• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Jonathan Ericsson Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Grayne Wetzky

This guy is not the problem. The problem is the 35+ year olds that are SLOW, SOFT, and DON'T PRODUCE enough.

Holmstrom

Bertuzzi

Draper

Rafalski

Osgood

Ken Holland

These guys are the problem. The line-up should look like this going into next season:

Helm-Datsyuk-Cleary

Mursak-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Filppula-Abdelkader

Eaves-Miller-Ericsson

Emmerton-Tatar

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Kindl

Salei-Pyett

Lashoff

Howard

McCollum

But we're going to get more of the same. Don't get your hopes up for anything special in 2011-2012 playoffs.

This guy is not the problem. The problem is the 35+ year olds that are SLOW, SOFT, and DON'T PRODUCE enough.

Since he isn't 35 he gets a pass? Because, apart from that, Ericsson is everything you described and he isn't showing that he has any potential to improve.

Is "loathe" the new internet hot word? I seen it a lot lately in many different forums and posts around the internet.

Add one to Z as well. Without his f*** up the Sharks would have never gotten to 3 goals for.

LOL where are you from, good sir? :huh:

This is what I've been saying all year long. Jonathon Ericsson sucks donkey balls. He's slow. He's big, but he doesn't hit. He's below-average in the defensive zone and even worse in center ice and on offense. He constantly gives away the puck. He doesn't know how to dump the puck into the zone. He's afraid to shoot, and when he doesn't it's always a wimpy shot the couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Someone else said it best on this board:

Jonathon Ericsson is the world's largest traffic cone.

Yes, he is terrible. Has been on a considerable decline the entire since about November. He was very good at the beginning of the year but since has just disappointed. Last night, he hit an all time low blowing one of his biggest games. Him and Raf on that pair were just nauseating in their own end. Raf's contract seems like a joke, now. We need to be bold and let go of some of these "emotional" ties we have with players. They served their purpose, but it's time to start keeping up with the Joneses and get speed speed speed. Mursak makes this team next year, also. You heard it here first ;)

Yes, he is terrible. Has been on a considerable decline the entire since about November.

Yeah, I think the big thing with Ericsson was potential. We thought he had potential. He was young and HUGE. But I just haven't seen him improve at all, and in fact as you indicated, he's been on the decline.

Guest Crymson

This was a big contract year for Ericsson, and if he wasn't playing with an edge and using his size this year, then I doubt he ever will. I wonder if the guy has a severe anxiety problem or something.

Guest Heaten

I have a bad feeling he'll be re-signed.

Holland needs to re-sign Ericsson. He's been fine and kills penalties really well. He still scored 5 points in the playoffs and had 15 points and was a +8 in the regular season. Ericsson still has upside. I think $1.25 per year is a good deal for him.

Holland needs to re-sign Ericsson. He's been fine and kills penalties really well. He still scored 5 points in the playoffs and had 15 points and was a +8 in the regular season. Ericsson still has upside. I think $1.25 per year is a good deal for him.

Agreed. I try not to get into the debates because he's clearly the whipping boy here at LGW. But he's a fine #5 D man.

The Wings paid $1.1 mill for Salei this season, and E ended up playing more minutes than him, and for a while Salei was competing with Kindl for the number 6 spot. I don't know what people expect for a bottom pairing guy. Ericsson was dead last in the draft and is a converted forward. If he makes it as a solid #5 guy, that's a win for the Wings. If he developed into a #4 guy, I'd be ecstatic.

If the Wings can sign someone better, so be it. But if they do sign him for $1.25 mill, that's going to be hard to beat. He knows the system and he's a known quantity to the coaches.

I don't know how much more upside he has, but he did play a little more physical. He needs to improve there, and figure out how to get his slapshot off much, much quicker.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest Save The Octopus

With as much as Ericsson loves to pinch they should put him on the 3rd or 4th line and stick him in front of the net. At least this way he would be utilizing his size more often.

