• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

Rate this topic

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I heard a good line today, Toronto in the early 2000's had the "Muskoka 5", referencing the cottage country north of Toronto, San Jose currently has the "Beach Boys".

I'd bet money when San Jose loses Burke is going to try and use those 1st round picks he has to get Thornton and Marleau on the Leafs. He talked about getting them last year. Maybe those guys can do something in the weaker Conference?

youtube has uncensorred version of the "incident".

I must say... this looks very much like a pair of really decent twins to me. I usually associate a good pair of properly

sized twins as something motivational, rather than demotivational, though ;)

as for Nucks officials reactions - understandable to me. though anything further than "talk" with the lady to "ensure she's

not gonna become repetitive offender" would be overkill - especially banning her from further entrance to the arena.

as for her visual appeal... dunno... perhaps for NA standards she could be a pretty, but we have better in Europe :hockeysmile:

not in Netherlands though :angry:

Edited by akustyk

Guest Shoreline

I hope the green men will be there in San Jose with something up their sleeves, especially for Eager.

Guest Shoreline

So I guess they would rather have a guy pull down his pants and swing it around near the penalty box. Seriously what is the big deal?

No, but judging by CBC's comments, they think Don Cherry is worth a half dozen second tape delay, yet despite the apocalyptic boobies live game telecasts aren't.

Sense? This makes none.

Edited by Shoreline

No, but judging by CBC's comments, they think Don Cherry is worth a half dozen second tape delay, yet despite the apocalyptic boobies live game telecasts aren't.

Sense? This makes none.

Don Cherry and Ron McLean are a far more offensive pair of boobs.

edit: I should get a ******* award for that.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Guest Crymson

Puck Daddy determined this woman's identity (they found her Facebook page). No doubt others have done so as well, and I suspect they're unlikely to be tender with the poor girl. Such is the reality of the media these days.

So I guess they would rather have a guy pull down his pants and swing it around near the penalty box. Seriously what is the big deal?

<extreme sarcasm> Because boobs are bad, don't you know? </extreme sarcasm>

as for her visual appeal... dunno... perhaps for NA standards she could be a pretty, but we have better in Europe :hockeysmile:

not in Netherlands though :angry:

I know you're probably joking, but I'm kinda sick of hearing this :) I used to work with a bunch of Europeans in my grad school lab, and they would say things like this all the time. There are plenty of beautiful women here in NA, and I'm sure you guys have your fair share of the uglies over in the EU :P

I like how you guys are saying what's the big deal it's only boobs, but that's what this entire thread has become about now. :lol:

( o )( o )

Looks like no more Sammy..

yahoo

I'm not sure how Canucks fans feel about him (I know most Wings fans hated him) but I think he'll be missed and his absence will be underrated. Dude can be quite clutch.

Have you guys caught on to all the talk about the events surrounding the Bieksa goal on Wednesday?

If not, here's what happened.

Sharks shot the puck in to the Canucks zone as the Canucks were making a line change; forwards only. Hamhuis had the puck in the Canucks zone and there wasn't much of a forecheck from the Sharks. Hamhuis had time to stall while the Canucks line change was being completed.

But Higgins was on the bench and did not replace the man who came off the ice. This left the Canucks with four skaters to the Sharks five. And it's not like Higgins screwed up. He did it on purpose. He watched the play and Hamhuis with the puck and sat on the boards at the Canucks bench with his feet hanging over on the ice side. Then Hamhuis broke right (Higgins was stage left), and Hamhuis drew attention from the Sharks. Then Higgins while still sitting on the boards waved his stick at Hamhuis and jumped on to the ice with no one even close to him. Hamhuis passed Higgins the puck and he was then all alone with the puck. He then doubleed back to the Canucks blueline, attracting the attention of half the Sharks team who were totally confused. As this is happening Bieksa breaks through centre ice and Hamhuis hits Bieksa with a breakaway pass.

I think I got it right -- definitely the relevant parts. Seems to me Erhoff was involved too but I can't find a video at the moment.

It was unbelievable. It's not often you see what I think was a totally original play like that. Essentially, Higgins played possum until the opportune time.

edit: found some video of it. If you can access Sportsnet it starts at about the 1:25 mark. Doesn't show it as well as I've seen it, but you'll get the idea.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/05/19/sharks_canucks_gm2/

( o )( o

I'm not sure how Canucks fans feel about him (I know most Wings fans hated him) but I think he'll be missed and his absence will be underrated. Dude can be quite clutch.

We love the guy, but he's been fighting this injury all season and the team has evolved around him to the point where his absence isn't missed all that much. You've got to give Mike Gillis and his late-season acquisitions a lot of credit for that. If Sammy was healthy he would definitely be a great asset, but it's been so long since he's been healthy and we've done so well basically without him that he's kind of become the forgotten man.

One man's loss is another man's gain, and the guys stepping in have taken full advantage of that.

A Vancouver paper ran this photo with a caption contest. Winners are below.

1e4e4622-1dda-483b-956a-da7d65442855_500.jpg

Fourth Place:

"It ain't over til the stupid guy scores."

Third Place:

"Does my ass look big in these pants?"

Second Place:

"Dude, I'm telling you. Pierced nipples!"

First Place:

"Excuse me, Lou, but I seem to have dropped my dignity. Have you seen it?"

WTH?????? Hitting is roughing?????? Terrible terribe call

Well the Sharks can definitely thank the refs for that goal :angry:

That and so many others.

Oh look, more diving.

Not talking about the high stick, but pavelski earlier.