• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Bertuzzi and Cleary

Rate this topic

Little did Babcock know that the penalty for putting hudler in the lineup were friendly-fire concussions taking out an important foward better than hudler.

Edited by Rock

Do we know how bad the concussions are? Should we expect them to be back at the start of next season?

Unless either of them had legally changed their names to Sid the ***** i'd for see them being just fine by the time game 1 of the regular season 2011-2012. Can anyone call Mario Lemieux to check their status? I keed I keed. rolleyes.gif

Red Wings' Danny Cleary cleared from concussion, but Todd Bertuzzi still feeling effects.

"I met with Dan for an hour this morning -- he looks great, feels great," general manager Ken Holland said Tuesday. "If we were playing today, he could play."

Cleary suffered the concussion last Thursday during a collision with teammate Jiri Hudler, who caught Cleary in the face with an elbow. Bertuzzi was hurt during a collision with Sharks forward Dany Heatley.

"Todd is getting better every day, but he's not quite over the effects of it yet," Holland said.

Cleary told the Free Press he was relieved his ordeal was over so quickly.

"I felt good the last two days," he said. "It's a scary situation anytime you deal with the head. I'm glad that I didn't have any symptoms that continued to linger. I look forward to a great summer of training hard and preparing for next season."

http://www.freep.com/article/20110518/SPORTS05/105180412/Red-Wings-Danny-Cleary-cleared-from-concussion-Todd-Bertuzzi-still-feeling-effects

That's great news. I am not worried about Bert, he has quite a bit of time to get back to playing shape and clear his head. We all knew Clears is an animal and would be ready to go here soon if he needed to be. Shall be ready for #11 to come back and have another solid season for us.

This actually makes me feel worse. Ending the series with the notion that Bert and Cleary were done for the playoffs provided at least a tad of "hey, we'd be royally screwed if we were to advance to the next round anyway." Seeing Cleary good to go one game into the series just makes me beg the question so much more...

'What if'.....