• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Berry

Changes in the offseason

Rate this topic

Would you guys be OK with this team next season.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Erik Cole ($3.300m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Joni Pitkanen ($4.300m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.200m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($1.116m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,675,377; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $724,623

Would you guys be OK with this team next season.

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Erik Cole ($3.300m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Joni Pitkanen ($4.300m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.200m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($1.116m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,675,377; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $724,623

We'd be fine with that team. But how do you figure Cole will only take a 100K salary cap increase after having one of his best seasons and testing the FA market for the first time in his career? He'll be in the 4mil range. Pitkanen makes 4.5mil (4mil cap hit), why would he take less of a salary to come here and play while testing the waters in a crappy year for high end defensmen? He's going to get 5.5mil, or around there, maybe more.

I like your team, just not the numbers you came up with. Plus, Eaves just finished with 13 goals and you expect him to take near the league minimum and not ask for a raise?

We'd be fine with that team. But how do you figure Cole will only take a 100K salary cap increase after having one of his best seasons and testing the FA market for the first time in his career? He'll be in the 4mil range. Pitkanen makes 4.5mil (4mil cap hit), why would he take less of a salary to come here and play while testing the waters in a crappy year for high end defensmen? He's going to get 5.5mil, or around there, maybe more.

I like your team, just not the numbers you came up with. Plus, Eaves just finished with 13 goals and you expect him to take near the league minimum and not ask for a raise?

Yes to Cole, no to Pitkanen, and Jiri Hudler isn't a checker or a very good skater for that matter. Might as well re-sign Miller and figure out something else with Jiri, he doesn't belong on the fourth line.

Any Dan Cleary/Patrick Eaves reclamation projects out there but for defensemen?

Obviously not as a Rafi replacement but rather someone to solidify the 3rd pairing.

You don't replace a top four defenseman with a reclaimation project. Established defenseman take the place of established defenseman. You take the risks on your sixth or if your team carried seven, then your seventh defenseman. We're going to have to spend money on defense folks.

You don't replace a top four defenseman with a reclaimation project. Established defenseman take the place of established defenseman. You take the risks on your sixth or if your team carried seven, then your seventh defenseman. We're going to have to spend money on defense folks.

I used the Dan Cleary/Patrick Eaves examples not so much as guys who will come cheap but rather guys will come in with the energy of something to prove.

I used the Dan Cleary/Patrick Eaves examples not so much as guys who will come cheap but rather guys will come in with the energy of something to prove.

Still, whoever you get has to be top four quality, with good offensive skill, can play the point on the PP, and can play about 22-23 minutes a night because that's what you lost in Rafalski. Anything else and you haven't gained anything. There are four or five guys out there right now that can do that, but we're going to have to pay a good amount for them.

Well, I DO hope Hudler is traded at the draft or before the season starts...I guess he could hang around to prove his worth, but even if he plays better this year, he will be the one going in a package at the trade deadline when Holland acquires his REAL top 6 forward...preferably he goes a the draft...

anywho, how would you guys feel if Holland added three UFA D-Men along with re-signing Lidstrom? Let's say something like:

Lidstrom - Stuart

Kronwall - Wisniewski

Babchuk - Jovo

Kindl

or skip one UFA from the outside and re-sign Ericsson...

I have no problem with Ericsson as long as Holland doesn't overpay by too much. (just cause we have the cap space, doesn't mean we should overpay) Then I am gonna hold out hope and cross my fingers for Tanguay, Jokinen or maybe Cole...I know that is a lot of changes, and just like I would hate to overpay just to spend the cap, I would hate to spend it just cause we have it, although saving too much seems to be a waste...

I am still not sure if a team can carry 14 forwards and 7 D for a total of 23 players (with goalies) or is 22 the max? If 23 is possible then I would like to see:

Tanguay - Datsyuk - Filppula

Jokinen - Zetterberg - Franzen

Bertuzzi - Helm - Eaves

Cleary - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

Mursak/Miller

Defense see above....

Howard

Whoever...

Well, I DO hope Hudler is traded at the draft or before the season starts...I guess he could hang around to prove his worth, but even if he plays better this year, he will be the one going in a package at the trade deadline when Holland acquires his REAL top 6 forward...preferably he goes a the draft...

anywho, how would you guys feel if Holland added three UFA D-Men along with re-signing Lidstrom? Let's say something like:

Lidstrom - Stuart

Kronwall - Wisniewski

Babchuk - Jovo

Kindl

or skip one UFA from the outside and re-sign Ericsson...

I have no problem with Ericsson as long as Holland doesn't overpay by too much. (just cause we have the cap space, doesn't mean we should overpay) Then I am gonna hold out hope and cross my fingers for Tanguay, Jokinen or maybe Cole...I know that is a lot of changes, and just like I would hate to overpay just to spend the cap, I would hate to spend it just cause we have it, although saving too much seems to be a waste...

