Photo
- - - - -

Where is the Pavel Datsyuk appreciation thread?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:25 AM

Because the man was just a beast. The only skater to turn up for all 7 games of the San Jose series, and an absolute joy to watch. 11 games, 15 points, +10.

He deserved better, and there's a fair few players on this team owe him an apology.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I forgot, played with a wrist so badly injured he couldn't take face-offs

Edited by Nev, 13 May 2011 - 02:59 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#2 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:36 AM

Well said. Datsyuk is amazing, I feel lucky just to be a fan of hockey during his career.
Hard to believe he was once called a playoff "choker"

Edited by crotty99, 13 May 2011 - 03:20 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#3 CaliWingJuan

CaliWingJuan

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

Love the man to bits. Imo deserves the C when lids calls it a day.

#4 YzerPucks19

YzerPucks19

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:40 AM

Dats carried this team all playoffs. He is the next Wings captain no doubt.

Let's hope Lidstrom returns though. lol.
I found out that if you are going to win games, you had better be ready to adapt.

Scotty Bowman

#5 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

Datsyuk is always amazing even when not 100%! he lead the team in scoring and is the main reason why the wings even went this far in the series

#6 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:00 AM

Well said. Datsyuk is amazing, I feel lucky just to be a fan of hockey during his career.
Hard to believe he was once a playoff "choker"

Rather unfairly too since his first 3 seasons he was on the 4th/3rd/2nd lines. Those first 2 seasons really skew his stats.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#7 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:20 AM

I don't want him to have the C. Not that I don't think he would be deserving, I just think he is a player who would shy away from the added attention. I think Datsyuk likes going under the radar. Just let him play his natural game if you know what I mean.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#8 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

it's too bad he won't win the Conn Smythe this year because the Wings got knocked out early

he had a great playoff run

#9 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:12 AM

We are truly lucky to have Pavel Datsyuk in the Detroit Red Wings. Seriously. I would never trade him for a Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, or all the Sedins in the world. Why? Because he's simply the best and nobody will ever change my mind on that ;)

I mean, sure, he doesn't rack up the most points in the season. But honestly, how many players out there get you standing out of your seat almost every time he touches the puck? Whether he's being his usual self deking and dangling with his virtuoso stick handling skills, making the puck vanish from the other player's stick with his wizardry. The man is pure magic.

tl;dr : I appreciate Pavel Datsyuk and you should too! :thumbup:

#10 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

the guy is SCARY good at what he does he is always fun to watch great guy!
Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

Pavel=magic

#12 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

We are truly lucky to have Pavel Datsyuk in the Detroit Red Wings. Seriously. I would never trade him for a Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, or all the Sedins in the world. Why? Because he's simply the best and nobody will ever change my mind on that ;)

I mean, sure, he doesn't rack up the most points in the season. But honestly, how many players out there get you standing out of your seat almost every time he touches the puck? Whether he's being his usual self deking and dangling with his virtuoso stick handling skills, making the puck vanish from the other player's stick with his wizardry. The man is pure magic.

tl;dr : I appreciate Pavel Datsyuk and you should too! :thumbup:

QFT. I cannot put into the words the fear that I felt in my gut every single time the guy had the puck on his stick. It usually only left his stick if he wanted it to, and it went wherever he wanted it to. The man is insane. Best player in the league and you can't convince me otherwise. I wont mention the things I would do to have him on my team, but I assure you it's not a pretty picture.

#13 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

Datsyuk=heart of the team.

Ericsson: I loathe you.
RIP #24

#14 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

He really is the heart of the team. The amount of times he carries the team on his back is unbelievable.

The guy is an amazing player, just a joy to watch, thankfully I support the DRW so I can see him night in, night out.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#15 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

Pav is simply the best in the NHL. If he gets better even into next season, what could we possibly see from him next? Just awesome.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#16 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

He's the best player in the world right now. What else can you say? "Phenomenally great" is a phenomenal understatement.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#17 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

Pav is simply the best in the NHL. If he gets better even into next season, what could we possibly see from him next? Just awesome.

maybe he will figure out how to time travel by skating and go back and win the Wings more cups :ph34r:

Edited by ricky0034, 13 May 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#18 Chris L

Chris L

Wings fan in Chicago

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Nah, Z should get the C. Dats has enough to do as it is. Adding the duties of being the captain would be too much IMO.

#19 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Whenever he decides to retire his number will be hanging next to the 5 in the rafters. I agree I wouldn't trade him even if the Canucks offered both Sedin's and Kesler for him.

One of my favorite Datsyuk videos.

Edited by MGreenberg, 13 May 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#20 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Even thinking more into this, I am not sure an entire thread dedicated to appreciating can express the appreciation we have for him. There, that seems to fit aptly.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.