Photo
- - - - -

Where is the Pavel Datsyuk appreciation thread?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

For all of his magic and amazements, he still managed to surprise me with that absolute canon of a slapper last night.

I have said that if I have a son, I would want him to be like Steve Yzerman on and off the ice. I would amend that now to say I would want him to be like Datsyuk on the ice, but I know that it is essentially impossible. No one is like Dats - his pure talent is off the charts and you just can't manufacture what he has.

Edited by kook_10, 13 May 2011 - 10:47 AM.

works every time

#22 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

My link

Just talked to Ken Daniels on WCSX (podcast to come). He told us that Pavel Datsyuk had a sprained wrist from a Thornton slash in Game 3.

#23 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

I've said it before and it still rings true. To call Pasha amazing is like calling the Grand Canyon a hole in the ground. I don't think there is a word in the English, or any other, language, that adequately describes him. Such a joy to watch on the ice, and even more of a joy to be around off it. He is smart, creative, and inspiring on the ice, and gracious, generous, kind and wonderful off it. His number will hang in the rafters, bet on it.
Posted Image

#24 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

A few words on Pavel Datsyuk. He looked and acted downright snarly and mean at the end of that game. This on top of everything else. I defy anyone to show me a more complete athlete in the entire universe right now.

#25 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

This guy is just so fun to watch. I love how he is getting attention all around the league as one of the best players both regular season and playoffs. Him and Flip has really good energy together. We got one ill Russian ... the best, I'd take him over Ovechkin.

Really, a sprained wrist from that douchebag ... all the more reason for me to hate Jumbo Jim. I'll be happy if Bieska put the hurt on that guy :ranting:.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 13 May 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#26 Danglesyuk05

Danglesyuk05

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

I wore 13 for few years while I played after Pavel..Then when 13 wasn't available in high school, I switched to 5.

He is just amazing. I just remember at the end of the regular season, playing chicago, Pavs took the puck from the corner, skated up tot he top of zone while protecting the puck with one arm from two guys, then cut into the slot and went through FOUR guys without losing the puck. Then you seen plays like that over and over in these playoffs.

It was capped off with that incredible backhander snipe last night. I have said to my buddies since the playoffs started that he definitely needs to be in the discussion as one of top few players in the NHL and he proved that with his performance in these players.

Detroit Sports!

#27 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

I mean, seriously guys, are we taking our under-sized, under-weight, aenemic, bow-legged, pidgeon-toed superfreak for granted these days? Played with one winger the entire game and was still the best player on the ice.

The Todd: "The best player I've ever played with"

Edited by Nev, 14 January 2012 - 03:34 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#28 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

I can't say it enough...he's a miracle to behold. I can't wait to see him again come Valentine's Day!
Posted Image

#29 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

He good. He play more stronger.

#30 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Try your local church or particular place of worship. If none of these exist for you, just look to the sky and begin appreciating.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#31 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

Just wondering when isn't dats appreciated? I think it goes w/o saying that he is and should always be appreciated :) Goes for Lidstrom as well.

#32 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

If they made Datsyuk sheets i'd sleep on his face every night. I wouldn't say that about just anyone. I love you Pav!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#33 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Basically every GDT is a Pavel Datsyuk appreciation thread. Though I can understand the desire to have a dedicated one.

I said this a few seasons ago, I'll say it now, and I'll say it again in another few seasons - Pavel Datsyuk is going to be, when all is said and done, one of the greatest hockey players to EVER put on the Winged Wheel. Period. Yzerman, Howe, Lidstrom, Sawchuk, Lindsay, Delvecchio, Abel, Datsyuk. He belongs in that group. We've been utterly and completely spoiledf****** rotten watching him play all these seasons.

Dude's money. Cash money. Cold hard cash money.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#34 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

700 points in 706 games.

Not bad.

#35 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

Datsyuk is currently tied for fourth in the league in points with 49. He's only three points behind the league leading Henrik Sedin.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 16 January 2012 - 10:53 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#36 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

"Heís the best two-way player in hockey, bar none," Babcock said. "Thatís because of his commitment without the puck and his faceoffs and his strength and his battle level and all the intangible things he has beside his skill set and his vision.

"Those things are God-gifted, the other stuff heís earned."

#37 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

Basically every GDT is a Pavel Datsyuk appreciation thread. Though I can understand the desire to have a dedicated one.

I said this a few seasons ago, I'll say it now, and I'll say it again in another few seasons - Pavel Datsyuk is going to be, when all is said and done, one of the greatest hockey players to EVER put on the Winged Wheel. Period. Yzerman, Howe, Lidstrom, Sawchuk, Lindsay, Delvecchio, Abel, Datsyuk. He belongs in that group. We've been utterly and completely spoiledf****** rotten watching him play all these seasons.

Dude's money. Cash money. Cold hard cash money.

Exactly. And I know Fedorov was a damn good player for the Wings as well and was a definite contributor to the cups, but guys like him and Shanahan have played elsewhere. I think there is new criteria for jersey retirement, you'd have to play your entire career with a Red Wing at the very least. And Datsyuk will definitely retire here. His number deserves to go up the rafters more than Shanny and Sergei imo.

bringit.jpg

#38 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

"He's the best two-way player in hockey, bar none," Babcock said. "That's because of his commitment without the puck and his faceoffs and his strength and his battle level and all the intangible things he has beside his skill set and his vision.

"Those things are God-gifted, the other stuff he's earned."

What an absolutely awesome quote, especially the last line.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#39 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

To call him amazing is like calling the Grand Canyon a hole in the ground. There are no words to adequately describe either one of those phenomenons.
Posted Image

#40 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Pavel is the best 2 way player in the game by far, it's not even close. He is amazing, and his work ethic is great. He is worth the price of admission all by it's self.
IPB Image