• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

Rate this topic

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Shoreline

Early on it looked like San Jose had the momentum but most of the 2nd and 3rd.. certainly belonged to Vancouver. The end result statistics matter little but how well a team can keep a flow of their game going. San Jose has already exhibited signs of wearing down after only 1 game, hell, one period of 1 game, which would be very advantageous to a well rested Vancouver squad.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest CaliWingsNut

The Sharks saying that the Canucks are embellishing? f*** do I hate hypocrites. Shut up and play suckers.

I just saw this on TSN.... ******* hilarious.

The Sharks saying that the Canucks are embellishing? f*** do I hate hypocrites. Shut up and play suckers.

That's hilarious. Not so fun being on the other side of it.

Also funny that they can be both hypocrites and right at the same time. It can be a dive off between Setoguchi, Thornton, Kesler, H. Sedin, and Torres.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I watched Game 1. I know it's only 1 game and Vancouver should win at home, but I was expecting a lot more from San Jose. Hearing the fans in San Jose chant, "Beat Detroit" I'm wondering if beating the Wings is their Stanley Cup?

This series will ultimately come down to which teams dives the best. Todd needs to do more diving drills in practice. Seems Vancouver has a leg up in that department atm.

Edited by Broken 16

You guys will probably think this is a Homerish article but I've noticed the same things as the writer has all year long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=capress-hkn_canucks_playoffs-6868803

As an example, last night the Canucks were called for icing late in the game and their centre got tossed (can't remember who it was). It was a critical point in the game. Danny Sedin had to take the draw and he never takes draws. He sucks at them. At the same time they showed a shot of the bench with Henrik tugging on the shoulder of his own sweater and saying something to Coach Vig -- then Vig cracks up laughing. Today in a media conference Coach Vig was asked about it and he said that Henrik said it was "too bad they'd already used their time-out because him and Danny chould change sweaters for the draw." Then, Danny goes on to win the draw. That's hanging pretty loose at a critical point in the game.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

I watched Game 1. I know it's only 1 game and Vancouver should win at home, but I was expecting a lot more from San Jose. Hearing the fans in San Jose chant, "Beat Detroit" I'm wondering if beating the Wings is their Stanley Cup?

I don't mean for this to sound like some elitest comment but when the wings are favored to win the cup 17 of the past 20 years, I would think it's a special thing to knock them out of the playoffs.

Hopefully the wings continue to be a dominant team in the league. I don't want it to end.

San Jose really pisses me off. I think they're going to lose in 5 games to Vancouver and I really think the wings would give a much better showing to Vancouver. ARGHHH

I don't mean for this to sound like some elitest comment but when the wings are favored to win the cup 17 of the past 20 years, I would think it's a special thing to knock them out of the playoffs.

Yea, but I see this as a problem for them. I remember before we finally won in 1997 we were saying, "We want Stanley". San Jose fans are saying, "Beat Detroit", they even put it on their rally towels.

Add to that, they already beat us last year.

At this point in the history of the Sharks franchise, anything less than a Cup is a disappointment and failure. Beating the wings is no small feat and players and fans were no doubt happy, but if they lose in this round again, I hope heads roll.

So being favored to win the cup 17 of the last 20 years and failing to win them all huh? So who are the real chokers??

It's one game and based on that, you're writing them off in five? Wow.

Guest Shoreline

So being favored to win the cup 17 of the last 20 years and failing to win them all huh? So who are the real chokers??

It's one game and based on that, you're writing them off in five? Wow.

I think 17 is an exaggeration, especially when one takes the early 90s into account.

However, obviously some bitter Wings fans are going to write the Sharks off. That's what happens when you're at an opponent's forums.

As for choking, well, given the Wings have won 4 cups in the last 20 years (more specifically, in a span of 11 years), the Sharks have none, it looks like the Sharks take a bite out of the Wings in the choker category.

Anyhow, I'm kinda irritated about the extra day off. I kinda skipped yesterday thinking the Bolts/Bruins were playing, only to see they play tonight and the Canucks/Sharks tomorrow night. I r disappoint.

Edited by Shoreline

Anyhow, I'm kinda irritated about the extra day off. I kinda skipped yesterday thinking the Bolts/Bruins were playing, only to see they play tonight and the Canucks/Sharks tomorrow night. I r disappoint.

Same here Shoreline. Apparently the reason the Canucks/Sharks have two days off between games is that Kid Rock is in Rogers Arena tonight and has been booked for a long time. I know he's a Michigan native and sorry, but screw Kid Rock.

The team that has never won it, of course.

Same here Shoreline. Apparently the reason the Canucks/Sharks have two days off between games is that Kid Rock is in Rogers Arena tonight and has been booked for a long time. I know he's a Michigan native and sorry, but screw Kid Rock.

The guy is a bandwagon cock face.

SAM_0900.JPG

Give him as much hell as you would like.

Edited by Doc Holliday

You guys will probably think this is a Homerish article but I've noticed the same things as the writer has all year long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=capress-hkn_canucks_playoffs-6868803

As an example, last night the Canucks were called for icing late in the game and their centre got tossed (can't remember who it was). It was a critical point in the game. Danny Sedin had to take the draw and he never takes draws. He sucks at them. At the same time they showed a shot of the bench with Henrik tugging on the shoulder of his own sweater and saying something to Coach Vig -- then Vig cracks up laughing. Today in a media conference Coach Vig was asked about it and he said that Henrik said it was "too bad they'd already used their time-out because him and Danny chould change sweaters for the draw." Then, Danny goes on to win the draw. That's hanging pretty loose at a critical point in the game.

Which team is more mentally fragile? The one that blew a 3 games to nothing lead in the first round or the one that blew it in the 2nd round? Neither team knows what it takes to win. To bad they both can't lose. I'm thinking that Tampa wins the Cup.

Which team is more mentally fragile? The one that blew a 3 games to nothing lead in the first round or the one that blew it in the 2nd round? Neither team knows what it takes to win. To bad they both can't lose. I'm thinking that Tampa wins the Cup.

It's possible that the teams that gave up 3-0 leads and have already been eliminated were the most fragile.

Guest Shoreline

After Boyle's hilarious loudmouth rant about diving, surely things will get more interesting.

I'm more or less watching what the Canucks are doing to see what they might be doing right against the Sharks that the Wings weren't accomplishing. For Game 1 special teams were effective for the Canucks.