• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
liloz

Are we Cheering for Tampa Bay now?

Rate this topic

I made a thread about this at the beginning of the year because of Steve.

Personally, I want to root for them, and I kind of am (probably more for Yzerman and Roloson than the team tho). At this point, Vancouver is going to be very hard to beat the rest of the way and I seriously doubt the Lightning or Bruins could handle either team that comes out of VAN-BOS.

I made a thread about this at the beginning of the year because of Steve.

Personally, I want to root for them, and I kind of am (probably more for Yzerman and Roloson than the team tho). At this point, Vancouver is going to be very hard to beat the rest of the way and I seriously doubt the Lightning or Bruins could handle either team that comes out of VAN-BOS.

I don't know about Vancouver. There's something about San Jose this year, they've shaken off some of their demons (as have Vancouver) and are hungry. I feel bad for Boston or Tampa, they will get steamrolled by the West.

But yeah, I'll be rooting for Tampa, but wouldn't be heartbroken to see another Original 6 team in the Finals, either. But how can I not root for the Yzerbolts?

I am not, here is why.

I love TB, and I would love to see them win. I loved that team before Yzerman took over. I don't want to see them win this series. Perplexed?

Officiating. We all know that the calls are going to go in favor of the best money making teams.

The remaining money makers are in order:

1.Vancouver

2.Boston

3.San Jose

4.Tampa Bay

IF Tampa beats Boston, there is practically no chance that they will be given an even playing field against a Vancouver, and only a slight chance they will against a San Jose.

They of course could still beat either team, but these are the teams I want to win in order:

1.Boston

2.Tampa

3.Vancouver

4.SJ

I am rooting full out for the East. You cannot go wrong with whoever wins there.

Stevie, Rolo, St Louis! Wouldn't that feel good? Except for Vinnie, whom I don't like, it is all happy days.

Boston is the same way with the exception of Chara. Plus Timmy, Bergeron, and Savard could get on the cup and God knows they deserve it.

I vote Boston because they will have less chances to win it IMO, and if Vancouver makes it from the West, NHL will push hard for them to win, because they will have 30 million fans to buy collectors crap.

Yes. The only way I wouldn't be would if the Red Wings were still in the playoffs, because I don't root for any team that could beat us in said playoffs. Since that's unfortunately not a consideration anymore, I would love it if Tampa Bay won it all this year. Steve deserves it.

I have thought long and hard about this, and I too am swimming against the tide - Stanley DOES NOT need another tan. Of course I have mad love for Mr. Y, a couple of their players maybe, Roloson has been a huge success this season much to everyone's surprise but Stevie's, but I have to back Boston. They've had a much-too-long dry spell. Once the SCF begin, I have no idea where I'm going then.

Other than the Red Wings I'm not really a fan of any other team. I like some other teams at times but it's usually fleeting. I'm a fan of players and I'm a hater of players. Usually I'm a hater of players who choke and are over-hyped. I can't stand watching and listening to media spit out ridiculous crap about how awesome certain players are only to see them goat it out year after year in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances this year, in the West we will be forced to see either Luongo/Sedins or Thornton/Marleau/Heatley finally make it to the cup finals. Personally I have no problem with either team but to me all of those players have shown numerous times to not be big game players. In the East despite hiccups in the road for players like Tim Thomas and Vincent Lecavalier at least you haven't had the same continual failures that the West stars have. It's realyl a crappy spot for me because there are players I think that are overrated on each of these teams and when one of these teams eventually wins it those/that player will be made out as though they are a playoff hero (just like Marleau is being praised for his game last night) when in fact they were just along for the ride (just like Luongo and Thornton etc were for Canada's Olympic Gold).

I know some of you will say I'm a hater or a homer for the Wings but it's not true. Despite our rivalry with the Hawks when the Wings went out last year I cheered for them because I personally really like Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith. I hope that the players I actually like and/or respect on each of these teams (Ryan Kesler, Martin St. Louis, Ryan Clowe, Logan Couture, etc) do well. But to answer the question of this thread, I will reluctantly cheer for Tampa Bay because despite Lecavalier's struggles over the last few years he is nowhere near the choke artist that several of the other players left in the playoffs are and there are far more good things about the Tampa team than there are about the other three.

I like both EC teams, but Tampa more, obviously, because of Stevie and certain class-act players there. So whoever wins the ECF is who I'll cheer for in the Finals, but I'd rather it was Tampa. Boston's okay, but I can actually sort of get on board with TB a little more. In the West, I'd like to see Vancouver make it to the Finals over the Sharks, but I won't be cheering, or anything resembling that, for either one.

At least there's somebody halfway acceptable to lean toward this year. Chicago and Philly...ugh, it was the ol' "hemorrhoids or herpes" question.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

I don't know about Vancouver. There's something about San Jose this year, they've shaken off some of their demons (as have Vancouver) and are hungry. I feel bad for Boston or Tampa, they will get steamrolled by the West.

But yeah, I'll be rooting for Tampa, but wouldn't be heartbroken to see another Original 6 team in the Finals, either. But how can I not root for the Yzerbolts?

I don't know that the west will steam roll whichever team comes out of the east solely because of the fact that the team out of the east should be much better rested and not near as banged up. I still thing the team from the west will likely win but the road to the SCF is much easier through the east.

Out of the 4 teams left, I'd like to see Boston win, they haven't won since 1972!

In my family we're either Red Wings fans (my Mom's side of the family is from Windsor), or Canucks fans (my Dad's side is from Vancouver), so for Uncles, Aunts, cousins, and even my Grandma, if the Canucks win, I'll be happy for them.

That puts TB 3rd on my list, because San Jose can suck it! :lol:

Seriously though, out of the 4 teams left, I think San Jose has the best shot at winning the Cup.

I'm cheering for both EC teams. Boston is an original six franchise that is suffering a long cup drought, while Tampa has Stevie Y (and Martin St. Louis who is one of the most respectable players in the league). In the WC I'm cheering for San Jose, I hate losing to them but I'll take them over the 'Nucks (Sedins :thumbdown:) and their annoying fans any day.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

nope. going for the Canucks.

gotta show support for my Canadian team :)

I can't cheer for anyone. hockey is done for the season.. GO TIGERS!

+1

I'll follow along, but when my team is eliminated in one sport, it's on to the next sport. Tigers have been playing great lately! Verlander followed his no hitter with a 2 hitter, and the bats are going.