• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#81 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

I'm not impressed with Erisccon nor the fact that he turned down a deal reported to be worth $2 million a year...Has he been sipping the same Kool-Aid as Anson Carter did?

I've only seen an mlive article make offhanded mention of that deal. My question is when did this happen? what was the term?? Details have been so sketchy on what should have been a pretty big deal.

I guess those are several questions, but you get the point. He's a fool if it was just about the dollar amount. Maybe it was term. And even then I don't know who would be on what side of wanting longer or shorter term. I wouldn't want the Wings locking E up for more than 2 or 3 years because it still remains to be seen where his play will level off at. He's only had 2 seasons in the NHL. One was craptacular, one was much better, but still very much up and down.

If I had to guess I'd hope it'd be that the Wings only wanted to offer Ericsson a two year deal and he wanted longer, but who knows...

IF he wants more than 2, let him walk and bring someone else in. I'm sure LGW can find another #5 Dman to blame for all the team's woes. :P

#82 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

I'm sure LGW can find another #5 Dman to blame for all the team's woes. :P

Posted Image Goodness, harold. The guy can play hockey, just hopefully not here. Are we happy?
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#83 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

IF he wants more than 2, let him walk and bring someone else in. I'm sure LGW can find another #5 Dman to blame for all the team's woes. :P

All the team's woes?

Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Salei take a looooot of hits.

#84 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

I'm sure LGW can find another #5 Dman to blame for all the team's woes. :P

Hudler is moving to defense?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#85 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

I'm still trying to let go of Robert Lang, I can't handle another whipping boy.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#86 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

Hudler is moving to defense?

Nobody ever blamed him for the team's woes, though your fixation on him may have led you to think otherwise. People did, however, often--rightly--say that he sucked at many points of the season and in the playoffs.

#87 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:06 AM

Nobody ever blamed him for the team's woes, though your fixation on him may have led you to think otherwise. People did, however, often--rightly--say that he sucked at many points of the season and in the playoffs.

Bingo.
50% of the time, Ericsson was a perfectly capable 5-6 defenseman - the rest of the time he played like a 7-10. Too inconsistent for the RED WINGS.
Bring your game to Long Island E. I'm sure they'd looove to have you.
RIP #24

#88 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

Ericsson REALLY sucks.

#89 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

I hope for a sign and trade. E and Hudler for Bogo! do it damn it.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#90 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

I hope for a sign and trade. E and Hudler for Bogo! do it damn it.

Not even a square deal anymore, my friend. We missed our chance during his 11 game binge :lol:
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#91 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:30 AM

Not even a square deal anymore, my friend. We missed our chance during his 11 game binge :lol:

Was it ever confirmed that said deal was on the table?

#92 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

A couple of Swedish fans on hfboards posted this article about Ericsson:

http://www.nt.se/nyh...ticleid=6837553

I'm relying on google translator, but according to it and them, Ericsson has not even started negotiating with Holland on his contract.

I do not get it. I have received lots of sms from friends at home about this, but we have not even started negotiating yet. I had a personal meeting with Ken Holland (general manager) yesterday and he would contact my agent at the beginning of June. Is everything that has happened, "says Jonathan Ericsson for NT port.

"It's no secret that I could get paid more in another club, but I want to be here. I want to play a better team with the chance to win something, "he says.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 22 May 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#93 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

Was it ever confirmed that said deal was on the table?

Holland squashed that rumor in the 'Holland Interview' thread (3 part video), he said it never happened and it was just a [bogus] rumor. I really hope Holland re-signs Ericsson. UFA signings gaurentee nothing (Krupp, Hatcher, Whitney, anyone?). Atleast with Ericsson you know what you are getting... and he will continue to improve. He's only 2 seasons in.... Even Jiri Fischer was underwhelming his first couple of season (even paired with a younger Chelios). How people forget that Jiri Fischer was the 'LGWs' official whipping when "he didn't live up to the hype" two seasons in.

Ericsson is fine. Get-r-done, Kenny!

#94 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

Holland squashed that rumor in the 'Holland Interview' thread (3 part video), he said it never happened and it was just a [bogus] rumor. I really hope Holland re-signs Ericsson. UFA signings gaurentee nothing (Krupp, Hatcher, Whitney, anyone?). Atleast with Ericsson you know what you are getting... and he will continue to improve. He's only 2 seasons in.... Even Jiri Fischer was underwhelming his first couple of season (even paired with a younger Chelios). How people forget that Jiri Fischer was the 'LGWs' official whipping when "he didn't live up to the hype" two seasons in.

Fisher made mistakes, but he played with an edge and most certainly used his size. Ericsson is a floater.

#95 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

I just opened this thread for the first time...
Is this the Ericsson trade/UFA rumor thread? :ph34r:

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#96 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

Fischer had much more potential than Ericsson does though. Jiri played with an edge, and was more skilled too. He just couldn't seem to get it together for a couple seasons. Sadly, the year he ended up having the heart incident was when it looked like he was finally putting it all together.

People also forget that Lillypads was the whipping boy here for his first couple seasons on the Wings. Soft, slow, not physical, terrible turnovers. Then he simplified his game and became a solid shot blocker and PKer, and an occasional (though terrible) fighter.

#97 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Fischer had much more potential than Ericsson does though. Jiri played with an edge, and was more skilled too. He just couldn't seem to get it together for a couple seasons. Sadly, the year he ended up having the heart incident was when it looked like he was finally putting it all together.

People also forget that Lillypads was the whipping boy here for his first couple seasons on the Wings. Soft, slow, not physical, terrible turnovers. Then he simplified his game and became a solid shot blocker and PKer, and an occasional (though terrible) fighter.

Absence made the heart grow fonder in Lilja's case. He was responsible for some monumental screw-ups in his time with the Wings. He had a decent season in '08-'09 before getting his face pounded in. That's about it.

#98 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

Fisher made mistakes, but he played with an edge and most certainly used his size. Ericsson is a floater.

Fischer was LGWs whipping boy. Nearly everyone on the forum was giving up on him after his first two seasons in, people were pissed at Red Wings org for wasting a first rounder on the "bum" and wanted to trade him... Wish there was a way to pull up old threads on here.

I'm not saying Ericsson is the next Fischer, or even comparable players in terms ofstyle, I am simply pointing out how crazy (and ridiculously impatient) fans are. Ericsson still has plenty of untapped potential just as Jiri Fischer did.

Clearly Babcock, Holland and other brilliant hockey minds in the org see a lot of potential in Ericsson, just as they did with Jiri Fischer.

#99 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I'm fine with Ericsson being re-signed, but it shouldn't be for the numbers that have been lobbed about.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#100 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

Fischer was LGWs whipping boy. Nearly everyone on the forum was giving up on him after his first two seasons in, people were pissed at Red Wings org for wasting a first rounder on the "bum" and wanted to trade him... Wish there was a way to pull up old threads on here.

I'm not saying Ericsson is the next Fischer, or even comparable players in terms ofstyle, I am simply pointing out how crazy (and ridiculously impatient) fans are. Ericsson still has plenty of untapped potential just as Jiri Fischer did.

Clearly Babcock, Holland and other brilliant hockey minds in the org see a lot of potential in Ericsson, just as they did with Jiri Fischer.

Fischer was often clumsy, yes. But he was also physical and intimidating. Ericsson is merely clumsy.