Although a few on this forum probably wish Id do what I said Id do earlier but I will seriously consider Draino down the gullet to watching Road Block, Traffic cone, Pileon aka a pathetic excuse for a D Man sport a Wings uni again.

Ericssucks and Sakei need a plane ticket to NOT IN HOCKEYTOWN,

Raffy aint that bad, he just needs someone to help him out on the blue line.

Heres to rebuilding our defensive lines in there entirety, unless it doesnt include Nick although Im not good at holdin gmy breath.

Although a few on this forum probably wish Id do what I said Id do earlier but I will seriously consider Draino down the gullet to watching Road Block, Traffic cone, Pileon aka a pathetic excuse for a D Man sport a Wings uni again.

Ericssucks and Sakei need a plane ticket to NOT IN HOCKEYTOWN,

Raffy aint that bad, he just needs someone to help him out on the blue line.

Heres to rebuilding our defensive lines in there entirety, unless it doesnt include Nick although Im not good at holdin gmy breath.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're drunk and hence have an overinflated sense of your comedic talents (spoiler: not funny).

Our top four D-men are solid. If you'd asked me a few days ago I would have said get rid of Salei and E, but I think Ericsson could use a little more time to get comfortable with playing D. Once that happens, there's a good chance we'll see more physicality out of him. Salei can go. Rafalski is killing us with that contract, but when he wants to be effective he generally can, so it's not the end of the world.

In summary: Not funny. Salei gone, Ericsson as #6, sign someone to play be #5.

Edited by stallion

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're drunk and hence have an overinflated sense of your comedic talents (spoiler: not funny).

Our top four D-men are solid. If you'd asked me a few days ago I would have said get rid of Salei and E, but I think Ericsson could use a little more time to get comfortable with playing D. Once that happens, there's a good chance we'll see more physicality out of him. Salei can go. Rafalski is killing us with that contract, but when he wants to be effective he generally can, so it's not the end of the world.

In summary: Not funny. Salei gone, Ericsson as #6, sign someone to play be #5.

Not trying to be funny I despise #52, He scored 1 time in the playoffs and was completely worthless in the regular season. He is a traffic hazard. Hes best at watching not playing and heaven forbid he does anything close to sacrificial like blocking a shot.

Hes soft on the boards, his lack of movement ends up setting picks on our own guys or screens Howie. He has cost us numerous games. Oh and how bout those blind drop passes he loves to do for a chasing forward FROM THE OTHER TEAM ?!?!?!

Hes had enough time to get comfortable and thank god hes a UFA.

Was it just me of did 80% of the time Erickson had the puck did he almost turn it over?

Well Ericsson led our defense with 70 giveaways through the full season and led the team with 14 in 11 games of the playoffs. He had 1 more blocked shot than KINDL at 37 for the whole regular season with almost double the amount of games played as Jakob.

How bout hits? Hes our biggest D man and had the least hits of any of our bangers.

Numbers dont lie 15 points NOT goals, POINTS in 74 games from a guy that averages 18+ minutes a game is horrid. The fact he doesnt help with anything else sticks a fork in it. Some teams have a D man that cant shoot but does other things well. Truthfully, WHAT DOES ERICSSON DO WELL????

Answer is nothing.

Holmstrom

Bertuzzi

Draper

Rafalski

Osgood

Ken Holland

These guys are the problem. The line-up should look like this going into next season:

Helm-Datsyuk-Cleary

Mursak-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Filppula-Abdelkader

Eaves-Miller-Ericsson

Emmerton-Tatar

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Kindl

Salei-Pyett

Lashoff

Howard

McCollum

But we're going to get more of the same. Don't get your hopes up for anything special in 2011-2012 playoffs.

So you like winning 30 games a year? Because that's about how many you'd win with that lineup.

YOU HAVE HELM ON THE FIRST LINE WING.

Please for the love of god stay away from anything that's anywhere close to coaching or being a GM. You'd be absolutely terrible at it.