• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Will Nicklas Lidstrom Retire?

Rate this topic

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That was his last game as a Red Wing. He had an epic career but he knows his time in the NHL is over. He will likely go back to Sweden and play with the Olympic/World team there.

Where would possibly make you ascertain something like this?

My guess would be when Nick learned he was nominated for another Norris this year. Nothing says your "time in the NHL is over" like a Norris Trophy nomination. :rolleyes:

He has declined, no question, but he still played at a very high level this season, into the playoffs. He's a Norris candidate, personally, I don't think he'll win, it's a tough sell being a "-" for the year, but we'll see.

So, I think he comes back for 1 more year, but it depends on the following:

- how does he fell physically now, after going through 2 rounds of the playoffs? Is he gassed? Would another 2 rounds have been tough on him?

- how does he think the team will fare next season?

If he thinks the team will have a good shot next year and he thinks he can physically put in the minutes to get through 4 rounds, then I think he'll come back, but if the answer is no to either question, he probably doesn't come back because there is no reason to come back for anything other than a cup run.

1 more year, hopefully. at his age he's still one of the best defenseman in the league which is outright amazing.

parise or richards would be a ridiculously perfect fit on this team.

As much as we love him, I think he's over payed. Time to go Nick, and built this franchise with the other Nick.

This is extremely laughable. He's a Norris finalist and you think he's overpaid at $6.2m?

And even more laughable, you think Kronwall is a future #1 dman? He's 30 years old and has never showed more talent than a #2 at best.

Edit: I hope to god that Lids is back for another year. This team will have a hard time continuing on without him.

Edited by Theophany

1 more year, hopefully. at his age he's still one of the best defenseman in the league which is outright amazing.

parise or richards would be a ridiculously perfect fit on this team.

Parise would be a dream, but one that would probably require us going back in time and undoing the Franzen deal.

He will be back.... He struggled with it last year because of how well him and the team performed. This season he has another career year and should win the Norris, I say that if he is in the likes of weber and Chara, that I still want him here...

This is extremely laughable. He's a Norris finalist and you think he's overpaid at $6.2m?

And even more laughable, you think Kronwall is a future #1 dman? He's 30 years old and has never showed more talent than a #2 at best.

Edit: I hope to god that Lids is back for another year. This team will have a hard time continuing on without him.

Yeah well he ran out of gas during the semi-finals.

the 3-0 series comeback would have topped it off

True statement. I hope that he plays next year. I really want to see him go out on top one more time. I just got a feeling he may not return. Maybe he wants to spend time with his family...

Yeah well he ran out of gas during the semi-finals.

Yeah, totally. Second in team scoring, +8, definitely a drain on the team.

By contrast your boy Kronwall played two more minutes a game and only put up 6 points in the whole playoffs and was a +5.

Edited by Theophany

Yeah, totally. Second in team scoring, +8, definitely a drain on the team.

By contrast your boy Kronwall played two more minutes a game and only put up 6 points in the whole playoffs and was a +5.

Out of curiosity, can you adjust that for the time Kronner was on the ice for PK and Lids was not? I'm not trying to argue I'm just wondering? I don't have access to a computer so can't do it myself

Out of curiosity, can you adjust that for the time Kronner was on the ice for PK and Lids was not? I'm not trying to argue I'm just wondering? I don't have access to a computer so can't do it myself

Er, why would you do that? Do you automatically assume that if Kronwall wasn't playing on the PK and instead using those minutes at ES like Lidstrom did that he would have scored two more goals?

Just to satisfy your curiosity though, Lidstrom scored a point at ES or on the PP every ~29 mins he was on the ice. Kronwall scored a point at ES or on the PP every ~34 mins he was on the ice.

That's taking out PK time from both of their total series ice time.

Er, why would you do that? Do you automatically assume that if Kronwall wasn't playing on the PK and instead using those minutes at ES like Lidstrom did that he would have scored two more goals?

Just to satisfy your curiosity though, Lidstrom scored a point at ES or on the PP every ~29 mins he was on the ice. Kronwall scored a point at ES or on the PP every ~34 mins he was on the ice.

That's taking out PK time from both of their total series ice time.

Yes this is something along the lines of what I was looking for. Of course I wasn't making assumptions; however it seems TOI and +/- numbers when one person plays PK and the other doesnt can skew the numbers. It didn't seem to me a valid prima facia comparison between the two bringing up the +/- when we know lids is not killing penalties and there's, call it a 10% chance (serious WAG there) of getting a - for every minute of PK time you have...

(not arguing not apologizing but I think he is staying)

It seems like when you think someone will come back they retire and the other way around. I think he should come back but that means he will probably retire. With or without Nick the defence needs help. Stuart is good but I dont trust him on the ice in playoffs he turns it over way to much. Erickson is a 7th d-man imo Kronwall and Rafalski are good but Rafalski isent getting any younger. Please no Kaberle

I really and truly don't know. I want to say no, that he'll come back for at least one more year, but then you get to thinking about just how many "one more year"s he has left in the tank.

Much like when we were having the same discussion about if Steve would retire.....I'd rather not think about it. :(

As much as we love him, I think he's over payed. Time to go Nick, and built this franchise with the other Nick.

Yes, he's clearly overstayed his welcome. What a bum.

I swear, some people. :blink: