• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Berry

Changes in the offseason

Rate this topic

Let me say thank you to the Wings. They did a good job all season long and I'm proud to be a Wings fan!

This offseason we need some changes.

What do you think?

- Lids has to stay for one more season

- Mo, Drapes, Osgood, Salei have to go

- Keep Joey Mac, he was fine for me

- Try to sell Hudler or Filppula, 3 M can be better used (buyout?)

- Re-sign Miller, Eaves, Ericcson

- We have at least 6.5 M left (if the cap doesn't change)... who would you acquire?

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Next year's team is more of the same, I'm afraid. The person that needs to go is none other than KEN HOLLAND. This guy is crippling the Wings with all of his multi-year deals to Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Rafalski, Draper, etc. This team hasn't had a chance to get better recently because of the dead weight Holland seems to be infatuated with.

Get rid of hudler please. Ozzies time with the wings is over as well as draper I believe. Maybe we can get a more physical d man and dump selai??

Idk about filppula but if we could get someone bigger for him I'd be for that.

Trade Hudler for a reliable somewhat cheap third line center that has exellent faceoff skills, is big, physical, and can play a grind it out defensive game. (Someone similar to malholtra).

Run your forward lines as such..

Fil- Dats- Homer

Franzen- Z- Clears

Abby- (aquired center here)- Bert

Mursak-Helm-Eaves

Draper or Miller

This offseason we need some changes.

What do you think?

- Lids has to stay for one more season Absolutely

- Mo, Drapes, Osgood, Salei have to go Along with Hudler & Ericsson

- Keep Joey Mac, he was fine for me Nabokov

- Try to sell Hudler or Filppula, 3 M can be better used (buyout?) WHAT?! Filppula was fantastic

- Re-sign Miller, Eaves, Ericcson Eaves, definitely...Ericsson is the biggest plug in the league

- We have at least 6.5 M left (if the cap doesn't change)... who would you acquire? Pitkanen, Konopka & Tanguay

Guest stinky fish taco

I'm not so sure that Drapes and Ozzie have to go.

you are exactly what is wrong with red wings fans

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Trade Hudler for a reliable somewhat cheap third line center that has exellent faceoff skills, is big, physical, and can play a grind it out defensive game. (Someone similar to malholtra).

Run your forward lines as such..

Fil- Dats- Homer

Franzen- Z- Clears

Abby- (aquired center here)- Bert

Mursak-Helm-Eaves

Draper or Miller

I can't believe Holmstrom gets a free pass onto the first line from everyone on here. I don't see much value in him.

Get rid of Filppula? No way - that guy was the reason the Wings won game 6. Granted, i'd like to see his point totals closer to 50 per season, but what he does defensively and on the PP makes him worth 3.5 mil, especially in this league.

I don't know what to do about Salei. I wasn't impressed during the regular season, but I REALLY liked his game during the playoffs. Solid solid player, and he ate up a lot of valuable ice time. Then again, it might be time to let Kindl or even Brenden Smith step up.

I've always liked Ericsson but I don't know if its worth bringing him back for more than 1.5 mil. I'd hate to see him go to another team. I bet the Wings keep him.

What do you guys think about a guy like James Wisniewski? He makes the D a lot meaner, and he is only 27. Not sure what kind of money he would command, but he has decent numbers, a mean streak, and he's young (by Red Wing standards).

Anyways, it should be an interesting offseason. Looks like that was it for guys like Draper, Holmstrom, Modano, and Osgood.

Next year's team is more of the same, I'm afraid. The person that needs to go is none other than KEN HOLLAND. This guy is crippling the Wings with all of his multi-year deals to Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Rafalski, Draper, etc. This team hasn't had a chance to get better recently because of the dead weight Holland seems to be infatuated with.

Any guy who massacres the name of the greatest player of all time shouldn't be taken very seriously . Yea blame Holland, 100 pt seasons, 50 win seasons, Stanley Cups...I mean what the f*** is going on around here?

you are exactly what is wrong with red wings fans

The irony in that post is well....ironic coming from the biggest douch nozzle on these boards !

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Alex Tanguay ($1.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Michal Handzus ($4.000m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Tomas Tatar ($0.870m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.600m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Joni Pitkanen ($4.000m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,602,878; BONUSES: $210,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $797,122

Pipe dreams....i know :P hahaa

Get rid of Filppula? No way - that guy was the reason the Wings won game 6. Granted, i'd like to see his point totals closer to 50 per season, but what he does defensively and on the PP makes him worth 3.5 mil, especially in this league.

