• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Shoreline

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (2) San Jose Sharks

Rate this topic

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Shoreline

So, hockey and such.... :lol:

Remember the topless girl in the Canucks crowd? Man, that was cool.

Remember the attention seeking chicks wearing a combination of red-coloured spandex and dresses (i.e. the female version of the Green Men) and holding X/O signs?

Me neither. I was too scurred of getting beat down at a Sharks game. :crybaby:

Edited by Shoreline

I don't much care for SJ nor Vancouver so it will have to be Tampa Bay and Stevie Y for the rest of the way for me.

1. Bad break on the icing call which led to tying goal with 15 secs remaining. But SJ had a couple of chances at an empty net and couldn't score. Sux to have such a mistake on such a crucial moment.

2. If on the winning goal, the puck hit the Stanchion (or whatever the hell you call it), shouldn't that be ruled out of play?

3. The team that deserved to win that game last night lost ... and unfortunately, it was a deciding game therefore the series. I don't think SJ could have come back but it sux to lose that way.

4. Agree with all who dumped on the Thornton, Marleau, Heatley line ... they are terrible. $22 million salary on that one line and they are stuck with all of them because they either have long contracts and untradeable ones. Good luck Todd.

San Jose did get boned last night! But I couldn't possibly think of another team that deserved it more that San Jose! I am more proud of how the Wings added damaged to the Sharks chances in this series against Vancouver. Todd McCellan mentioned in the press conference that the Sharks were a bit tired in Game 1 and did not get their legs back until the 3rd game!! Not to mention Kronwall eliminating Clowe, that in itself was a HUGE loss for the Sharks!! Kronner for Lady Byng!! :hehe:

Lol @ judging a fanbase based on kids on internet forums.

Go to a Wings/Sharks game next season Cali wearing your Wings jersey and see how "friendly" the sharks fans really are. Oh, and bring some of your crew, as those "friendly" folks will try to physically attack you as well as throw beers and s*** at you for wearing your Wings jersey there and cheering for your team.

While I haven't been to every arena, in the ones I have, I have never experienced such assholes as those sharks "fans". I'm just glad I went there somewhat recently, now that I'm older, calmer, and more pacifistic, as if that s*** had happened to me 10 years ago, I wouldn't have had the strength to try to brush it off, and there probably would have been one guy in prison (me) and several severely injured sharks "fans".

Maybe it was a fluke or something, but that experience is burned in my mind and my opinion of those fans is cemented.

Thats just one guys experience though, yours may vary...

Its real sad that you got a minus 5 on that as that happened to me TWICE!! I went to 3 Wings games this year, both regular season games and Game 1 of the playoffs.

First time I grouped together with about 10 other Wings guys that were at least 6'. There was a gang of at least 30 people that started circling us as we left the game and there was a moment when a full on brawl almost broke out (spitting, the usual verbal s*** and one guy got a water bottle thrown at him from someone but missed).

Second time was after Game 1 and just me and my dad were leaving the game and same type of encircling thing by a healthy group of guys. Since it was just 2 of us we walked the crowd towards a cop car in order to quell the situation.

I wont say all sharks fans are like this, thats painting too wide of a brush. A Raiders game on the other hand can end it serious physical attacks if you arent wearing black with certainty. The fact that it happened both times we lost says alot. The first game of the season when we won the fans walked out pretty sedate. Its when they are all pumped up I have been a target since I wear ALL red, not just a sweater. Head to toe red and it has been a magnet for conflict.

Ill continue to go there to watch my wings and hope that my pop and I dont get involved in a fight and end up either hurt or in jail or both.

All in all Id say Sharks fans are about 60-40 good bad maybe 70-30. Lower level fans are way cool, its the upper level guys that get drunk and come in groups on 10 billion that are problematic. Ive been to other venues for hockey and for other pro sports and SJ is one of the dicier places. Granted never been to Pittsburg, Philly or Montreal which I would guess are pretty gnarly as far as fan go so I dont have a complete yard stick in order to measure against.

Lets just say that Ive been to Kings vs Lakers games in Sacramento back in our heyday and it was no where near what it was like at HP poovillion.

Just my own experiences, maybe being a 6'6" guy sporting red in a rival building encourages it but it really shouldnt happen.

PS hope I dont get minuses for a personal experience.

Guest Shoreline

Its real sad that you got a minus 5 on that as that happened to me TWICE!! I went to 3 Wings games this year, both regular season games and Game 1 of the playoffs.

First time I grouped together with about 10 other Wings guys that were at least 6'. There was a gang of at least 30 people that started circling us as we left the game and there was a moment when a full on brawl almost broke out (spitting, the usual verbal s*** and one guy got a water bottle thrown at him from someone but missed).

Second time was after Game 1 and just me and my dad were leaving the game and same type of encircling thing by a healthy group of guys. Since it was just 2 of us we walked the crowd towards a cop car in order to quell the situation.

I wont say all sharks fans are like this, thats painting too wide of a brush. A Raiders game on the other hand can end it serious physical attacks if you arent wearing black with certainty. The fact that it happened both times we lost says alot. The first game of the season when we won the fans walked out pretty sedate. Its when they are all pumped up I have been a target since I wear ALL red, not just a sweater. Head to toe red and it has been a magnet for conflict.

Ill continue to go there to watch my wings and hope that my pop and I dont get involved in a fight and end up either hurt or in jail or both.

All in all Id say Sharks fans are about 60-40 good bad maybe 70-30. Lower level fans are way cool, its the upper level guys that get drunk and come in groups on 10 billion that are problematic. Ive been to other venues for hockey and for other pro sports and SJ is one of the dicier places. Granted never been to Pittsburg, Philly or Montreal which I would guess are pretty gnarly as far as fan go so I dont have a complete yard stick in order to measure against.

Lets just say that Ive been to Kings vs Lakers games in Sacramento back in our heyday and it was no where near what it was like at HP poovillion.

Just my own experiences, maybe being a 6'6" guy sporting red in a rival building encourages it but it really shouldnt happen.

PS hope I dont get minuses for a personal experience.

Your post is quite a bit different than his.

You had a bad experience. It happens. 15,000+ fans.. there's bound to be a few rowdy ones everywhere you go. An ex of mine sporting my Shanahan jersey was s*** talked right in front of the police standing on Santa Clara St at the corner of that and Autumn (the street they were blocking off) and I had to hold her back. She didn't understand that the dude was drunk and of course we were enemies in their building. This is all rather tame to what happened to a cousin of mine in Anaheim, or even fellow 49ers fans in Oakland. The HP isn't bad at all, for hockey and music concerts alike.

Edited by Shoreline

Your post is quite a bit different than his.

You had a bad experience. It happens. 15,000+ fans.. there's bound to be a few rowdy ones everywhere you go. An ex of mine sporting my Shanahan jersey was s*** talked right in front of the police standing on Santa Clara St at the corner of that and Autumn (the street they were blocking off) and I had to hold her back. She didn't understand that the dude was drunk and of course we were enemies in their building. This is all rather tame to what happened to a cousin of mine in Anaheim, or even fellow 49ers fans in Oakland. The HP isn't bad at all, for hockey and music concerts alike.

Fair enough but it sounds to me like he may have been in a situation similar to mine and relayed it a bit different.

The thought that you were going to do a Chuck Norris on a group of 30 guys is laughable. I'll thrown down no doubt if necessary but youd have to be insane to figure that a group of 15-30 drunk guys is a beatable group. 30 nuns vs 5 guys are gonna have a really bad night.

As far as the crowds are concerned, Im sure you know the atmosphere on Santa Clara right after a game that the chokes win. I dont think its flukey at all, those guys are there everytime. Sore Winners I like to call them. Never a classy winner always like to want to punch it into you if its provoked. Its worse there than some other places. I think its pent up anger that they havent seen their team win for real. Maybe thats why Wings fans are chill, we win enough to keep us satisfied :cool:

So although Sleepwalker thinks hes Chuck Norris in reality hes a guy like me that has had some instigating things happen to him and he just is relaying them through is Last Action Hero mind.

