• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

Rate this topic

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

canucks steal game 1!

what a great 3rd period to bounce back!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

great 3rd period by the canucks to bounce back and win this game!

gonna be a great series!

game 2 isnt until Wednesday <_<

It's kind of funny because both teams are choke artists in the playoffs. Both teams are kinda known for falling apart in the playoffs. Vancouver is known for not making it past the 2nd round (broke that though). Thornton is a loser, and will be until his team wins the cup.

Luongo is over-rated and will continue to be until Vancouver wins the cup. Problem is with Luongo, the team in front of him is a top notch team. I still think 'overrated' may follow him sorta like Osgood's tag of overrated follows him. Everybody thought or some still think Luongo is this elite goalie. I don't see a ton from him to really suggest that. He coughs up turnovers like he did tonight, Turco-style, and he just doesn't seem that mentally tough.

Just my opinion.

God i wish we were in there.

Why are the Canucks choke artists? Yeah, they had issue getting out of the second round. Who did they play exactly in the second rounds? Oh, right, the Stanley Cup Champions (twice). All three times they lost to a team that was better in the playoffs. If you want to go pre-lockout then they only lost once since the start of 2000 to a team that was below them in the standings.

canucks steal game 1!

what a great 3rd period to bounce back!

Steal a game.. lol. I'd say SJ only had a prayer thanks NOTHING to their talent but rather a blatant Lougongo brain fart, otherwise SJ never really had a chance as Vancouver outplayed them even in the 1st. SJ may be tired but I'll be very surprised if this series doesn't go to at least six games.

In the grand scheme of this series, the difference is a Vancouver D that is six men deep because after that, both teams have scoring talent and both team's have scoreRs that could be plying better.

Guest Heaten

Chokers vs Chokers. Chokers win this game, only cuz the other team choked up the lead. This game was SJ's to lose...and they did. After watching the TB Bolts yesterday, these teams look slow and disorganized.

I've never loathed a team more than the 2011 Canucks.. Been cheering against them from the first series (yes even for Chicago). The sooner they can lose the better... Sharks Tampa Final FTW

Wish the poll was worded in a way where I could feel a little more comfortable voting. Something like "Which team would you love to see lose the series more?"

I am able to withstand just one more Vancouver victory if they can take out the SJS, just as long as TB ends their stanley cup wishes in the finals. I hope I'm not sounding too evil!..

Guest Shoreline

Why are the Canucks choke artists? Yeah, they had issue getting out of the second round. Who did they play exactly in the second rounds? Oh, right, the Stanley Cup Champions (twice). All three times they lost to a team that was better in the playoffs. If you want to go pre-lockout then they only lost once since the start of 2000 to a team that was below them in the standings.

Nashville won the cup? Damn! The wife and I forgot to do a hoedown to celebrate. :(

But I do see you left out teams like Detroit and Minnesota in the discussion of modern Canuck chokes.

Nashville won the cup? Damn! The wife and I forgot to do a hoedown to celebrate. :(

But I do see you left out teams like Detroit and Minnesota in the discussion of modern Canuck chokes.

WTF are you talking about? How does Nashville factor into this. a) we beat them and b) we are talking about past year's "chokes". Chicago won the Cup last year. Anaheim in 06-07. And if you want to extend it further back to include your so called modern chokes, that Detroit team in 01-02 won the cup. The Colorado Avalanche in 00-01 won the cup. The only two teams we've lost to in recent seasons who didn't win the Cup was the 02-03 Wild and 08-09 Blackhawks.

Minnesota was a choke, WHICH I MENTIONED (not directly but I did mention them as being the team we lost to who was below us). Not denying that one. Against Detroit, maybe, but you guys were by far the better team. We were the 8th seed and you were the President's trophy winners. The fact we were up 2-0 was a miracle. That was a completely different team aside from the Sedin's, so no, why should I bring them up? But apparently what you do with a completely different team almost ten years ago is the most important factor, not recent history.

Edited by Death Warrant

Guest Shoreline

WTF are you talking about? How does Nashville factor into this. a) we beat them and b) we are talking about past year's "chokes". Chicago won the Cup last year. Anaheim in 06-07.

Minnesota was a choke, WHICH I MENTIONED (not directly but I did mention them as being the team we lost two). Against Detroit, maybe, but you guys were by far the better team. The fact we were up 2-0 was a miracle. That was a completely different team aside from the Sedin's, so no, why should I bring them up?

