• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Where is the Pavel Datsyuk appreciation thread?

Rate this topic

Because the man was just a beast. The only skater to turn up for all 7 games of the San Jose series, and an absolute joy to watch. 11 games, 15 points, +10.

He deserved better, and there's a fair few players on this team owe him an apology.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I forgot, played with a wrist so badly injured he couldn't take face-offs

Edited by Nev

Well said. Datsyuk is amazing, I feel lucky just to be a fan of hockey during his career.

Hard to believe he was once called a playoff "choker"

Edited by crotty99

Well said. Datsyuk is amazing, I feel lucky just to be a fan of hockey during his career.

Hard to believe he was once a playoff "choker"

Rather unfairly too since his first 3 seasons he was on the 4th/3rd/2nd lines. Those first 2 seasons really skew his stats.

Love the man to bits. Imo deserves the C when lids calls it a day.

I don't want him to have the C. Not that I don't think he would be deserving, I just think he is a player who would shy away from the added attention. I think Datsyuk likes going under the radar. Just let him play his natural game if you know what I mean.

We are truly lucky to have Pavel Datsyuk in the Detroit Red Wings. Seriously. I would never trade him for a Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, or all the Sedins in the world. Why? Because he's simply the best and nobody will ever change my mind on that ;)

I mean, sure, he doesn't rack up the most points in the season. But honestly, how many players out there get you standing out of your seat almost every time he touches the puck? Whether he's being his usual self deking and dangling with his virtuoso stick handling skills, making the puck vanish from the other player's stick with his wizardry. The man is pure magic.

tl;dr : I appreciate Pavel Datsyuk and you should too! :thumbup:

We are truly lucky to have Pavel Datsyuk in the Detroit Red Wings. Seriously. I would never trade him for a Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, or all the Sedins in the world. Why? Because he's simply the best and nobody will ever change my mind on that ;)

I mean, sure, he doesn't rack up the most points in the season. But honestly, how many players out there get you standing out of your seat almost every time he touches the puck? Whether he's being his usual self deking and dangling with his virtuoso stick handling skills, making the puck vanish from the other player's stick with his wizardry. The man is pure magic.

tl;dr : I appreciate Pavel Datsyuk and you should too! :thumbup:

QFT. I cannot put into the words the fear that I felt in my gut every single time the guy had the puck on his stick. It usually only left his stick if he wanted it to, and it went wherever he wanted it to. The man is insane. Best player in the league and you can't convince me otherwise. I wont mention the things I would do to have him on my team, but I assure you it's not a pretty picture.

He really is the heart of the team. The amount of times he carries the team on his back is unbelievable.

The guy is an amazing player, just a joy to watch, thankfully I support the DRW so I can see him night in, night out.

Pav is simply the best in the NHL. If he gets better even into next season, what could we possibly see from him next? Just awesome.

maybe he will figure out how to time travel by skating and go back and win the Wings more cups :ph34r:

Edited by ricky0034

Love the man to bits. Imo deserves the C when lids calls it a day.

Nah, Z should get the C. Dats has enough to do as it is. Adding the duties of being the captain would be too much IMO.

Whenever he decides to retire his number will be hanging next to the 5 in the rafters. I agree I wouldn't trade him even if the Canucks offered both Sedin's and Kesler for him.

One of my favorite Datsyuk videos.

Edited by MGreenberg

For all of his magic and amazements, he still managed to surprise me with that absolute canon of a slapper last night.

I have said that if I have a son, I would want him to be like Steve Yzerman on and off the ice. I would amend that now to say I would want him to be like Datsyuk on the ice, but I know that it is essentially impossible. No one is like Dats - his pure talent is off the charts and you just can't manufacture what he has.

Edited by kook_10

I've said it before and it still rings true. To call Pasha amazing is like calling the Grand Canyon a hole in the ground. I don't think there is a word in the English, or any other, language, that adequately describes him. Such a joy to watch on the ice, and even more of a joy to be around off it. He is smart, creative, and inspiring on the ice, and gracious, generous, kind and wonderful off it. His number will hang in the rafters, bet on it.

A few words on Pavel Datsyuk. He looked and acted downright snarly and mean at the end of that game. This on top of everything else. I defy anyone to show me a more complete athlete in the entire universe right now.

This guy is just so fun to watch. I love how he is getting attention all around the league as one of the best players both regular season and playoffs. Him and Flip has really good energy together. We got one ill Russian ... the best, I'd take him over Ovechkin.

Really, a sprained wrist from that douchebag ... all the more reason for me to hate Jumbo Jim. I'll be happy if Bieska put the hurt on that guy :ranting:.

Edited by RedWingsRox