• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Congratulations to the Sharks

Rate this topic

I actually do say congrats to the Sharks, but with slight hesitation. I think most of their players conducted themselves very well, but I'll never be able to stand Setoguchi, Heatley or Thornton. And I still have an irrational dislike for Kyle Wellwood :hehe:

All things considered, plenty of their players just came out and competed. They're a good team and it just sucks that their captain sets a poor example for the rest of the team. Guys like Couture, Pavelski and Boyle impress me on a continual basis.

The Red Wings will regroup, figure out their contracts and come back again strong next season. That's the best part of being a Detroit fan... we have something else to look forward to.

How about you go get your shark shaped dildo and go spin on it. Don't come here after a loss like this and tell us how we should be feeling and all that. Big man now calling everyone babies now that your diving team makes it past us. To be honest it was a really good series i feel but dude really. You probably need to not post in a thread like this after a loss like this.

Thanks for all the heart felt congratulations.

We wouldn't presume to tell you how to feel. You tell us. Did you feel worse losing to the Sharks in a short 5 game series like last year or after getting your hopes up and then crushed in a 7 game series like this year?

We wouldn't presume to tell you how to feel. You tell us. Did you feel worse losing to the Sharks in a short 5 game series like last year or after getting your hopes up and then crushed in a 7 game series like this year?

I don't know. How does it feel being a dick, dick?

Oh, remember this too, your cute little franchise started the exact same year our consecutive playoff run started. A little insight there. I will hide behind all the possible past things I can ;) But your team will get s*** stomped in a Conference Final again. So then you can tell us how that felt :thumbup:

Sharks fans thumping their chests is also very very laughable. Look at your Captain. Represents about as much of that team as anyone can really say.

Thanks for all the heart felt congratulations.

I don't know. How does it feel being a dick, dick?

Oh, remember this too, your cute little franchise started the exact same year our consecutive playoff run started. A little insight there. I will hide behind all the possible past things I can ;) But your team will get s*** stomped in a Conference Final again. So then you can tell us how that felt :thumbup:

Sharks fans thumping their chests is also very very laughable. Look at your Captain. Represents about as much of that team as anyone can really say.

I was toying with the idea of closing this thread because it would have been easier than sorting through all the posts that should have been deleted, but I'm thinking since EasyMark has lived up to his name and set himself up on a tee for Wings fans, it's open season.

Have at it, Wings fans; no warnings or suspensions from me, although I can't speak for Matt or any other mods.

I was toying with the idea of closing this thread because it would have been easier than sorting through all the posts that should have been deleted, but I'm thinking since EasyMark has lived up to his name and set himself up on a tee for Wings fans, it's open season.

Have at it, Wings fans; no warnings or suspensions from me, although I can't speak for Matt or any other mods.

Bring it.

It will help ease the pain.

:)

Thanks for the freedom. thats awesome of you to do. But it's just not worth the time and effort to make he/she look stupid. I think they already done that themselves. I think personally the ban hammer should come down on them. Posting pictures of babies and running their mouth is just too much after a heart breaker like that.

It was a heck of a series. Stinks one team had to lose. 6 of the 7 games were one goal games. Red Wing fans love this diving thing. Get over it. Your Wings scored an offside goal and a goal with too many men on the ice this series. Setoguchi gets dropped by Bertuzzi in OT and gets called.

Just find this "f*** the Sharks" attitude a bit over the top.

I can't believe people are talking about the too many men crap in game 6... when it was pointed out in the SAME GAME by the announcers that Sharks had 7 guys out at one point. And then I see Mcllelan crying about Wings line changes? So happy Sharks got called for a too many men penalty in game 7.

i personally have no problems with the wings being out. i just have a problem with cowardly hockey. and unfortunately the western conference is going to be a battle of the two worst playoff choking and diver filled teams of post lockout hockey. its bad for the game of hockey to see teams like this succeed. while i would have loved to see the wings win it all, with them out i want to see it go to a deserving team. i would have loved to see nashville go over the 2 teams left. right now i am just rooting for whoever comes out of the east.

the sharks managed to win. but no sharks fan should be on here bragging. theres not a lot to be proud of as a SJ fan. they barely managed to win a series even though franzen basically wasn't effective for any game, and we played most of game 7 with only 10 forwards.

go ahead and keep grasping at straws like offsides calls and too many men. the sharks got away with just as much (they played 5 seconds or more with 6 guys earlier in that same game) if not more than the wings. they play douchey hockey and deserve anything bad that comes their way.

I won't even sit behind my own conference after all of this. I'll root for Tampa for Stevie Y and Boston for Tim Thomas for being from Michigan. I'd be damned if I allow the Vancouver bandwagon fans receive a cup and i'd throw up if I ever saw the San Jose Sharks with their "leader" raise the cup. Whatever, go eastern conference. I'll seriously puke if a western team wins this year.