Well, I could have pointed out how horrible your English is (or perhaps your skill at not mentioning things that you claim to mention), maybe enough to confuse yourself, but if this isn't enough..

Who did they play exactly in the second rounds? Oh, right, the Stanley Cup Champions (twice).

I pointed out they played Nashville in the "SECOND" round. Chicago was the "FIRST" round. This season, duh.. Chicago were not defending Cup champs last playoffs when Vancouver played them. Fail. Irony post is ironic.

Edited by Shoreline

Well, I could have pointed out how horrible your English is (or perhaps your skill at not mentioning things that you claim to mention), maybe enough to confuse yourself, but if this isn't enough..

So mature. Apparently you need everything spelled out for you.

I pointed out they played Nashville in the "SECOND" round. Chicago was the "FIRST" round. This season, duh.. Chicago were not defending Cup champs last playoffs when Vancouver played them. Fail. Irony post is ironic.

I didn't say they played the defending Stanley Cup Champions. But if you're going to be all pissy about it then fine, teams that went on to win the Cup.

Guest Shoreline

So mature. Apparently you need everything spelled out for you.

I didn't say they played the defending Stanley Cup Champions. But if you're going to be all pissy about it then fine, teams that went on to win the Cup.

We have an angry Canucks fan. Calm down, your team is in the Conference finals. :lol:

It was a tongue in cheek post the first one you responded to, but you did mention second round chokes, and Vancouver's near-choke was against Chicago, defending Stanley Cup champs, in the first round, not second. The joke about Nashville, speaking of spelling things out as I find myself repeating something rather obvious, was that this is who the Canucks played in the second round.. this year. Hell, it was you yourself that iterated it had to do with Chicago who won the Cup last year. It seems you're tripping all over yourself. ;)

Edited by Shoreline

We have an angry Canucks fan. Calm down, your team is in the Conference finals. :lol:

It was a tongue in cheek post the first one you responded to, but you did mention second round chokes, and Vancouver's near-choke was against Chicago, defending Stanley Cup champs, in the first round, not second. The joke about Nashville, speaking of spelling things out as I find myself repeating something rather obvious, was that this is who the Canucks played in the second round.. this year. Hell, it was you yourself that iterated it had to do with Chicago who won the Cup last year. It seems you're tripping all over yourself. ;)

Fine, my bad. I'm far from angry though. If you were in the same situation you may not always catch "tongue in cheek" posts about choking. Most people only bring up the past two Chicago series in the recent choke talks, not too many talk about this year, so that's the first thing I think when people talk about choking. In fact, most media around here primarily focus on the "not getting out of the second round" part. Yeah, we almost choked against the Hawks this year, but we didn't, so I skipped over it. I'll freely admit the Canucks are underachievers but the choke label is damn annoying.

This is the highest seed we've ever been and as I mentioned, in recent years, we haven't lost to a team that had fewer points than us in the regular season. I don't feel the need to compare this team with the ones in early 2000 when the core was completely different. The Sedin's are the only players from that time still playing and they were pretty much third liners at the time. Don't get me started on Dan Cloutier. I am probably the biggest Luongo hater but he is still miles ahead of Cloutier or anything we had in goal in that era. I agree the Minnesota series was a complete choke. But being put in the conversation with the Sharks or Caps, who have been a top team in the league for several seasons, yet never did anything with it is a bit annoying. I would even consider the Bruins, prior to this year, as pretty bad chokers. The Canucks have been a decent to good team in the post lockout era but have never been in the tops of the league. Second round exits, albeit disappointing, is as expected. 1 and 2 are supposed to be in the conference final, this is the first year we were in that position and we've at least gotten there (obviously hope to go further).

Whatever, maybe I'm just tired and surrounded by too many Oilers fans (man are they are desperate to see the Canucks fall).

Edited by Death Warrant

Guest Shoreline

Fine, my bad. I'm far from angry though. If you were in the same situation you may not always catch "tongue in cheek" posts about choking. Most people only bring up the past two Chicago series in the recent choke talks, not too many talk about this year, so that's the first thing I think when people talk about choking. In fact, most media around here primarily focus on the "not getting out of the second round" part. Yeah, we almost choked against the Hawks this year, but we didn't, so I skipped over it. I'll freely admit the Canucks are underachievers but the choke label is damn annoying.

