#381 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

Do whatever it takes to get Webber

Posted Image

Back to 2003 to draft him before Nashville! Get 'er done Kenny!
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#382 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

Lol, that is probably the only way we could get him.

#383 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

He's even taller and heavier than Chara, and he's got great hands, but I'm pretty sure he retired. There was also all that nastiness with that booster at the University of Michigan...

Edited by Crymson, 30 May 2011 - 12:49 PM.

#384 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

He's even taller and heavier than Chara, and he's got great hands, but I'm pretty sure he retired. There was also all that nastiness with that booster at the University of Michigan...

Plus he calls time-outs when his team doesn't have any left. Stay away Kenny.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#385 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

Los Angeles traded Matthieu Schneider to Detroit for Maxim Kuznetsov, Sean Avery, a 1st round pick in 2003 and a 2nd round pick in 2004.

You had a nice thought there, but he'd have to go a little further back and NOT make this trade...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#386 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Los Angeles traded Matthieu Schneider to Detroit for Maxim Kuznetsov, Sean Avery, a 1st round pick in 2003 and a 2nd round pick in 2004.

You had a nice thought there, but he'd have to go a little further back and NOT make this trade...

Touche, but don't forget, that's only from the snowball that is this!

Uwe Krupp

July 7, 1998: Signed as a free agent by Detroit, July 7, 1998.

He'd have to go back here first!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#387 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

That still happened in 2003. Gimme a break. :hehe:
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

#388 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

The idea that Holland would definitely have chosen Weber with that pick is ridiculous, as is the idea that he "traded away Mike Green" in the Lang deal.

#389 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

Jokes on you guys, Weber was a second round pick.. :lol:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#390 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

:unsure:

Posted Image

Didn't he retire?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#391 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

Jokes on you guys, Weber was a second round pick.. :lol:

Yes, but he was selected before Detroit picked in the second round, so Holland would have needed his first pick to select him....

OH and Crymson, the idea is knowing what we know now, Holland would use a time machine to go back and CHANGE history and draft Weber, since that is the only way he will be able to acquire him. Didn't you watch any of the movies? :lol:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#392 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

Yes, but he was selected before Detroit picked in the second round, so Holland would have needed his first pick to select him....

OH and Crymson, the idea is knowing what we know now, Holland would use a time machine to go back and CHANGE history and draft Weber, since that is the only way he will be able to acquire him. Didn't you watch any of the movies? :lol:

Where is Chrostoper Lloyd when you need him? Back to the Future..."Kenny! The future! We have to go back to 2003
and draft Shea Weber! It could affect your whole team for the next 100 years!.:

Kenny: Uh uh ok Doc but what do we do next Doc?

Doc: Trade for Chris Webber Kenny!
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#393 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

Well now that Winnipeg is looking to be a lock, we should target their RFA's. Perhaps some of them may not want to stay now that the team is relocating and perhaps the team won't battle as hard to keep them if an offer sheet comes in.

Zach Bogosian - $3,375,000
Andrew Ladd - $2,350,000
Blake Wheeler - $2,200,000
Anthony Stewart - $632,500

I wouldn't mind picking off any of these guys. Most notably Bogo, but he may be one player that Winnipeg will not let go, of course. Adding in any of the listed forwards would be good for the Wings as I think they'd fit in nicely and add a little size, youthful enthusiasm, and scoring depth.

What do you think, folks?

#394 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

Well now that Winnipeg is looking to be a lock, we should target their RFA's. Perhaps some of them may not want to stay now that the team is relocating and perhaps the team won't battle as hard to keep them if an offer sheet comes in.

Zach Bogosian - $3,375,000
Andrew Ladd - $2,350,000
Blake Wheeler - $2,200,000
Anthony Stewart - $632,500

I wouldn't mind picking off any of these guys. Most notably Bogo, but he may be one player that Winnipeg will not let go, of course. Adding in any of the listed forwards would be good for the Wings as I think they'd fit in nicely and add a little size, youthful enthusiasm, and scoring depth.

What do you think, folks?

Can we PLEASE drop this crap already - Kenny will not go after a RFA... this is a moot point.

furthermore, if anything, they're LESS likely to let their RFA's get away, since True North has deeper pockets and Manitoba is a better market, so this whole thought is beyond flawed on multiple levels...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#395 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

How about signing Bieksa or Wisniewski to shore up Rafalski's hole on D (both right handed shooters and point men on PP) and pursuing Brooks Laich or Andrew Ladd as a much needed addition to the top forward lines. Both Bieksa and Wiz make around 3.5 mil now and would want a raise, Laich and Ladd both make around 2.5 mil and would want a raise as well. All told, I think we could sign one of the defenseman and one forward for around 7 million, which is offset by Rafalski and Modano's contracts coming off the books. The team would look something like this (not married to these line combos but have to make due with what we've got considering the old guys are under contract and nobody is going to trade for Homer or Bertuzzi at this stage of the game).

Zetterberg - Datysuk - Homer
Ladd/Laich - Filpulla - Franzen
Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Cleary
Eaves - Helm - Miller/Draper/Mursak

Lidstrom - Stuart
Kronwall - Wisniewski/Bieksa
Kindl - Ericsson

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#396 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

Can we PLEASE drop this crap already - Kenny will not go after a RFA... this is a moot point.

furthermore, if anything, they're LESS likely to let their RFA's get away, since True North has deeper pockets and Manitoba is a better market, so this whole thought is beyond flawed on multiple levels...

Hey if I wanted to sit here and state completely realistic possibilities, it would make for a very boring discussion, so why don't you take your pessimistic sensibilities and go annoy some other people.

#397 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hey if I wanted to sit here and state completely realistic possibilities, it would make for a very boring discussion, so why don't you take your pessimistic sensibilities and go annoy some other people.

It's not unrealistic to think that we could send offer sheets on low end RFA's, but it is unrealistic to think we could do it for someone like Weber.

Edited by kipwinger, 31 May 2011 - 11:22 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#398 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

On the other hand, I find unrealistic possibilities extremely boring as they will never come to fruition, so take your optimism and annoy some other people.

#399 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

On the other hand, I find unrealistic possibilities extremely boring as they will never come to fruition, so take your optimism and annoy some other people.

Anything is possible... some people seem to forget this. Has Holland had any interest in doing this thus far? No. Certainly, certain circumstances could arise that make this kind of move a possibility for ANY team. Losing Rafalski and possibly losing Lidstrom also, are such circumstances. If you think, given these scenarios, that sending an offer sheet to an RFA is impossible/improbable, then you may need to check your head.

#400 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

I think the vast majority here would agree with me...

also realism ≠ pessimism

There are plenty of UFA and trade options to discuss, so why dilute realistic discussions with impossible scenarios?

Well were at it, lets discuss the option of trading Howard for Ryan Miller straight up... come on now... :rolleyes:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.