• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

All right, I think I can finally pull myself out of my funk long enough to genuinely say that it's been a great season, and I appreciate my boys doing what they do.

I had the opportunity to thank Jimmy Howard face-to-face (brag, brag) for a great season last year, and if I meant it then, which I did, then I sure as hell mean it this year. I think we did the best thing you can do other than winning the Cup, and that's to show heart. One part of me wants to say, "Who the f cares about consolations right now?" but knowing that my team gives all they can because they want to and will continue to do so in the coming years keeps me going, even when I don't really want to be comforted. Thanks, guys.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#42 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

As much as I know anything, I know this:

I love the Detroit Red Wings. Have a nice summer, fellas.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#43 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

No one can question the heart, grit and effort of the Detroit Red Wings.

I'm just as proud of this Wings team as those that won Cups in years past.

Maybe even more.

#44 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:14 AM

hmmm I didnt think it was a very good season at all really. Not "Great" thats for sure.

There were a couple of really really bad games, team got shut out how many times?

Team didnt play a full 60 minutes on many occasions

Home record wasnt that great.

Lost the #2 spot at the end of the year.

Key players in and out of the line up all season long with injuries.

I was hoping for a better "Modano story"

I was hoping Hudler learned a few tricks in the KHL and was going to come back and do some damage.

Still waiting for Franzen to have a huge season.

For me it was a touch year to be a fan.

They really surprised me when they swept Phoenix, surprised me that they were down 3-0 to the sharks too, they pleasantly surprised me with the come back very proud of that made the loss tonight easier to handle.

Thank you though Red Wings for the Entertainment. I check the Free Press and Mlive every morning before I read my own emails.

#45 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

All right, I think I can finally pull myself out of my funk long enough to genuinely say that it's been a great season, and I appreciate my boys doing what they do.

I had the opportunity to thank Jimmy Howard face-to-face (brag, brag) for a great season last year, and if I meant it then, which I did, then I sure as hell mean it this year. I think we did the best thing you can do other than winning the Cup, and that's to show heart. One part of me wants to say, "Who the f cares about consolations right now?" but knowing that my team gives all they can because they want to and will continue to do so in the coming years keeps me going, even when I don't really want to be comforted. Thanks, guys.

He's a strong player. I really hope Jimmy knows how much we care about him and that he doesn't lose any confidence in the offseason from this series. Howie has definitely matured, I just hope the passion in his heart stays as strong as ever.

Great season Jimmy
:clap:
Great season Wings

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#46 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

Posted Image Absolutely. It was a freaking dramatic roller coaster ride from beginning to end. Hopeful to caustic. As always this site made the season more enjoyable for the awesome knee-jerk/overdramatic reactions (GDT). Had a great feeling going into game 7 that if we could have pulled that off, it was possible to take this all the way to June. Just glad this is our team and hope to see another amazing amount of moments to look forward to next year. Oh, and come back Nick!!!!!!!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#47 DBR

DBR

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Wings: thanks for the memories. Please work on the following two things during the offseason:
1. Playing a full 60 minutes (includes late-starts).
2. Employing Brad McCrimmon.

Thank you and enjoy your well deserved time off.

Ericsson: I loathe you.

Don't you mean UNemploying Brad McCrimmon?

#48 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for the great season.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#49 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

Would have rather seen them lose in 5 then in 7, oh well.

Not me I went to game 6 :D

#50 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

It was a Great Season!! The team always puts out a quality effort every season and they did it again this season. I really wish we could have taken the Cup but it just wasn't meant to be. I've already started the Countdown to well at least the NHL Prospect Tournament in Traverse City 103 Days. I think it's like 108 to the Red Wings Training Camp. See ya next season Red Wings!!