I am still not sure if a team can carry 14 forwards and 7 D for a total of 23 players (with goalies) or is 22 the max? If 23 is possible then I would like to see:

Tanguay - Datsyuk - Filppula

Jokinen - Zetterberg - Franzen

Bertuzzi - Helm - Eaves

Cleary - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

Mursak/Miller

Defense see above....

Howard

Whoever...

23 is the max active roster.

I think you're stretching. Wis, Babchuk, Jovo, Tanguay, and Jokinen? I think you'd need a cap of $64-66M for that roster.

Wis could go 4.5-5 (maybe a little more)

Babs and Jovo around 2.5 (maybe more for Jovo, but I wouldn't pay it)

Tanguay and Joki around 3.5 (or more)

Nick around 6

Backup goalie plus Eaves and Miller with small raises around 2.5

I already stated that Kronwall's raise was covered by Lidstrom retiring.

Helm is an RFA, Hudler is a UFA. That makes Hudler's a million times more dangerous because the Wings can take Helm to arbitration if they don't get him signed. Helm will get a deal in arbitration that makes him a UFA, so the Wings WILL take him to arbitration if it comes to that. Helm will not be signing an offer sheet, so I don't know what you are concerned about. If Helm makes it to the RFA period in the summer of 2012, Holland f***ed up. Plain and simple.

I admit I missed the part about Kronwall's raise being covered, but you missed the point on Helm.

I wasn't suggesting an offer sheet was a concern. More a concern is that at the rate he's developed and turned himself into such an important part of the team, he could easily jump up to a ~$2.5M contract, even if his offense doesn't improve. If he happens to increase his offense into the 40+ point realm, he could go over $3M. The Wing's won't insult him by playing hardball just because he's an RFA.

Hudler, even if he does score 60, isn't likely to earn much of a raise. Frankly, I'd say it's more likely he won't be offered a contract at all than he gets an offer over $3.5M.

23 is the max active roster.

I think you're stretching. Wis, Babchuk, Jovo, Tanguay, and Jokinen? I think you'd need a cap of $64-66M for that roster.

Wis could go 4.5-5 (maybe a little more)

Babs and Jovo around 2.5 (maybe more for Jovo, but I wouldn't pay it)

Tanguay and Joki around 3.5 (or more)

Nick around 6

Backup goalie plus Eaves and Miller with small raises around 2.5

Ya, that is a lot of new faces and a good amount of salary....but I question that it wouldn't work for the $62.3M cap...are you saying Tanguay and Jokinen $3.5M each? or together? same question for babs and Jovo? I hope you aren't suggesting Tanguay will get $3.5 after making only $1.7 last season. Same salary Jokinen made, $1.7M... I question though if Jovo would take a huge paycut, folks are suggesting $1.5M to $2.5M, but he made over $6M last year, do you think he would sign that cheap somewhere? For me, Jovo is neither here nor there... I can see Wiz at $4.5M ad definately Nick at $6M, and I agree with you on Miller/Eaves/Goalie... $2.5M seems fair...

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alex Tanguay ($2.300m)

Jussi Jokinen ($2.300m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Drew Miller ($0.850m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

James Wisniewski ($4.500m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m)

Anton Babchuk ($1.900m) / Ed Jovanovski ($2.500m) ( or Ericsson @ same price or lower)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.875m) (not saying Ty for sure, just added a random goalie under a million)

SALARY CAP: $62,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,658,711; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,641,289

of course this requires Hudler to be traded, but if Holland wants to give him one more chance then remove one of Tanguay or Jokinen... Like I said Jovo is neither here nor there, not even sure he'd sign for that little, but maybe Holland could convice Ericsson to stay 1 year for $2.5M (although I don't think he is worth it, so maybe he would sign for $1.8M or so....) My combined total on Miller/Eaves/Conklin is just over $2.6M...and I really don't think Holland would give Eaves more than Helm, but I put that number in just to give him a raise. He may only go up to $850,000, but whatever, that just gives it a little more cap room then...

It's a lot of change, therefore it realistically won't happen, but theoretically and financially you could... with still some cap space for injury call ups...

I admit I missed the part about Kronwall's raise being covered, but you missed the point on Helm.

I wasn't suggesting an offer sheet was a concern. More a concern is that at the rate he's developed and turned himself into such an important part of the team, he could easily jump up to a ~$2.5M contract, even if his offense doesn't improve. If he happens to increase his offense into the 40+ point realm, he could go over $3M. The Wing's won't insult him by playing hardball just because he's an RFA.

Hudler, even if he does score 60, isn't likely to earn much of a raise. Frankly, I'd say it's more likely he won't be offered a contract at all than he gets an offer over $3.5M.

