the opportunity to thank Jimmy Howard face-to-face (brag, brag) for a great season last year, and if I meant it then, which I did, then I sure as hell mean it this year. I think we did the best thing you can do other than winning the Cup, and that's to show heart. One part of me wants to say, "Who the f cares about consolations right now?" but knowing that my team gives all they can because they want to and will continue to do so in the coming years keeps me going, even when I don't really want to be comforted. Thanks, guys.

hmmm I didnt think it was a very good season at all really. Not "Great" thats for sure.

There were a couple of really really bad games, team got shut out how many times?

Team didnt play a full 60 minutes on many occasions

Home record wasnt that great.

Lost the #2 spot at the end of the year.

Key players in and out of the line up all season long with injuries.

I was hoping for a better "Modano story"

I was hoping Hudler learned a few tricks in the KHL and was going to come back and do some damage.

Still waiting for Franzen to have a huge season.

For me it was a touch year to be a fan.

They really surprised me when they swept Phoenix, surprised me that they were down 3-0 to the sharks too, they pleasantly surprised me with the come back very proud of that made the loss tonight easier to handle.

Thank you though Red Wings for the Entertainment. I check the Free Press and Mlive every morning before I read my own emails.

All right, I think I can finally pull myself out of my funk long enough to genuinely say that it's been a great season, and I appreciate my boys doing what they do.

I had the opportunity to thank Jimmy Howard face-to-face (brag, brag) for a great season last year, and if I meant it then, which I did, then I sure as hell mean it this year. I think we did the best thing you can do other than winning the Cup, and that's to show heart. One part of me wants to say, "Who the f cares about consolations right now?" but knowing that my team gives all they can because they want to and will continue to do so in the coming years keeps me going, even when I don't really want to be comforted. Thanks, guys.

He's a strong player. I really hope Jimmy knows how much we care about him and that he doesn't lose any confidence in the offseason from this series. Howie has definitely matured, I just hope the passion in his heart stays as strong as ever.

Great season Jimmy

:clap:

Great season Wings

clap.gif Absolutely. It was a freaking dramatic roller coaster ride from beginning to end. Hopeful to caustic. As always this site made the season more enjoyable for the awesome knee-jerk/overdramatic reactions (GDT). Had a great feeling going into game 7 that if we could have pulled that off, it was possible to take this all the way to June. Just glad this is our team and hope to see another amazing amount of moments to look forward to next year. Oh, and come back Nick!!!!!!!

Wings: thanks for the memories. Please work on the following two things during the offseason:

1. Playing a full 60 minutes (includes late-starts).

2. Employing Brad McCrimmon.

Thank you and enjoy your well deserved time off.

Ericsson: I loathe you.

Don't you mean UNemploying Brad McCrimmon?

It was a Great Season!! The team always puts out a quality effort every season and they did it again this season. I really wish we could have taken the Cup but it just wasn't meant to be. I've already started the Countdown to well at least the NHL Prospect Tournament in Traverse City 103 Days. I think it's like 108 to the Red Wings Training Camp. See ya next season Red Wings!!