• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

Rate this topic

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So what happened to Thornton? I was reading something about his shoulder, but he's still playing in Game 5.

Rogers Arena will be rockin' tomorrow night! I'll be watching.

Rumour is that he hurt his shoulder when Torres hit him. There's also been some speculation that he could have cracked a couple ribs.

So what happened to Thornton? I was reading something about his shoulder, but he's still playing in Game 5.

(Insert joke about Thornton being a *****).

Rumour is that he hurt his shoulder when Torres hit him. There's also been some speculation that he could have cracked a couple ribs.

I repeat...

I'd feel bad for him if he wasn't such a diving moron.

:P

I understand it was his left shoulder when it hit the ice. The grimace when he dropped and leaving the game tells me even if he plays he will not be 100%

Rogers Arena will be rockin' tomorrow night! I'll be watching.

And I will be there right above the Nucks bench- yay!!

In other news Erhoff will likely play.

Edited by ENuck

Guest Shoreline

He got a booboo.

He is playing game 6 though, so hopefully Torres aggravates it a bit more.

This post better not be a source of Canuck bad mojo.... :ph34r:

via DownGoesBrown:

When all else fails, the easiest way to tell that a player is about to dive is by:

a.) His attempt to make eye contact with the referee first.

b.) His use of his hands to brace himself for a fall.

c.) His old mattress that he dragged out onto the ice for a softer landing.

d.) His Canucks jersey.

via DownGoesBrown:

When all else fails, the easiest way to tell that a player is about to dive is by:

a.) His attempt to make eye contact with the referee first.

b.) His use of his hands to brace himself for a fall.

c.) His old mattress that he dragged out onto the ice for a softer landing.

d.) His Canucks jersey.

And Sharks jersey, dude. This series has been a joke.

Thanks for the Thornton info, all I saw of Game 4 was the last 10 minutes.

I heard a good one today about the amount of Sharks penalties in Game 4. "They were hoping the flasher was at the game".

Edit: I would guess there will be extra security by the Sharks penalty box, and more guys ready with their cameras :hehe:

Edited by Barrie

Panger40 Darren R Pang

No bandage. He is wearing full mask. Taking contact in practice. RT @agility4fun: @Panger40 Is he wearing any kind of bandage over his eye?

Panger40 Darren R Pang

Morning skate at Rogers Arena watching Manny Malhotra put on a face off clinic to end skate. Hand/eye coordination still pretty darn good.

Manny's taking contact now. Would be huge (if the Canucks get past the Sharks) if Manny can make it into the finals.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Guest Shoreline

Manny's taking contact now. Would be huge (if the Canucks get past the Sharks) if Manny can make it into the finals.

I can't help but think that the parenthesis were edited in after the post was made.. :lol:

I can't help but think that the parenthesis were edited in after the post was made.. :lol:

Lol absolutely not. There isn't even a way you can edit a post without "post edited" showing is there?

Oh s*** nevermind. Didn't realize I HAD edited it. You may even be right. I suck.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Guest Shoreline

Game on.. one of my better friends James (who texted me constant updates during Game 6 of the 2008 SCF since friends and I had long made plans to see Type O Negative with a large group of friends and I was their transportation too) back in Sacramento asked me "why do non-Americans sing both the American and Canadian anthems so much better?"... I lol'd.

I'm also too lazy to bring my laptop out here so I'm stuck with crappy grammar as typing with an iPod touch is highly annoying.

1-0 Canucks!

Almost missed that goal as wife was complaining to me about the baby kicking her bladder.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

If it isn't obvious enough, where the Canucks are succeeding and the Wings failed are two major things:

1) Special teams. Canucks power play and penalty kill have been far superior to San Jose's. Both the Canucks and Red Wings outmatched San Jose 5 on 5 but the Red Wings just got obliterated not being able to both kill penalties or score on power plays, especially pivotal ones.

2) Not collapsing under pressure. Canucks kept their composure and rarely get caught skating around, the exception being following the 5 on 3 when the Canucks couldn't clear the zone. The Canucks block shots, get in the way, and push Sharks off the puck much better than the Wings have been doing.