• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
liloz

Are we Cheering for Tampa Bay now?

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I can't cheer for anyone. hockey is done for the season.. GO TIGERS!

Unfortunately I only care slightly about the NFL and much less the other two major leagues (MLB/NBA), so hockey season still lives on for me, beyond the fact that the NHL is not the only source of hockey anyways.

Anyhow, love Stevie Y to death, and I won't cheer against him and his bolt understudy's, but Tampa won the Cup not long ago. Boston.. Vancouver.. I'd prefer to see one of them win than either San Jose or Tampa.

Edited by Shoreline

Here are my rules for rooting when the Wings arent playing (regardless of time of year)

Rule 1. Always root for a loss from Colorado, Chicago, Pitt and San Jose

Rule 2. If none of those teams are in the game then root against Canadian teams

Rule 3. Always root for the team that benefits the Wings

Rule 4. Root for an Eastern conference team if Rule 1 or 2 are in play and Rule 3 doesnt apply.

Emergency Rule 5. Root for the team with as much in common with the Wings.

Since SJ and Vancouver are playing and their wins dont benefit us, I differ to the East. Since no teams in the East benefit the Wings I go to the team with most in common to us. That would be Tampa Bay via The Captain.

Makes it easy to pick teams

Here are my rules for rooting when the Wings arent playing (regardless of time of year)

Rule 1. Always root for a loss from Colorado, Chicago, Pitt and San Jose

Rule 2. If none of those teams are in the game then root against Canadian teams

Rule 3. Always root for the team that benefits the Wings

Rule 4. Root for an Eastern conference team if Rule 1 or 2 are in play and Rule 3 doesnt apply.

Emergency Rule 5. Root for the team with as much in common with the Wings.

Since SJ and Vancouver are playing and their wins dont benefit us, I differ to the East. Since no teams in the East benefit the Wings I go to the team with most in common to us. That would be Tampa Bay via The Captain.

Makes it easy to pick teams

I follow almost the exact same formula, that's spooky

BTW, is Yzerbolts not the greatest nickname for a team you've ever heard?

It just flows, now if only Paul Ysebaert was still playing for them, it would be absolutely perfect!

My preference is for either Eastern team to win the Cup, I can't stomach the thought of Jumbo Choke touching the Cup, nor do I want to have to hear from all of the Canadian fans if Vancouver wins.