• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#421 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

I say let people wish for what they dream of. What's it gonna hurt? If anything, it keeps the suicide rate down. :hehe:

On the other hand, I think staying in the organization would be a smart move for this season and hit the market next season. Do what we can in the organization, if we have to go out of it, do it. Save the money and look for a UFA next season.

The Wings have millions under the cap to replace Rafalski, and the only returning defensemen signed are Kronwall, Stuart, and Kindl. They WILL be picking someone up to replace Rafalski on the blueline, whether it be a forward signing and a forward trade for a defenseman, or a defenseman signing, or both. And that doesn't even factor in Lidstrom, Ericsson, and Salei. Lids likely returns, Salei is gone, and Ericsson is probably gone given his reported salary demands. So perhaps the Wings pick up two of the UFA defensemen available, say Pitkanen and Ehrhoff, and have a stocked blueline going forth. Lidstrom retires the same year Kronwall's deal expires, so Kronner's raise is covered by Nick's hit, and then a lesser defenseman (Smith?) is signed or brought in to fill the vacancy. Holmstrom also is likely retired at that point, opening up a good chunk of change up front which isn't terribly necessary for raises except for potentially Hudler, but could be used for a new acquisition.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#422 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

I see Pitkanen and Jokinen ending up in a same team. That way they can execute that "Karpat"-tactic on the PP. They're good childhood friends as well. :D
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#423 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

Holmstrom also is likely retired at that point, opening up a good chunk of change up front which isn't terribly necessary for raises except for potentially Hudler, but could be used for a new acquisition.

I wasn't aware that you had such a well-developed sense of humor, eva.

Edited by Crymson, 01 June 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#424 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

I see Pitkanen and Jokinen ending up in a same team. That way they can execute that "Karpat"-tactic on the PP. They're good childhood friends as well. :D

whats karpat????? sounds cool

#425 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

I wasn't aware that you had such a well-developed sense of humor, eva.

So Hudler doesn't get a raise beyond his current deal if he hits a completely reasonable target of 60 points? Now you're getting a little silly.

#426 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

So Hudler doesn't get a raise beyond his current deal if he hits a completely reasonable target of 60 points? Now you're getting a little silly.

One-dimensional roleplayers don't get huge contracts.

Of course, you seem incapable of understanding that Hudler is either one-dimensional or a roleplayer.

#427 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

Are we watching the same league?
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#428 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

Silly is, with Helm and Kronwall also on expiring contracts, Hudler is the raise you're worried about.

#429 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

No more Hudler, Modano (bless him), and Salei

Sign Wisniewski and Richards

#430 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

Silly is, with Helm and Kronwall also on expiring contracts, Hudler is the raise you're worried about.

I already stated that Kronwall's raise was covered by Lidstrom retiring.

Helm is an RFA, Hudler is a UFA. That makes Hudler's a million times more dangerous because the Wings can take Helm to arbitration if they don't get him signed. Helm will get a deal in arbitration that makes him a UFA, so the Wings WILL take him to arbitration if it comes to that. Helm will not be signing an offer sheet, so I don't know what you are concerned about. If Helm makes it to the RFA period in the summer of 2012, Holland f***ed up. Plain and simple.

#431 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

If Helm makes it to the RFA period in the summer of 2012, Holland f***ed up. Plain and simple.

And if Hudler is still on this team come next season, Holland really f***ed up.

#432 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:01 AM

Are we watching the same league?

Yes. Hudler is about as one-dimensional as they come. He's small, slow and lacks anything in the way of defensive awareness. He has a very limited role. Have you some other examples to list?

#433 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

Yes. Hudler is about as one-dimensional as they come. He's small, slow and lacks anything in the way of defensive awareness. He has a very limited role. Have you some other examples to list?

You missed my point. It was nothing about Hudler. You said large contracts aren't offered to one-dimensional players, a statement I find rather laughable (and can cite a number of examples of just that). Hence me quoting:

And not

Of course, you seem incapable of understanding that Hudler is either one-dimensional or a roleplayer.

Edited by Datsyerberger, 02 June 2011 - 05:37 AM.

If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#434 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

And if Hudler is still on this team come next season, Holland really f***ed up.

What if Hudler has a break out year, after one full season + back... you gonna man up and admit you were wrong and eat crow?

His trade value is at an all time low right now, and he still has potential... he is most likely going to see his contract out to at least the deadline next season, unless a team SPECIFICALLY asks for him in a trade that's too good for Holland to pass up...

and for the record - Holland does not f' up, he is the only man to have ever beaten up Chuck Norris. fact.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#435 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

What if Hudler has a break out year, after one full season + back... you gonna man up and admit you were wrong and eat crow?

His trade value is at an all time low right now, and he still has potential... he is most likely going to see his contract out to at least the deadline next season, unless a team SPECIFICALLY asks for him in a trade that's too good for Holland to pass up...

and for the record - Holland does not f' up, he is the only man to have ever beaten up Chuck Norris. fact.

If he has a breakout year, I will be amazed and by break out year, I am talking at least 20 goals and 60 points or more.

#436 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

If he has a breakout year, I will be amazed and by break out year, I am talking at least 20 goals and 60 points or more.

as am I... I'm not saying I expect it of him and to be honest, I think he peaked before he left for Russia, but I also think he could come back determined and shut everyone up, it's all on him...

With that said, people give up on him too easily... he had a couple flashes of brilliance this year and if he can spend majority of the year on Datsyuk's wing, he could have a breakout year...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#437 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

as am I... I'm not saying I expect it of him and to be honest, I think he peaked before he left for Russia, but I also think he could come back determined and shut everyone up, it's all on him...

With that said, people give up on him too easily... he had a couple flashes of brilliance this year and if he can spend majority of the year on Datsyuk's wing, he could have a breakout year...

I feel like we've been saying that about Hudler for the last 3 seasons. This is a contract year though, so now or never for Huds.

#438 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Although he's bigger, and quite a bit faster, but at times I think Michael Ryder is rather useless - unless he's shooting the puck.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#439 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

A lot of people could have a great year on Datsyuk's Wing. If he plays on Datsyuk's Wing, I would probably give more credit to Datsyuk than Hudler if he has a big points year.

#440 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

I feel like we've been saying that about Hudler for the last 3 seasons. This is a contract year though, so now or never for Huds.

I'm not really sure where you're going with this... he had a down year last year, was in Russia the season before that and the previous 2 seasons he improved each year... the year in Russia set him back, thats for sure, so this year will be the make it or break it for him...

A lot of people could have a great year on Datsyuk's Wing. If he plays on Datsyuk's Wing, I would probably give more credit to Datsyuk than Hudler if he has a big points year.

Top players play with top players. In order for him to progress into what he was hoped to be/projected to be, he needs top 6 minutes...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here