• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

Is "loathe" the new internet hot word? I seen it a lot lately in many different forums and posts around the internet.

Add one to Z as well. Without his f*** up the Sharks would have never gotten to 3 goals for.

Errr....

#22 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

I have a bad feeling he'll be re-signed.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

Well... at least he doesn't make 3mil and concuss one of our hardest worker players while bringing nothing to the table. Ericsson makes 1mil and brings nothing to the table. Hopefully both are gone next season so we have 4mil to spend on some useful players.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

That is my fear as well.

#25 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

Me too. It helps sometimes to tell yourself that the Wings wouldn't keep him around unless they really believed that he can help this team.

#26 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

If they resign him...fark. I understand loyalty to Ozzie, Drapes, etc., and not only do I understand, but I appreciate it. Ericsson, however...no. You are SO replaceable right now, buddy.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#27 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

This guy is not the problem. The problem is the 35+ year olds that are SLOW, SOFT, and DON'T PRODUCE enough.

Holmstrom
Bertuzzi
Draper
Rafalski
Osgood
Ken Holland

These guys are the problem. The line-up should look like this going into next season:

Helm-Datsyuk-Cleary
Mursak-Zetterberg-Franzen
Hudler-Filppula-Abdelkader
Eaves-Miller-Ericsson

Emmerton-Tatar

Lidstrom-Stuart
Kronwall-Kindl
Salei-Pyett

Lashoff

Howard
McCollum

But we're going to get more of the same. Don't get your hopes up for anything special in 2011-2012 playoffs.

#28 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

Ken Holland

You think they should replace Ken Holland?

#29 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

This guy is not the problem. The problem is the 35+ year olds that are SLOW, SOFT, and DON'T PRODUCE enough.

Since he isn't 35 he gets a pass? Because, apart from that, Ericsson is everything you described and he isn't showing that he has any potential to improve.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#30 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

Hope the big dummy isnt re-signed. Him and Hudler can go to Russia have fun with hookers and snort some blow.

#NOMOREKINDL

#31 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

Is "loathe" the new internet hot word? I seen it a lot lately in many different forums and posts around the internet.

Add one to Z as well. Without his f*** up the Sharks would have never gotten to 3 goals for.

LOL where are you from, good sir? :huh:

#32 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

It was painful to watch him out there against the likes of Thornton. One of the keys to the series for me was our bottom 3 defencemen
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#33 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

Poor Jonny Boy. I remember when everybody was so excited about him just a few years ago. "Finally the Wings got a dman with size and puck moving ability!" Babcock hyped him up even more and said he plays like Pronger. Ah the good 'ol days.

#34 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

This is what I've been saying all year long. Jonathon Ericsson sucks donkey balls. He's slow. He's big, but he doesn't hit. He's below-average in the defensive zone and even worse in center ice and on offense. He constantly gives away the puck. He doesn't know how to dump the puck into the zone. He's afraid to shoot, and when he doesn't it's always a wimpy shot the couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Someone else said it best on this board:

Jonathon Ericsson is the world's largest traffic cone.

#35 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

Yes, he is terrible. Has been on a considerable decline the entire since about November. He was very good at the beginning of the year but since has just disappointed. Last night, he hit an all time low blowing one of his biggest games. Him and Raf on that pair were just nauseating in their own end. Raf's contract seems like a joke, now. We need to be bold and let go of some of these "emotional" ties we have with players. They served their purpose, but it's time to start keeping up with the Joneses and get speed speed speed. Mursak makes this team next year, also. You heard it here first ;)
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#36 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

Yes, he is terrible. Has been on a considerable decline the entire since about November.

Yeah, I think the big thing with Ericsson was potential. We thought he had potential. He was young and HUGE. But I just haven't seen him improve at all, and in fact as you indicated, he's been on the decline.

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

This was a big contract year for Ericsson, and if he wasn't playing with an edge and using his size this year, then I doubt he ever will. I wonder if the guy has a severe anxiety problem or something.

#38 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

Yeah I agree, based upon his play and hints from Babcock, I think Ericssons big problem is between his ears.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#39 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Holland needs to re-sign Ericsson. He's been fine and kills penalties really well. He still scored 5 points in the playoffs and had 15 points and was a +8 in the regular season. Ericsson still has upside. I think $1.25 per year is a good deal for him.

#40 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Holland needs to re-sign Ericsson. He's been fine and kills penalties really well. He still scored 5 points in the playoffs and had 15 points and was a +8 in the regular season. Ericsson still has upside. I think $1.25 per year is a good deal for him.

Agreed. I try not to get into the debates because he's clearly the whipping boy here at LGW. But he's a fine #5 D man.

The Wings paid $1.1 mill for Salei this season, and E ended up playing more minutes than him, and for a while Salei was competing with Kindl for the number 6 spot. I don't know what people expect for a bottom pairing guy. Ericsson was dead last in the draft and is a converted forward. If he makes it as a solid #5 guy, that's a win for the Wings. If he developed into a #4 guy, I'd be ecstatic.

If the Wings can sign someone better, so be it. But if they do sign him for $1.25 mill, that's going to be hard to beat. He knows the system and he's a known quantity to the coaches.

I don't know how much more upside he has, but he did play a little more physical. He needs to improve there, and figure out how to get his slapshot off much, much quicker.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 13 May 2011 - 06:20 PM.