• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Congratulations to the Sharks

Rate this topic

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I guess I was just kind of hoping people would let their bitterness go in other threads (AKA "What should we do in the offseason?"), but this one is getting a good taste of sour grapes too. Maybe I'm getting a little more seasoned or more mature. My frustrations don't stick around as long as they used to, and they're not as violent.

I think the the Wings-Sharks series showcased the two best teams in hockey. It was a helluva series, and could have gone either way. It ultimately came down to special teams in Game 7. If the Wings had advanced, I really don't see Vancouver beating them. I also agree with a previous poster . . . the eventual SC Champion will come out of the West.

Edited by Canned Heat

It's not as if some of us have family that introduced us to hockey from Michigan, or have a father from Livonia (o hai there), right? Course not.

Oh, also it's not like those from Michigan who take their winters down south decided to stay there, and brought family along who happen to be Wings fans amirite? Nah.

Or better yet, it's not like people from Michigan decided to move elsewhere seeking a job or better job opportunities and happened to carry their fandom with them? No way there.

Bandwagon fans can easily be described synonymously as fairweather fans.. those who join when the team is good, because the team is good, riding the coattails of success, and are quick to jump off the bandwagon at the slightest bit of adversity. I suggest you figure out the difference before another clownish post.

Oh here is where you are wrong, newcomer. It is NOT easy being a Wings fan here, especially seeing handfuls of posts declaring one's team being out of the playoffs in a one-goal game in the second period of a close contest, even after one's team has proven that no lead is safe.

I'm not sure what your point is here... if you have ties to Detroit you aren't likely a bandwagon fan. But, if you just pick the Wings to cheer for out of the 30 teams, the evidence suggests you've picked the team that historically succeeds the most. I'm not sure why this offends you people. Your team is the is usually the best, but those who "jump" on the Wings wagon are picking a team that is easy to cheer fair because the weather is always fair in Detroit.

This discussion began one someone called Vancouver fans bandwagon fans and I suggested that if either franchise was likely to have any bandwagon fans it was the Wings. The reason being, the Wings have historically been far superior to the Canucks.

As for newcomer...looks like my signup dates harkens back nearly as long as yours old timer.

Edited by Bertmondi

I hope the Shark fans have gone home. This is getting embarrassing.

You don't have to root for them. Just go through the handshake line or pull a Chelios and vanish into another thread where you can ***** to your hearts' content.