I have no idea where you get the idea that Vancouver has bandwagon fans. Currently Vancouver has the longest sellout streak in the NHL. Given Vancouver's history of playoff failure its a wonder they as man fans as they do.

No only that, Vancouver vs. Nashville drew the highest ratings ever for a second round series on CBC.

Vancouver has plenty of diehard fans.

Its so easy to be a Wings fan. An attitude like yours makes me sick. Cheering for the Wings is like cheering for the Yankees (its fine if you're from Detroit, but if you're not from Detroit you're the definition of a bandwagon fan). 20 years straight in the playoffs and 4 cups during that time. Miss the playoffs 2 out of 3 season and comeback and talk to me about being a diehard. My guess is that Wings haven't missed the playoffs since you were a small boy and most Wings fans cannot remember what it was like to support a struggling franchise.

Edited by Bertmondi

Thanks for the freedom. thats awesome of you to do. But it's just not worth the time and effort to make he/she look stupid. I think they already done that themselves. I think personally the ban hammer should come down on them. Posting pictures of babies and running their mouth is just too much after a heart breaker like that.

That's it? That's all you got?

C'mon, you're not trying. Vent away. I feel your pain. I enjoy your pain.

So fire away, it's a win-win for us both.

For the record, I am NOT a Sharks fan who thought all the "f*** the chokes/sharks" was over the top - even 'a bit'. It was right after a bitter loss, for f***'s sake. I understood, and was disappointed that any of the Sharks fans responded to any of it negatively (let alone posted salt-in-the-wound images).

I wanted to reply last night, but could see it was too soon - pointless to get into a flame war with Sharks fans, which would again make it more about their feelings and points of views, which I didn't think needed to be considered in the midst of a few Wings who were venting.

All that to say, a heartfelt thank you to the OP, and all others who offered their congratulations.

Anyone else thinks the Sharks contracts are wrong? Thornton, Marleau and Heatley should swap contracts with Setoguchi, Clowe and Couture because they pretty much carried the Sharks.

Edited by MGreenberg

Anyone else thinks the Sharks contracts are wrong? Thornton, Marleau and Heatley should swap contracts with Setoguchi, Clowe and Couture because they pretty much carried the Sharks.

That's true, but I'm glad I don't have any say in it. Thornton, Marleau and Heatley got their contracts based on past laurels, while Seto, Clowe and Couture are in the process of building theirs. If they play their cards right, they might do as so many others have done, and get juicy contracts from other teams that they won't have to actually perform for.

JT is a disgrace to captaincy, but that's got nothing to do with the Sharks fans. In the end, it looks like Niemi won this series for them - happens.

Other than JT and Heatley, I don't loathe the rest of their role players. I'd take Boyle on the Wings.

Great series - Wings needed to be stronger earlier on, Sharks risked another poor fate by losing those 3 in a row.

The Sharks have been aspiring to make the SCF for 15 years now and have a long string of epic failures - fans have been through alot. While they have a few players I dislike, I'm glad for the fanbase. Although I will say I think Vancouver will win the next series - realistically I think Van wouldv'e beat the Wings too. Three west coast series in a row is too brutal.

Enjoy it now while you can - only halfway to the Cup, if the (supposed) top Sharks players stay awol will be hard to go all the way...

I have no idea where you get the idea that Vancouver has bandwagon fans. Currently Vancouver has the longest sellout streak in the NHL. Given Vancouver's history of playoff failure its a wonder they as man fans as they do.

No only that, Vancouver vs. Nashville drew the highest ratings ever for a second round series on CBC.

Its so easy to be a Wings fan. An attitude like yours makes me sick. Cheering for the Wings is like cheering for the Yankees (its fine if you're from Detroit, but if you're not from Detroit you're the definition of a bandwagon fan). 20 years straight in the playoffs and 4 cups during that time. Miss the playoffs 2 out of 3 season and comeback and talk to me about being a diehard. My guess is that Wings haven't missed the playoffs since you were a small boy and most Wings fans cannot remember what it was like to support a struggling franchise.

I'm not aiming at true fans and understand the history of all Canadian teams. Trust me, I don't think we'll ever see explosions and public displays of emotion towards hockey in any city of the United States. I'm aiming my gears more towards the fans of the Canucks from HFB, otherwise I love the franchise and Ryan Kesler is easily one of my favorite current non-wing players. I've been one of the few sitting on this forum saying we shouldn't be down and I understand the unfortunate's of much of the NHL for not having such success as the team i've grown up watching and modeling my game after my role model players that i've watched. There's no need for a pissing war by any means, as I generally like away fans that come on these forums, it's just some of the trolls that make my neck snap and I get all loose.

