• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heaten

Red Wings have HEART

Rate this topic

Amen to that!! After these last 4 games, I stand corrected after saying this team lacked heart. Given the bleak circumstances of an 0-3 hole, they played with a lot of heart.

After this series, I have a ton of respect for this team and despise the Sharks all the more.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Yah, I see it this way:

Game 1 - Sharks outplay Red Wings, but Red Wings win if the refs don't go screwy

Game 2 - Sharks outplay Red Wings, nothing wrong with the officiating

Game 3 - Red Wings outplay Sharks, but lose because they go into prevent too soon, officiating neutral

Game 4 - Red Wings outplay Sharks, officiating in favor of the Wings

Game 5 - Red Wings outplay Sharks, officiating in favor of the Wings

Game 6 - Red Wings outplay Sharks, officiating in favor of the Wings

Game 7 - Sharks and Red Wings play pretty evenly, officiating in favor of the Wings

So the Wings had their chances. They lost because they couldn't put game 3 away. Not because game 1 was officiated poorly.

Mind if I join in and say that that was one of the most amazing performances I have ever witnessed by any team in the face of injury and adversity?

That game left me stunned on all levels.

I have always liked the Detroit Red Wings, I make no secret of that fact. But tonight I was truly in awe of them.

:::: HUGE HUMBLEST OF BOWS TO THE MAGNIFICENT DETROIT RED WINGS ::::

What a ride!!.......Hindsight is 20-20, but I remember thinking that losing 7 of our last 11 regular season games to finish 1 point behind SJ for the 2 seed might come back to bite us in the arse.........maybe it did..............game 7 at the Joe would have been a trip.

Would have preferred it if that heart had turned up for games 1 + 2. And maybe for a few of those regular season games the Wings coasted through that cost us 2nd place by 1 point.

What a ride!!.......Hindsight is 20-20, but I remember thinking that losing 7 of our last 11 regular season games to finish 1 point behind SJ for the 2 seed might come back to bite us in the arse.........maybe it did..............game 7 at the Joe would have been a trip.

would have been a whole different series

I doubt the Wings would have fallen into that 0-3 deficit in the first place if the first two games were at the Joe and who knows what would have happened from there

Absolutely!!! GO WINGS GO!!!

I agree with above comments, I was huge on this in the stretch and everyone else on the board was like it's not a big deal finishing second.....

Excellent thread. This is what I said all of last night. Just freakin' look at these guys still!! Without another solid performance by Niemi we could all be in here going ape s*** about one of the greatest comebacks in the history of sports playoffs. As it is, we just didn't do enough earlier in the series and last night's game to get it done. Still so so close though. Damn it, I love the Red Wings! Great run and can't wait for the next one in 2012 :thumbup:

I have to agree that the boys showed a lot of heart down 0-3. No question, it was a helluva ride for game 4-7. I don't question that they had it.

BUT my only point would be that they should have played like game 5 & 6 in games 1,2,& 3. Game 6 was the Red Wings that we all love ... if they only brought that earlier on.

So the Wings had their chances. They lost because they couldn't put game 3 away. Not because game 1 was officiated poorly.

I agree with everything you said, but honestly if Bertuzzi didn't take that awful penalty, we win game one. Doesn't that change everything following that game?

This is why I believe the refs should reverse what they do in series. They always make practically no calls in game 7, why not do that in game 1? This would ensure that the team who wins, one of the most important games in the series, actually deserves it. I will never understand calling ticky tack stuff in a game one and not making calls in game 7.

They do have heart and they do have desire. Not sure if they had "enough" of all that though.

In this parity filled world though where every little detail makes a big difference, the Wings have to find a way to stay hungry to win.

I think that the hearbreaking loss last night will turn that "hunger" into anger/determination for next season. If nothing else, home ice sometimes makes a difference and I think the Wings will storm the NHL next season.

Thanks for the ride, boys! See you next year!!!

GO WINGS!!

It was a hell of a ride. The next four months are going to be slow going. I miss them already. At least I can still cheer for Boston, and if not them, then Tampa.

I was looking for a Congratulations Wings thread, glad I came in here and didn't start another one. I am very proud of the team, they always play with heart and determination. Sometimes they don't put forth their best effort and sometimes it's just bad luck going their way. They had a great comeback from being down 3-0 in this series. It will be a long summer, but September will be here before we know it!