• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#241 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

Carle for Hudler and a pick. I've said this before, but I shall state it yet once again. That's a good deal for us.

It's a good deal for us, but that doesn't mean it's a good deal for Philly. They're already loaded on the wings and adding $2.8 of questionable salary situation doesn't really do anything good for them, even with a pick.

If Carle is available they can get deals more ideally situated to their roster/cap situation.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#242 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

The Wings should really ought to give consideration to Kevin Bieksa. Another right handed shot which, after the retirement of Raffy, leaves them with Eaves as the only regular in the lineup that's right handed. He's had a great playoff as well.

Holland doesn't overpay players, and while Bieska is having a good PO, he's not that impressive overall. There are equal options out there...and won't come as overpayment. Bieska will get severely overpaid this offseason.

If Holland can get him for under $4 ($3.5-ish), then I say go for it, but I bet he gets offers over $5 mil yr. Same with Erhoff. Holland will probably find "lesser knowns" who will be fine.

Edited by Heaten, 26 May 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#243 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

So it doesn't look like Salei will be back next year. Adam Pardy, anyone? I wouldn't mind Ladislav Smid, either. I believe he's a UFA July 1st, could be mistaken.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#244 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

It's a good deal for us, but that doesn't mean it's a good deal for Philly. They're already loaded on the wings and adding $2.8 of questionable salary situation doesn't really do anything good for them, even with a pick.

If Carle is available they can get deals more ideally situated to their roster/cap situation.

I really hope we don't trade for Carle. I enjoy listening to Philly fans complain about him 24/7 but then again they complain about every player.

#245 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

If Vancouver doesn't re-sign Bieksa, that would be about as stupid as Chicago not keeping Niemi or Byfuglien but if they don't for some reason and the Wings get him that would be great.

Chicago not keeping Niemi wasn't stupid; he isn't even as good as Crawford. He wasn't better than Crawford last season either; the difference is that Crawford could be sent to the minors. I'm interested in what happens with Derek Meech. He was above Kyle Quincey on the depth chart their entire time together with the Wings, and Quincey managed to turn up as a decent top-four defenseman when he left. Meech played better than Brett Lebda, who signed a deal in Toronto after he was pushed out of Detroit's defense. So what is Meech's fate?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#246 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

Rip on me all you want for slotting Zherdev in, but he has potential (4th overall pick 2003), size, and scoring ability. Datsyuk could be a good influence on him to try to get him a little better on the d end. Not to mention he is a right shot that we desperately need. Not sure why nobody has considered Gagne yet. Could do a one year deal similar to what tampa did and see if things work out and replace next season when better players are available. He definitely has scoring ability. Make a trade for Bogosian (using huds, prospect, picks) as bogosian is young right shot that we need on d, and has potential. Pitkanen for maybe a 2 year deal to see how it goes, and if something comes up next year when lids retires (aka weber only signs a one year deal this year) then we aren't stuck with pitkanen around too long after, and smith with be chomping at the bit to get into the regular lineup. I have to agree that we aren't getting any RFA's through offer sheets. Parise, Weber, Doughty won't happen. I want one soooo bad and i still have hope, but theres no point in counting on it.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m)
Simon Gagne ($5.250m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)
Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.500m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Joni Pitkanen ($4.000m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.500m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Josh Harding ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,608,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $791,289

I'd love to mess around with a lineup with jeff carter in it for s***s. He would be IDEAL as he is a right handed center we need badly. Can't wait till sheahan and jarnkrok are ready to go in the distant future as they are potential 2 great right handed centers.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#247 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

with no chance at shea weber... i really really badlyyy want zach bogosian and james wisniewski on our roster 2 right handed young bucks is exactly wat we need.. lids,stu,kronny... are our vets now.. i wanna see...

lidstrom-stuart
kronwall-bogosian
wisniewski-ericsson

kindl ... if we cant keep ericsson i wouldnt mind a guy like hal gill or sean o'donnell etc etc..

#248 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

All things set aside in terms of the Carter trade, this team would be soooooo dope. and 2 mill to spare. Might have to put Pitkanen in for Bogosian due to trade bait going towards Carter, but people were suggesting that philly would want to pick up cap space anyways (not sure how many 1sts and prospects it would take)... Look at all those players with right handed shots (Carter, Eaves, Asham, Wisniewski, Bogosian)! That bottom line has the potential to be a sick grind line imo. and helm has earned a role as 3rd line center. The top two lines are devastating. It sucks that homer's contract had to be on the books this season; coulda been 3 mil left over instead of 2, and have Tatar up.

FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Arron Asham ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.000m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,381,438; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,018,562

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#249 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

FORWARDS
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Patrick Eaves ($0.750m) / Brooks Laich ($2.400m) / Jussi Jokinen ($2.300m)
Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Drew Miller ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.000m)
Joni Pitkanen ($4.500m) / James Wisniewski ($4.550m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

SALARY CAP: $63,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,283,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,216,289

Nice :thumbup: Mail it to Ken Holland please :hehe:

#250 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

Rip on me all you want for slotting Zherdev in, but he has potential (4th overall pick 2003), size, and scoring ability. Datsyuk could be a good influence on him to try to get him a little better on the d end. Not to mention he is a right shot that we desperately need. Not sure why nobody has considered Gagne yet. Could do a one year deal similar to what tampa did and see if things work out and replace next season when better players are available. He definitely has scoring ability. Make a trade for Bogosian (using huds, prospect, picks) as bogosian is young right shot that we need on d, and has potential. Pitkanen for maybe a 2 year deal to see how it goes, and if something comes up next year when lids retires (aka weber only signs a one year deal this year) then we aren't stuck with pitkanen around too long after, and smith with be chomping at the bit to get into the regular lineup. I have to agree that we aren't getting any RFA's through offer sheets. Parise, Weber, Doughty won't happen. I want one soooo bad and i still have hope, but theres no point in counting on it.