If Hudler stays for another year, let him walk as a UFA and give Helm his salary...He's earned it...

Edited by LeftWinger

Ya, that is a lot of new faces and a good amount of salary....but I question that it wouldn't work for the $62.3M cap...are you saying Tanguay and Jokinen $3.5M each? or together? same question for babs and Jovo? I hope you aren't suggesting Tanguay will get $3.5 after making only $1.7 last season. Same salary Jokinen made, $1.7M... I question though if Jovo would take a huge paycut, folks are suggesting $1.5M to $2.5M, but he made over $6M last year, do you think he would sign that cheap somewhere? For me, Jovo is neither here nor there... I can see Wiz at $4.5M ad definately Nick at $6M, and I agree with you on Miller/Eaves/Goalie... $2.5M seems fair...

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Anton Babchuk ($1.900m) / Ed Jovanovski ($2.500m) ( or Ericsson @ same price)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.875m) (not saying Ty for sure, just added a random goalie under a million)

of course this requires Hudler to be traded, but if Holland wants to give him one more chance then remove one of Tanguay or Jokinen... Like I said Jovo is neither here nor there, not even sure he'd sign for that little, but maybe Holland could convice Ericsson to stay 1 year for $2.5M. My combined total on Miller/Eaves/Conklin is just over $2.6M...and I really don't think Holland would give Eaves more than Helm, but I put that number in just to give him a raise. He may only go up to $850,000, but whatever, that just gives it a little more cap room then...

It's a lot of change, therefore it realistically won't happen, but theoretically and financially you could... with still some cap space for injury call ups...

Previous cap hit means little next to performance. Tanguay was making over $5M a couple years ago, and had a re-emergent season. Jokinen was down a little this year, but scored 30g/65p the previous year. $3.5 is a fair price for either. $2.3 is incredibly optimistic. $1.9 is pretty low for Babchuk too.

Previous cap hit means little next to performance. Tanguay was making over $5M a couple years ago, and had a re-emergent season. Jokinen was down a little this year, but scored 30g/65p the previous year. $3.5 is a fair price for either. $2.3 is incredibly optimistic. $1.9 is pretty low for Babchuk too.

Well, that is all I can go by...Babchuk made $1.4M I figured for his stats a $500,000 raise would suffice, but I guess it all depends on the market... True for Tanguay, he did make $2.5 two years ago, that's fine, I'd have to choose one or the other for about $3-$3.5. It's all fantasy anyhow, I think if Holland just did as little as sign Wiz, I would be happy...

This would be nice too, if we had to keep Hudler around and just re-signed most of our own UFA's...

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alex Tanguay ($3.500m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Ruslan Salei ($1.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.500m) <---I still don't like Ericsson at $2.5

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Joey MacDonald ($0.750m)

SALARY CAP: $62,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,408,711; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $891,288

Guest Crymson

Babchuck is a ******, the sort of ****** that Ken Holland doesn't sign. Forget about him.

I mentioned this in another thread, but trade Hudler to NYR for Wolski, there has been talk of his last year getting bought out anyway. Sign Wiz at $4mil, re-sign Lidstrom at his current price, re-sign Eaves at a modest raise (as Holland has said he wants to do) re-sign Osgood and Draper to cheaper 1 year deals, and add a 5/6 D-man for less than 2mil (I used Anton Babchuk for arguments sake, don't really have a preference, but someone to take Ericsson's place) and voila, I give you my 2011-12 Detroit Red Wings:

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Patrick Eaves ($0.900m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Kris Draper ($1.000m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / James Wisniewski ($4.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Anton Babchuk ($1.750m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($1.000m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,179,544; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,220,456

Edited by McAwesome

Well, that is all I can go by...Babchuk made $1.4M I figured for his stats a $500,000 raise would suffice, but I guess it all depends on the market... True for Tanguay, he did make $2.5 two years ago, that's fine, I'd have to choose one or the other for about $3-$3.5. It's all fantasy anyhow, I think if Holland just did as little as sign Wiz, I would be happy...

This would be nice too, if we had to keep Hudler around and just re-signed most of our own UFA's...

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alex Tanguay ($3.500m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Ruslan Salei ($1.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.500m) <---I still don't like Ericsson at $2.5

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Joey MacDonald ($0.750m)

SALARY CAP: $62,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,408,711; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $891,288

Swap Cleary and Eaves; they're similar players but Danny is clearly the better player. Alternatively, you could swap Cleary and Bertuzzi. That second option also takes away the "leftovers" feel of the fourth line. As for Ericsson... I think I would really, seriously rather have Derek Meech or Doug Janik. Ericsson's potential is better than theirs, but it shocks me for him to seriously be considered a top-four level defenseman while guys like Meech and Janik have trouble getting in the top 7.