I don't know what to do about Salei. I wasn't impressed during the regular season, but I REALLY liked his game during the playoffs. Solid solid player, and he ate up a lot of valuable ice time. Then again, it might be time to let Kindl or even Brenden Smith step up.

I've always liked Ericsson but I don't know if its worth bringing him back for more than 1.5 mil. I'd hate to see him go to another team. I bet the Wings keep him.

What do you guys think about a guy like James Wisniewski? He makes the D a lot meaner, and he is only 27. Not sure what kind of money he would command, but he has decent numbers, a mean streak, and he's young (by Red Wing standards).

Anyways, it should be an interesting offseason. Looks like that was it for guys like Draper, Holmstrom, Modano, and Osgood.

I would keep Fippula without a doubt and hopes he can start preforming to his potential.

Wisniewski I like him and I think we need a fresh set of legs under him.

My thoughts with Lindstrom. If he wants to come back let him...

This might sound really crazy but if Nick retires we are going to need a new solid #1 D-man as I don't think any of our current players can fill the hole that will be left by Lidstrom.

If that's the case would anyone consider using Franzen with Hudler as trade bait?

Don't get me wrong I love the mule, but he is constantly injured and has been floating a lot more than he's been scoring since he signed that mega contract. If he keeps going the way he's going, that contract will be a bit of a burden. It's ridiculously long for someone who misses so many games through injury.

I doubt the Wings would ever trade him and even if we did, we'd probably need to go after another forward because he is such a big part of our depth.

Just a thought.

This might sound really crazy but if Nick retires we are going to need a new solid #1 D-man as I don't think any of our current players can fill the hole that will be left by Lidstrom.

If that's the case would anyone consider using Franzen with Hudler as trade bait?

Don't get me wrong I love the mule, but he is constantly injured and has been floating a lot more than he's been scoring since he signed that mega contract. If he keeps going the way he's going, that contract will be a bit of a burden. It's ridiculously long for someone who misses so many games through injury.

I doubt the Wings would ever trade him and even if we did, we'd probably need to go after another forward because he is such a big part of our depth.

Just a thought.

Really depends what you getting back? But this will never happen like 0% chance it is just not how the wings operate

Trade Hudler. Kick Ericsson down the street. Those would be the main two. Other than that, I feel like we could do better than Salei and Filppula. I really want to keep Filppula, but he did exactly what he always does: wakes up for a couple of games and then goes back to sleep. We just don't get to see the sleep part this time.

Draper and Osgood have earned the right to do whatever the F they want. As much as I think it's time for Ozzie to retire (and I really hate saying that), Detroit's known for its loyalty, and this is the part where he gets that gift and makes everybody else glad that they're playing for the Wings, too.

Pretty sure Mo's done, so I doubt we have to worry about that. Pretty sure Lids isn't done...or at least I want to believe that, so I'm not going to think about it at any rate. I WISH we could get rid of Rafalski...I'm not completely unhappy with him on the whole, but I AM unhappy with his play for the amount of money we pay him.

I don't know who to fill in...gotta think about that for a while. Bringing up Mursak would probably be a good start. I'd definitely like to add some size. EDIT: Wait, I meant physicality. We don't need any more "Big Rigs"; we need some tough suckers.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

I would keep Fippula without a doubt and hopes he can start preforming to his potential.

Wisniewski I like him and I think we need a fresh set of legs under him.

My thoughts with Lindstrom. If he wants to come back let him...

Yes i like wisniewski very mobile, ver physically and i like some of the offense he brings. He is a great #3 or #4 d-man

Get rid of Ericsson and Hudler. Ericsson had a goal in Game 5, awesome. Hudler... did what? Nothing.

Modano, Draper, Salei, Osgood ride off into the sunset. I will miss and love Ozzie and Drapes forever, but the time has come. Re-sign Lidstrom. Here's my thing, he's gotta take less money. While he was great both in the regular season, and playoffs, if he is committed to winning he realizes we need to have the money to add pieces to the team to put us over the top. Eaves I'd bring back as well, Miller, great guy but no, isnt the kind of grinder we need.

Filpulla-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Franzen

?-?-Cleary

Eaves-Helm-?

Mursak

Stuart-Lidstrom

Rafalski-?

Kronwall-?

3 forwards, 2 d-men. Dont really wanna go through the UFA lists right now, but a guy like Brooks Laich would be ideal for the 3rd line. Wisniewski would be nice on the backend as well, of the top of my head. Do I really believe any changes will be made? Not really, but I dont think the team as it is can win the Cup right now. But it is so close, a few pieces and we'll be the class of the league once again.