This is the highest seed we've ever been and as I mentioned, in recent years, we haven't lost to a team that had fewer points than us in the regular season. I don't feel the need to compare this team with the ones in early 2000 when the core was completely different. The Sedin's are the only players from that time still playing and they were pretty much third liners at the time. Don't get me started on Dan Cloutier. I am probably the biggest Luongo hater but he is still miles ahead of Cloutier or anything we had in goal in that era. I agree the Minnesota series was a complete choke. But being put in the conversation with the Sharks or Caps, who have been a top team in the league for several seasons, yet never did anything with it is a bit annoying. I would even consider the Bruins, prior to this year, as pretty bad chokers. The Canucks have been a decent to good team in the post lockout era but have never been in the tops of the league. Second round exits, albeit disappointing, is as expected. 1 and 2 are supposed to be in the conference final, this is the first year we were in that position and we've at least gotten there (obviously hope to go further).

Whatever, maybe I'm just tired and surrounded by too many Oilers fans (man are they are desperate to see the Canucks fall).

This seems to be a year of shedding choke labels (Joe Thornton?), and certainly whoever wins this series will have a shot at winning it all next round instead of fans here merely hearing about how good they are doing during the regular season and how this year will be different.

Anyhow, I'm actually cheering from the Canucks to beat the Sharks, mostly because while there is a small loyal fanbase of Shark fans (and it can get loud at the Alameda and downtown San Jose after a playoff win) by far most people in Northern California don't care about hockey never mind the Sharks. I think Vancouver would be more deserving, and I'd like to see a Vancouver/Boston matchup.

I do think the BC<->Alberta NHL rivalry is pretty interesting, and it's damn nice to see some refreshing debate about that then bitching about how Toronto is the centre of Canadian universe. :P

Sooo.. back to the series.. some random thoughts:

- Sedins are still relatively quiet, especially Daniel. Wonder when they are gonna be dominant again.

- Thornton is on top of his game.

- Pavelski hasn't been as useful when he isn't diving. I think Pavelski eating glass / ice trying to draw a penalty is like Popeye to spinach.

- If Vancouver beats San Jose it's because of key role players and depth. Their 3rd line looks very good, and the D is quite aggressive.

Guest Heaten

I am surprised Canucks won that game last night. Sharks looked like the better team to me and pretty much controlled the play. I did kind of expect this series to go like this since both teams are the biggest chokers in the league.

I have a good feeling about the Lighting winning it all this year. That team looks unstoppable.

Canucks started to get their legs in the second and took over. The third period was utter domination. I sometimes wonder which games you guy watch.

We're watching the games of two teams we don't particularly care about, whereas you're watching as a hardcore fan of one of them.

Whose perspective do you think is likely more skewed?

We're watching the games of two teams we don't particularly care about, whereas you're watching as a hardcore fan of one of them.

Whose perspective do you think is likely more skewed?

Anyone who says the Sharks outplayed the Canucks in a game where the Canucks outhit, outshot, outchanced and outscored the Sharks.

Anyone who says the Sharks outplayed the Canucks in a game where the Canucks outhit, outshot, outchanced and outscored the Sharks.

That's the funny thing about forums. As much as you Canucks fans try and police and refute what people say about your team all across the internet, people are allowed to think otherwise.

Hey, I am 100% on the Nucks bandwagon, but it sure looked to me like San Jose played just as well if not better than Vancouver. Admittedly I didn't watch the whole game - it was too close for my comfort. I'm being a whiny ***** - I don't want to see good hockey in this series; I want to see Vancouver do unspeakable things to San Jose.

Guest Heaten

I'm guilty of not checking the post-game stat sheet, which I very rarely rely on because it's usually biased to favor the home team anyhow. I just watched the game and make my own analysis of who I see as the 'more dominant' team. To me the Sharks looked like the better team last night. I do question some of the penalties that were in Vancouver's favor, some looked extremely soft for a western conference playoff game. But I guess that's another 'home ice advantage'. Sharks should get some calls in their favor when they get back to San Ho-say (and the advantage on the post-game stat sheet for those who really value that garbage).

Neimi didn't play his best game, either.

I'm not rooting for the Sharks to win, I'm rooting for both teams to lose... or at the very least, beat the s*** out of each other so Tampa/Boston can run the winner in the ground in the finals.

Though, I gotta say, the Canucks have the most annoying fan base in the entire NHL. I really don't ever want to see them win a cup, ever. My dream is Canucks will sell out the team to Phoenix one day and rename the team to something else.

My dream is Canucks will sell out the team to Phoenix one day and rename the team to something else.

But then an entire legion of Canuck fans will drop off the face of the internet...

I like it...