Edited by evilzyme

Canucks are going to smash the Sharks.. way better team and I bet the so called 'Big Three' (Thornton, Heatley, Marleau) don't do a damn thing again, and expect more dives this series. Sometimes I think the Sharks actually think they are Sharks the way they flop on the ice like they're out of water.

Not a day ago did I read numerous threads of "OH MY GOD IF WE LOSE GAME 7 I SWEAR TO GOD, NEVER WATCHING HOCKEY AGAIN OMGOMGOMOMGOMG?!" all across the shark boards. I have absolutely nothing and I mean nothing against opponent fans on the normal basis of them coming here and having an actual chat but to come here and start screaming we're bitching all of a sudden because what you actually made it to the western conference finals? Good, I hope you guys can actually make it past that just for the sake of Todd McLellan. I think most fan's are ashamed of your piss poor team and their display of sportsmanship when it comes to the sport of hockey if anything.

I see the exact same things going on when I read ANY FAN BOARD of any NHL team. Even here, you have fans who were saying they will boycott the NHL if the Wings didn't win this series. Some fans just like to blow steam off. Others could be realistic. If there is anything I have learned though, is that fans on forums will typically be downers about their team but come back around. Point is that Sharks fans may be over the top and not have a great display of sportsmanship, but the Wings fans are no better as a whole. Thats something I wanted to see changed, but I have learned my lesson.

I see the exact same things going on when I read ANY FAN BOARD of any NHL team. Even here, you have fans who were saying they will boycott the NHL if the Wings didn't win this series. Some fans just like to blow steam off. Others could be realistic. If there is anything I have learned though, is that fans on forums will typically be downers about their team but come back around. Point is that Sharks fans may be over the top and not have a great display of sportsmanship, but the Wings fans are no better as a whole. Thats something I wanted to see changed, but I have learned my lesson.

I honestly came to this site to express my appreciation for the Wings last night. It was a series where you hated to see a team lose.

But, then everything on this thread was "f*** San Jose," and "f*** the Sharks." And now it's about the Sharks top three being overpaid and people are expressing how the Sharks are going to get steamrolled.

WTF?

I honestly came to this site to express my appreciation for the Wings last night. It was a series where you hated to see a team lose.

But, then everything on this thread was "f*** San Jose," and "f*** the Sharks." And now it's about the Sharks top three being overpaid and people are expressing how the Sharks are going to get steamrolled.

WTF?

Ok, say the Wings win last night. Do you not think that the Sharks forum would be filled with comments like that? I am just wondering, do you expect fans to be happy about watching their team lose? Because I know I wasn't and I threw around my share of f*** the Sharks comments but that frustration lasts about the rest of that night and not much longer for me.

Edited by MGreenberg

You got blinders on, seriously. Once a team becomes successful, they get bandwagon fans, if you really think that Canuck fans are only die hard fans your pretty slow. Sellout streaks have nothing to do with Canucks having die hard fans either, your Arena sits around 18,000+ seats, Canucks make the playoffs and have a very deep team, and Canucks are in CANADA, they will sellout regardless! Even Edmonton with their rebuilding team has a large sellout streak going. Cheering for the Wings has nothing to do with the Yankees, totally different sports with different rules including a cap that took place over 8 years ago. Wings develope and draft their talent while the Yankees purchase their talent, big difference.

To pardon your ignorance, just because the Wings made the playoffs 20 straight times and won the cup 4 times in that 20 years doesn't mean their isn't any diehard Wings fans, thats a ridiculous argument. Your team doesn't need to struggle in order to have diehard fans, in the 1970's did Montreal not have diehard fans because they won the cup 8 times ? Stupid anaolgy. Whether Wings fans remember before Yzerman was drafted or not that doesn't disclude them from being diehard Wing fans. One argument that really irks me is "You have to be from Detroit to be a Wings fan". I used to live in Detroit but because of other Job opportunities I had to leave and move to Canada, that doesn't discredit me as a Wings fan nor does it make me a 'Bandwagon' fan just because I don't live there. I have friends out here that weren't born in Detroit, but their parents were born their and moved and they grew up cheering for them because their parents did, but somehow you seem to think thats the definition of a bandwagon fan, pretty sad, stop letting ignorance get in your way.

I heard a good joke today:

The Sharks decided to celebrate their series victory at Joe Thornton's house because his pool has the best diving board and he serves the cheapest shots.

Edit: Despite sharing that joke, just for the record, I'm ok with the loss, unlike last year and in 2009. I'm not bitter, and I don't think we were screwed. I think we were beat fair and square.

Full credit to San Jose for bouncing back, and full credit to the refs for not being confused between a dive and a real penalty.

Edited by Barrie