I feel like we've been saying that about Hudler Filppula for the last 3 seasons. This is a contract year though, so now or never for Huds.

Fixed it for ya.

As for a breakout season... Hudler scored 57 points from the third line in 08-09, remember? More points than Franzen scored this season and only two shy of Franzen's career best, which was posted the same season. Franzen, however, played 38% of his ES time with Zetterberg, 31% with Datsyuk, and about 18% with Hossa. This came while Hudler spent most of his time with Filppula, Samuelsson, Draper, Helm, and Kopecky.

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Jussi Jokinen ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Drew Miller ($0.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.250m)

Joni Pitkanen ($5.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Derek Meech ($0.750m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Brian Boucher ($1.250m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,221,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $178,789

If Lidstrom retires this is one of my fantasy scenarios. The others involve signing Selanne, Leino and Sami Salo. xD

Anton Babchuk ($1.900m) / Ed Jovanovski ($2.500m) ( or Ericsson @ same price or lower)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

of course this requires Hudler to be traded, but if Holland wants to give him one more chance then remove one of Tanguay or Jokinen... Like I said Jovo is neither here nor there, not even sure he'd sign for that little, but maybe Holland could convice Ericsson to stay 1 year for $2.5M (although I don't think he is worth it, so maybe he would sign for $1.8M or so....) My combined total on Miller/Eaves/Conklin is just over $2.6M...and I really don't think Holland would give Eaves more than Helm, but I put that number in just to give him a raise. He may only go up to $850,000, but whatever, that just gives it a little more cap room then...

You're getting dangerously close to blueadams status with the line combos. Id watch it if I were you.

Guest Crymson

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Jussi Jokinen ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Drew Miller ($0.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.250m)

Joni Pitkanen ($5.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Derek Meech ($0.750m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Brian Boucher ($1.250m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,221,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $178,789

If Lidstrom retires this is one of my fantasy scenarios. The others involve signing Selanne, Leino and Sami Salo. xD

I understand your hard-on for Finnish players, but it is not worth busting the team's Cap situation purely in order to sign them.

If you don't like Ericsson, you'll hate Pitkanen. He's atrocious defensively. And Meech is not, repeat NOT an NHL-worthy defenseman anymore.

I understand your hard-on for Finnish players, but it is not worth busting the team's Cap situation purely in order to sign them.

If you don't like Ericsson, you'll hate Pitkanen. He's atrocious defensively. And Meech is not, repeat NOT an NHL-worthy defenseman anymore.

It was just a lil self-ironic joke.

I know Pitkanen very well, his play is very flegmatic. I'd rather get Wisniewski (cheaper, right-handed) first and then see what we need. I like Ericsson, just not for 2,5 mill.

The Meech thing was serious though. I believe he'd be a good 3rd pair guy or a great 7th d-man.

It was just a lil self-ironic joke.

I know Pitkanen very well, his play is very flegmatic. I'd rather get Wisniewski (cheaper, right-handed) first and then see what we need. I like Ericsson, just not for 2,5 mill.

The Meech thing was serious though. I believe he'd be a good 3rd pair guy or a great 7th d-man.

I just don't think Wiz will take what we would offer... he's most likely going to get a big payday and I don't want the Wings overpaying for him (anything over 4/4.5), so unless he takes less to come home, I don't see the likelihood of him coming here very high...

Meech is gone... unless he signs a 2 way deal and plays for GR, he's likely moving on... Janik is an upgrade from Meech and even he is a fringe NHL'er

Edited by stevkrause

Meech was the Griffs' best defenseman last season, not Smith. And everyone seems to want Smith in the top four. Meech is capable of NHL-level play at both ends, while Smith's defense is still a little shaky. So pick your own depth guy I guess, but cheaper and better is how I roll. Smith will be better soon, but he can keep playing in GR, and he won't be top six unless we have a thin defense. Meech is gone if he's not in the bigs. I'd like to keep both if possible.

Meech was the Griffs' best defenseman last season, not Smith. And everyone seems to want Smith in the top four. Meech is capable of NHL-level play at both ends, while Smith's defense is still a little shaky. So pick your own depth guy I guess, but cheaper and better is how I roll. Smith will be better soon, but he can keep playing in GR, and he won't be top six unless we have a thin defense. Meech is gone if he's not in the bigs. I'd like to keep both if possible.

Smith will not be here unless he's playing everyday and Meech will not be here period... apples to oranges...

Smith needs major minutes to continue his development and unless he comes into camp like a beast and takes Kindl's job, he won't be on the roster, especially since he can be called up and is waiver exempt...

Meech may be a better AHL defenseman, but that doesn't always translate to NHL... Janik will almost certainly be our everyday 7th dman next year and he's earned it, unless Salei comes back at damn near league minimum and accepts a 7th dman role...