• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Berry

Changes in the offseason

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Ideally, Laich would be my top choice, but we all know Kenny isn't going to grossly overpay anyone. We all know he will be overpaid. TFP reported Edmonton could pursue him this summer. He's from Saskatchewan, maybe he'd like to play closer to home?

I don't think anyone wants to play in Edmonton. 'Tis a horrid place.

Guest Crymson

Do whatever it takes to get Webber

He's even taller and heavier than Chara, and he's got great hands, but I'm pretty sure he retired. There was also all that nastiness with that booster at the University of Michigan...

Edited by Crymson

Guest Hatethedrake!

He's even taller and heavier than Chara, and he's got great hands, but I'm pretty sure he retired. There was also all that nastiness with that booster at the University of Michigan...

Plus he calls time-outs when his team doesn't have any left. Stay away Kenny.

delorean.gif

Back to 2003 to draft him before Nashville! Get 'er done Kenny!

Los Angeles traded Matthieu Schneider to Detroit for Maxim Kuznetsov, Sean Avery, a 1st round pick in 2003 and a 2nd round pick in 2004.

You had a nice thought there, but he'd have to go a little further back and NOT make this trade...

Los Angeles traded Matthieu Schneider to Detroit for Maxim Kuznetsov, Sean Avery, a 1st round pick in 2003 and a 2nd round pick in 2004.

You had a nice thought there, but he'd have to go a little further back and NOT make this trade...

Touche, but don't forget, that's only from the snowball that is this!

Uwe Krupp

July 7, 1998: Signed as a free agent by Detroit, July 7, 1998.

He'd have to go back here first!

That still happened in 2003. Gimme a break. :hehe:

Guest Crymson

The idea that Holland would definitely have chosen Weber with that pick is ridiculous, as is the idea that he "traded away Mike Green" in the Lang deal.

Jokes on you guys, Weber was a second round pick.. :lol:

Jokes on you guys, Weber was a second round pick.. :lol:

Yes, but he was selected before Detroit picked in the second round, so Holland would have needed his first pick to select him....

OH and Crymson, the idea is knowing what we know now, Holland would use a time machine to go back and CHANGE history and draft Weber, since that is the only way he will be able to acquire him. Didn't you watch any of the movies? :lol:

Guest Hatethedrake!

Yes, but he was selected before Detroit picked in the second round, so Holland would have needed his first pick to select him....

OH and Crymson, the idea is knowing what we know now, Holland would use a time machine to go back and CHANGE history and draft Weber, since that is the only way he will be able to acquire him. Didn't you watch any of the movies? :lol:

Where is Chrostoper Lloyd when you need him? Back to the Future..."Kenny! The future! We have to go back to 2003

and draft Shea Weber! It could affect your whole team for the next 100 years!.:

Kenny: Uh uh ok Doc but what do we do next Doc?

Doc: Trade for Chris Webber Kenny!

Well now that Winnipeg is looking to be a lock, we should target their RFA's. Perhaps some of them may not want to stay now that the team is relocating and perhaps the team won't battle as hard to keep them if an offer sheet comes in.

Zach Bogosian - $3,375,000

Andrew Ladd - $2,350,000

Blake Wheeler - $2,200,000

Anthony Stewart - $632,500

I wouldn't mind picking off any of these guys. Most notably Bogo, but he may be one player that Winnipeg will not let go, of course. Adding in any of the listed forwards would be good for the Wings as I think they'd fit in nicely and add a little size, youthful enthusiasm, and scoring depth.

What do you think, folks?

Well now that Winnipeg is looking to be a lock, we should target their RFA's. Perhaps some of them may not want to stay now that the team is relocating and perhaps the team won't battle as hard to keep them if an offer sheet comes in.

Zach Bogosian - $3,375,000

Andrew Ladd - $2,350,000

Blake Wheeler - $2,200,000

Anthony Stewart - $632,500

I wouldn't mind picking off any of these guys. Most notably Bogo, but he may be one player that Winnipeg will not let go, of course. Adding in any of the listed forwards would be good for the Wings as I think they'd fit in nicely and add a little size, youthful enthusiasm, and scoring depth.

What do you think, folks?

Can we PLEASE drop this crap already - Kenny will not go after a RFA... this is a moot point.

furthermore, if anything, they're LESS likely to let their RFA's get away, since True North has deeper pockets and Manitoba is a better market, so this whole thought is beyond flawed on multiple levels...

How about signing Bieksa or Wisniewski to shore up Rafalski's hole on D (both right handed shooters and point men on PP) and pursuing Brooks Laich or Andrew Ladd as a much needed addition to the top forward lines. Both Bieksa and Wiz make around 3.5 mil now and would want a raise, Laich and Ladd both make around 2.5 mil and would want a raise as well. All told, I think we could sign one of the defenseman and one forward for around 7 million, which is offset by Rafalski and Modano's contracts coming off the books. The team would look something like this (not married to these line combos but have to make due with what we've got considering the old guys are under contract and nobody is going to trade for Homer or Bertuzzi at this stage of the game).

Zetterberg - Datysuk - Homer

Ladd/Laich - Filpulla - Franzen

Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Cleary

Eaves - Helm - Miller/Draper/Mursak

Lidstrom - Stuart

Kronwall - Wisniewski/Bieksa

Kindl - Ericsson

Can we PLEASE drop this crap already - Kenny will not go after a RFA... this is a moot point.

furthermore, if anything, they're LESS likely to let their RFA's get away, since True North has deeper pockets and Manitoba is a better market, so this whole thought is beyond flawed on multiple levels...

Hey if I wanted to sit here and state completely realistic possibilities, it would make for a very boring discussion, so why don't you take your pessimistic sensibilities and go annoy some other people.

Hey if I wanted to sit here and state completely realistic possibilities, it would make for a very boring discussion, so why don't you take your pessimistic sensibilities and go annoy some other people.

It's not unrealistic to think that we could send offer sheets on low end RFA's, but it is unrealistic to think we could do it for someone like Weber.

Edited by kipwinger

On the other hand, I find unrealistic possibilities extremely boring as they will never come to fruition, so take your optimism and annoy some other people.

On the other hand, I find unrealistic possibilities extremely boring as they will never come to fruition, so take your optimism and annoy some other people.

Anything is possible... some people seem to forget this. Has Holland had any interest in doing this thus far? No. Certainly, certain circumstances could arise that make this kind of move a possibility for ANY team. Losing Rafalski and possibly losing Lidstrom also, are such circumstances. If you think, given these scenarios, that sending an offer sheet to an RFA is impossible/improbable, then you may need to check your head.

I think the vast majority here would agree with me...

also realism ≠ pessimism

There are plenty of UFA and trade options to discuss, so why dilute realistic discussions with impossible scenarios?

Well were at it, lets discuss the option of trading Howard for Ryan Miller straight up... come on now... :rolleyes:

Anything is possible... some people seem to forget this. Has Holland had any interest in doing this thus far? No. Certainly, certain circumstances could arise that make this kind of move a possibility for ANY team. Losing Rafalski and possibly losing Lidstrom also, are such circumstances. If you think, given these scenarios, that sending an offer sheet to an RFA is impossible/improbable, then you may need to check your head.

yeah, lets not let something as silly as facts get in the way...

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/05/red_wings_ken_holland_not_apt.html

point. set. match.

So Holland says he's not going to be stupid and waste vital assets on RFAs. The GMs of said RFAs say they'll match any and all offers. Yet, the realists on LGW are the ones who need to check their heads?