Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image

#202 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

The post-game comments form the Sharks are unbelievable. Eager calling Bieksa a coward. I guess he didn't see Marleau drop the gloves first. And I guess Eager forgot how he fought Bieksa to a draw and ran from Rick Rypien for two years until Rypien had a bad wrist. All sorts of bile being spewed. Marleau is about the only Shark who showed any class. Talk about sore classless losers.

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 19 May 2011 - 12:34 AM.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#203 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

Canucks are the lesser of the two evils right now. I hate the Sharks more than the Canucks due to playoff experiences against SJ the past two years. So go Canucks until one of the teams from the east beats them.

I see what you mean. I just can't get the images of the Nucks fans after they went up 2-0 on the Wings in 2002 out of my head.

#204 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

The post-game comments form the Sharks are unbelievable. Eager calling Bieksa a coward. I guess he didn't see Marleau drop the gloves first. And I guess Eager forgot how he fought Bieksa to a draw and ran from Rick Rypien for two years until Rypien had a bad wrist. All sorts of bile being spewed. Marleau is about the only Shark who showed any class. Talk about sore classless losers.

Damn I should have watched the post game. The shards usually get pretty sour after a loss.

#205 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

Breaking news:

NHL suspends Ben Eager for hit on Daniel Sedin.

Canucks GM Mike Gillis says he will appeal.
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#206 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:59 AM

Breaking news:

Wait whaaa???

Why would the Canucks GM appeal that...?

#207 ENuck

ENuck

Rookie

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

Breaking news:

:lol:

#208 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

Wait whaaa???

It's a joke. The point of it is that Eager's horribly penalty-prone play causes Vancouver to benefit from his presence in the lineup.

#209 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:16 AM

Breaking news:

It's a joke. The point of it is that Eager's horribly penalty-prone play causes Vancouver to benefit from his presence in the lineup.

Posted Image

#210 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:31 AM

Breaking news:

BUWAHAHAAA....!

#211 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

Wait whaaa???

He wants any flashing women to report to his suite.

What's interesting is a few things.

1) Look at Eager's board on Sedin. He saw Eager coming, and purposely faced the boards. This mirrors the Pavelski board in Game 1 Wings/Sharks. It's a very pathetic and stupidly dangerous method of trying to get a penalty call one's way. I don't think Eager will or should get suspended for that. On the other hand, that hit followed the Marleau/Bieksa fight, Eager went up to the glass toward the Canucks bench following that and started yelling s*** at them something about going after skill guys, so he might have intended to run Sedin as payback. If this is the case, suspension deserved.

2) Clowe calling out Lapierre.. not much to say but he's an idiot. He needs to start putting up points before opening his mouth to the media instead of reacting to sideshow nonsense.

Sharks were dominated which is why they're busy calling people cowards to the media and allowing their frustration to boil over into something outside of the concept of being the team with the higher number of "Goals" at the end of the game. If this is how easily they lose composure then Canucks in 4. The Sharks already look tired and frustrated, likely because they're being outplayed and the series with the Wings wore them out.

Edited by Shoreline, 19 May 2011 - 03:37 AM.

#212 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

Never mind any of that Shoreline, the real trigger for all the Sharks frustrations began with getting punked on the Bieksa goal. When Higgins sat on the boards not stepping on the ice for his shift till he could take that pass to feed Bieksa on the breakaway, that little prank/strategy absolutely put a dent in their testicles for the rest of the game :cool:

I know I really badly wanted a Wings/Canucks conference final, cause no matter what happened in the last series Detroit is better than San Jose but, a total ***** slapping of Sj is the next best thing, even if this series does go six games.

#213 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:05 AM

Very hypocritical. Don't know if anyone saw this from NHL.com today either...

Marleau-Bieksa scrap causes a stir

VANCOUVER Patrick Marleau is not known as a fighter. His last tussle came in December of 2007 against Nick Boynton, but on Wednesday night the San Jose forward obliged when prodded by Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa.

Despite taking a few good shots from Bieksa, Marleau held his own and got a few jabs in, but some of the Sharks tough guys were not impressed after the 7-3 loss at Rogers Arena with Bieksa picking Marleau to fight.

"We've seen that before with Kevin," said Ben Eager. "It's sad that someone's gonna sign him for big money when he's a phony. He goes after our top players. He's been asked many times, by lots of players throughout the League (to fight), and he's declined."

I know they never fought, but anyone remember Joe Thornton in game 4 last year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvhYyGegB0

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#214 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

I thought Marleau dropped the gloves first?

#215 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:18 AM

Go Sharks! You've lost 5 of your last 6 playoff games! You sure do deserve to be there. <_<

#216 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

Posted Image

"Not the face! Not the face!!"

"Timeout! Oww!! I said TIME-OUT!"

#217 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

this sharks team needs to go away....fast.

Of course once they started to lose last night they became the best cheap shot artists in the league. Clowe going after anyone and everyone with swinging fists, Eager doing dumb thing after dumb thing, if McClellen had any brains he would be benched after last night.

And yes Marleau did in fact drop them first, he was trying to fire his team up. That is one guy I actually don't have a whole lot of beef with; the rest of the sharks can suck an egg.

Please Please PLEASE Canucks, wipe these assclowns out.

#218 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

i love how eager calls out bieksa in the media when it was marleau who challenged bieksa to fight. meanwhile, he's pulling his typical goonery.

maybe it's because we just played them, and maybe it's because i feel like they beat us when they didn't really deserve to (flukey OT goal in a series that goes seven games), but the sharks have certainly become my number-one most hated team (replacing anaheim) in recent times.

go wings.

#219 Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Mr. Dangles

• PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:29 AM

Special thank you to those that found the flash evidence for me. I was watching on an internet stream and saw the jersey on it's way down. Wasn't sure if I was crazy.

Great work!

#220 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

Maybe Marleau thought Bieksa was Roenick.
Ben Eager, still in the League? Who knew? Who cared?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.