• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Berry

Changes in the offseason

Rate this topic

I agree with you here.

That and the Eaves-Helm-Mursak line.

Well I'm glad you like that line. Hopefully Babcock does, because I've been pushing it for months and think it would be a killer checking line. As opposed to the killer scoring line of Heatley/Gilmour/Bertuzzi.

I am starting to think we HAVE to get Brad Richards now. The way people are snatching up talent...

Brooks Laich is a good way to go but even he is going to command 4 million. We seem to be able to get more from giant contracts then middle of the road contracts now.

Guest Crymson

I would love to see us pick up Rob Scuderi in a trade this weekend.

No offense, but I think your ideas have mostly been unrealistic. This one is included in that category. L.A. has no reason to trade away a defenseman. They only have three top-four defenseman as it is, and Scuderi matches up very well with Doughty.

I am starting to think we HAVE to get Brad Richards now. The way people are snatching up talent...

This reminds me of the 2007 offseason. And the 2008 trade deadline.

Please do not sign Richards, spend that money on a top end D man if we can

It won't happen, but we do have the means to afford a top end D and Richards with cap space to spare (depending on Richards taking a similar payday to Hossa's contract when he was here).

If they have a chance at Richards for 7.3 million or less, they would be silly to not attempt it. Lidstrom will more than likely retire after this season which frees up another 6.2 million plus whatever the cap rises to after this upcoming season. We would be fine.

Oh and this would also take into account the trading of Hudler and/or Filppula.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

Kenny's lining up a biggey, he's not had this much $'s to play with for i dont know how long, top D and top Fwd in-coming but we may loose some faces we are happy with and may cause some un-rest amongst fans,

i really hope this is true. as long as dats, z, and helm stay id be good with any trade that made our team better even if i liked the player.

Kenny's lining up a biggey, he's not had this much $'s to play with for i dont know how long, top D and top Fwd in-coming but we may loose some faces we are happy with and may cause some un-rest amongst fans,

On the front-end, I'm fine with Huds or Mule being traded (love Mule, hate his contract). Hopefully we see some big improvments today (and July 1).

Guest Crymson

On the front-end, I'm fine with Huds or Mule being traded (love Mule, hate his contract). Hopefully we see some big improvments today (and July 1).

$4m for a player who can score 30+ goals per year is very good.

His contract might end up being one of the best in the league this season or next. The amount of inflation... Hell you could see people scoring 35 pts making 4 million in a few years.

Well Brewer is gone. Will there be UFA's left?

Edit: Oh my mistake there are already people like Booth making more money for less points...

Edited by Majsheppard

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Jussi Jokinen ($3.750m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Drew Miller ($1.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)

/ Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($3.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Joni Pitkanen ($3.750m)

Zach Bogosian ($3.50m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Mathieu Garon ($1.200m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,042,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,257,956

traded huds for bagosian (could have been picks involved)

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Jussi Jokinen ($3.750m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Drew Miller ($1.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)

/ Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($3.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Joni Pitkanen ($3.750m)

Zach Bogosian ($3.50m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Mathieu Garon ($1.200m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,042,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,257,956

traded huds for bagosian (could have been picks involved)

Mursak would be wasted as the 13th forward. He's ready for full-time and with speed almost to par with Helm and pretty good hands, he could put up 30+ points given consistent playing time. I would play him over Miller. I think they'll let Miller walk in the end and retain Eaves.

Your defensive cap numbers are quite off, too. If we got Bogo, I could see us signing Wiz, but not Pitkanen. And they would sign for 4 mil plus. I also think Garon would be a bad pickup for a backup given the other names out there (Hedberg, Boucher, Conklin, Harding, etc.)

I also have a feeling that Holland's going to swing a trade.

I concur. The climate this year seems to favor it, and given our status right now with what we need.... I hope he pull something out. That's what she said..

yeah i guess its more fantasy then reality thinking we could get pitkanen and wis.... especially because neither of them really specialize on the pk or in their own end. both are ideal for pp but with wis being the right handed shot it makes him that much more appealing. he hits, can fight and man a pp unit. pitkanen is very smooth with the puck, great coming out of his own zone.... has very impressive vision and is also very offensively gifted. my thing with pitkanen is his turnover to takeaway ratio is almost even whereas wisniewski gives the puck over a lot more then hes taking it away. we had ericcson and raffi this year leading the way in giveaways and it seems like signing wisniewski wont really help us in that department. signing one of them makes sense but both doesnt i understand.... just was merely number crunching showing it could be possible though not probable.

i updated... made it more realistic.... we still "traded hudler + picks for bogosian + picks

FORWARDS

Jussi Jokinen ($3.500m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($4.500m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.375m)

/ Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Mike Smith ($2.250m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,917,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,382,956

jokinen could demand more then 3.5.... we could give it to him. he could be good for 50-60 points as he has been the last 2 years, 20-30 goals. the only thing with this setup to worry about is whether kindl / smith can handle a regular spot

smith probably wouldnt sign here to be howies backup, but if he did sign he would be capable of manning a solid chunk of games keeping howard well rested and well motivated knowing the guy behind him would love his spot.

still have plenty of cap space for potential tweaking or to add depth / whatever you want to spend it on

Edited by DangleDangleBeach

yeah i guess its more fantasy then reality thinking we could get pitkanen and wis.... especially because neither of them really specialize on the pk or in their own end. both are ideal for pp but with wis being the right handed shot it makes him that much more appealing. he hits, can fight and man a pp unit. pitkanen is very smooth with the puck, great coming out of his own zone.... has very impressive vision and is also very offensively gifted. my thing with pitkanen is his turnover to takeaway ratio is almost even whereas wisniewski gives the puck over a lot more then hes taking it away. we had ericcson and raffi this year leading the way in giveaways and it seems like signing wisniewski wont really help us in that department. signing one of them makes sense but both doesnt i understand.... just was merely number crunching showing it could be possible though not probable.

i updated... made it more realistic.... we still "traded hudler + picks for bogosian + picks

FORWARDS

Jussi Jokinen ($3.500m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / James Wisniewski ($4.500m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.375m)

/ Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Mike Smith ($2.250m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,917,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,382,956

jokinen could demand more then 3.5.... we could give it to him. he could be good for 50-60 points as he has been the last 2 years, 20-30 goals. the only thing with this setup to worry about is whether kindl / smith can handle a regular spot

smith probably wouldnt sign here to be howies backup, but if he did sign he would be capable of manning a solid chunk of games keeping howard well rested and well motivated knowing the guy behind him would love his spot.

still have plenty of cap space for potential tweaking or to add depth / whatever you want to spend it on

its gonna take a lot more than hudler+picks to land bogosian. more like kindl, hudler, and one of our better prospects. i still think kenny will go after one of bogosian or burns, but its not gonna get done without including more than hudler+picks.

just to followup i think this is kinda iffy if we do send huds, kindl, and many high picks to winnipeg. its still a huge stretch...

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Brad Richards ($7.200m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.900m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Drew Miller ($0.750m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Zach Bogosian ($4.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.500m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Brian Boucher ($0.900m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,971,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $328,789

Edited by dirtydangles