FORWARDS
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m)
Simon Gagne ($5.250m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Joni Pitkanen ($4.000m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,608,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $791,289

I'd love to mess around with a lineup with jeff carter in it for s***s. He would be IDEAL as he is a right handed center we need badly. Can't wait till sheahan and jarnkrok are ready to go in the distant future as they are potential 2 great right handed centers.

Smith won't be the 7th defenseman. If he's up it's because he's going to play full-time. So replace him with Janik, and that gives you another $363k to your cap space, bumping it to about $1.15m. Add Emmerton/Miller/Draper and you lose half to all of that.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#251 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m)
Simon Gagne ($5.250m)
Joni Pitkanen ($4.000m)
Zach Bogosian ($3.500m)

Very interesting. I never considered Gagne. He would be an excellent fit for this team and would probably go for less than $5.2 mil. Maybe $3-4 mil, I'm thinking. Zherdev is an interesting idea. Lots of upside, good hard right handed shot. The only thing is he has a reputation as being lazy on defense and that won't fly with Babs. Pitkanen would be nice and would do better in Detroit than anywhere else. Bogosian though is a pipe dream. Especially now that he's going to a city that would freak out if their GM traded him away.

#252 pavelpasha13

pavelpasha13

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Maybe theres already been a post on this, but im looking for opinions. Who would you sign come july from the free agent market? Whos gonna even be up for grabs?
feed the mule

#253 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

Maybe theres already been a post on this, but im looking for opinions. Who would you sign come july from the free agent market? Whos gonna even be up for grabs?

:lol: Sign Weber...

Anyways, there are plenty of threads on this.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#254 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

I don't really think Gagne would be available. 40+ point player when healthy and has 12 points in the playoffs, so I see him being locked up by Yzerman whether Tampa makes the cup finals or not but I could be wrong.

Edited by MGreenberg, 27 May 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#255 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

If I were Holland, I would sign Jovanovski to a 1 year deal around 5.5 million. I would then go out and sign Wisniewski for 2 years at around 3.75-4 million per year. Wiz may be an easy sell as we are contenders and we are conveniently located where he grew up.

I would then shore up my forwards by re-signing Eaves on a multi-year contract for around 1 million per, signing Maxime Talbot or someone similar to him for 3 years at 1.25 million, and possibly re-signing Miller on a multi-year 750k deal as our 13th forward.

I would attempt to trade Hudler if possible, and plug in Mursak in his place.

As for goaltending, I would see how cheap I could get Nabokov back from the Isles for (remember he's making a league minimum contract for one season so that would be ideal - and you know he wants to play here). Otherwise I would sign either Hedberg, Conklin, or Theodore to a 2 year 1 million per contract.

Done and done.

Oh and bring in Boughner for our D coach. If MacLean moves on, bring in Gretzky for our O coach (just a little bit of fun - not serious!)

#256 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

No thanks to Gagne. He is a bag of milk who, at that salary, isn't worth the fact he won't be out there for more than 60 games and the fact his time has kind of run out on being effective. I liked his game a little while back but not anymore, I believe we have the forward depth that we need anyway. DEFENSE, folks.

Edited by HankthaTank, 27 May 2011 - 08:35 AM.

#257 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

If I were Holland, I would sign Jovanovski to a 1 year deal around 5.5 million. I would then go out and sign Wisniewski for 2 years

NO!

but

Yes.

What is with the love for Jovo, and I realize you have to overpay for FA's nowadays but, 5.5?!? FFS, really?

#258 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

and this is just on the first 3 pages -
http://www.letsgowin...season-changes/
http://www.letsgowin...ents-for-wings/
http://www.letsgowin...1-role-players/
http://www.letsgowin...place-rafalski/
http://www.letsgowin...i-summer-deals/
http://www.letsgowin...agents-in-2011/

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#259 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

NO!

but

Yes.

What is with the love for Jovo, and I realize you have to overpay for FA's nowadays but, 5.5?!? FFS, really?

Jovo is a stop-gap until next season's FA crop or a trade comes along that suits us better. He wouldn't be a terrible guy to have on a third pairing. He played solid when with Vancouver (contending team), and he has never won a cup. We all know how well the Wings are at reclamation projects and Jovo is a prime candidate. He's a veteran, will provide size and strength, and he can put up 35+ points consistently.

I forgot to mention. If Jovo is out, I would target Pitkanen for a multi-year 4.5 per season.

and this is just on the first 3 pages -
http://www.letsgowin...season-changes/
http://www.letsgowin...ents-for-wings/
http://www.letsgowin...1-role-players/
http://www.letsgowin...place-rafalski/
http://www.letsgowin...i-summer-deals/
http://www.letsgowin...agents-in-2011/

It doesn't matter, it will never stop, so just go with it. If you see something you want to comment on, comment on it... Otherwise ignore it.

NO!

but

Yes.

He made 6.5 last season... Do you honestly think that's overpaying when considering what he made last year? I'm trying to be realistic, not say, "Oh let's sign Jovo for 3.5 million... right...

#260 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

No thanks to Gagne. He is a bag of milk who, at that salary, isn't worth the fact he won't be out there for more than 60 games and the fact his time has kind of run out on being effective. I liked his game a little while back but not anymore, I believe we have the forward depth that we need anyway. DEFENSE, folks.

I would take Gagne in a heartbeat if it was 2005-2007, lol.