Id like to add that the Guppies choked it AGAIN and proved that they are a horrible hockey club with no chance in hell of winning anytime soon. Hopefully these are the Red Sox of the NHL. Only take a lifetime to get 1 banner. I pray I am dead when they do it and I hope to live a long life LOL.

well this thread looks like its getting pretty heated.... anyway whats with the Tampa fans throwing all that s*** on the ice? Total bush league s*** there, though i guess for a lot of them its their first time ever at a hockey game so they probably dont know any better.

Goes both ways. Was at game 6...there was a singular guy in a Thonrton jersey goin down to smoke into a sea of red...now I'm for all the good natured ribbing ( and yeah he egged it on)...but I and my friend were both majorly embarrassed as he was walking up the stairs having lit cigarettes thrown at him. Thought we were above that.

(edit guess I can't spell)

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut

Who the hell ordered the confetti to be thrown on the ice. First time I ever saw it, made the players look like little old grannies walking around that crap. Not to mention what it will do to their high performance blades. Gillis ... that was idiotic!

The punch that led Kevin Bieksa to Canucks

May, 25, 2011

5:22 PM ET

By Pierre LeBrun

And to think, it was a punch in a Winnipeg parking lot that helped get playoff hero Kevin Bieksa his first pro contract with the Vancouver Canucks.

What, you say?

Enter former Canucks GM Brian Burke, who on Tuesday recounted to ESPN.com the story of Bieksa and the Canucks, which began in Winnipeg near the end of the 2003-04 season.

"He played his four years at Bowling Green. They were eliminated from the playoffs, and we brought him to Manitoba [AHL] on a PTO [professional tryout]," Burke said. "One night after a game in Winnipeg, in which I don't think he played, they went to a local establishment. Fedor Fedorov was sitting at a table and Bieksa walked by the table, bumped him by accident and spilled Fedorov's beer. Bieksa apologized and offered to buy another beer."

According to Burke, Fedorov was in no mood for the apology from the unknown rookie and challenged him to a fight outside. Bieksa again tried to defuse the situation, according to Burke, but Fedorov wanted to fight.

"So, they go outside. Fedor was a big guy, he was a lot bigger than his brother Sergei," said Burke. "Then Fedor comes in and Bieksa drills him with one punch. Knocks him stone cold and cut wide-open and leaves him lying on the pavement."

Burke said Bieksa figured he was done with the Canucks organization and would be sent home the next day.

"Send him home? I said, 'We're going to sign him tomorrow,'" said Burke, whose affinity for truculence is well-established.

Bieksa played 80 games with the Moose the following season before graduating to the Canucks in 2005-06.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/8493/the-punch-that-led-kevin-bieksa-to-canucks

I didn't hear the radio broadcast myself, but I just read on HF that Mike Gillis was on the Team 1040 a few minutes ago.

From a normally reliable poster:

Gillis just on 1040. The possibility of Malhotra playing has been upgraded from highly unlikely to "I have no idea" followed by a "never say never."

edit: One of the quotes just verified on Twitter by Matt Sekeres of the Team 1040

mattsekeres Matthew Sekeres

Canucks GM Mike Gillis "I have no idea" on whether Manny Malhotra could play in SC final.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Kesler, on being asked about his injury last game when he left the game for a few minutes:

"I felt fine. I remembered that I left the iron on and went to call my wife."

Well, I mean, with his top notch impersonations of Greg Louganis, how is anyone supposed to know if Kesler is actually hurt? Only God and Kesler himself know that. :hehe:

falling-skulls-diving-animated.gif

Well, I mean, with his top notch impersonations of Greg Louganis, how is anyone supposed to know if Kesler is actually hurt? Only God and Kesler himself know that. :hehe:

falling-skulls-diving-animated.gif

Give it up. You are becoming borderline obsessive with your Kesler hate.

Canuck GM Gillis cautiously optimistic Manny Malhotra can return for Cup final

By Jim Morris, The Canadian Press – 1 hour ago

VANCOUVER — The chances of Manny Malhotra returning to play in the Stanley Cup final have improved now that the Vancouver Canuck centre has been cleared for light contact in practice.

Mike Gillis, the Canucks' general manager, says there's cautious optimism that Malhotra, out since March 16 with a serious eye injury, might appear in the NHL final.

More: http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hGxyXKC69CvybA_YDcpWwAk0uKyA?docId=6977306