• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Hudler's Future

Rate this topic

This is my wish, I hope to maybe see Holland trade Hudler and our first to maybe scoot up a few spots in the draft, but you are probably right, he will get us a 4th or 5th rounder, which is fine, so long as the Hudler experiment is OVER!!!

I have always loved Huds, still do but I do feel the best move for this team is to get whatever they can get for this guy and use his salary as padding to seal a deal on another....Just not sure who...

If we waive him and he is claimed we do not receive any compensation.

If the Wings are really that desperate to get rid of Hudler, he would be traded for some sort of pick and not just given away.

Or for future draft pick considerations if they REALLY wanted him gone. Or just waive him and send him to Russia if no one claims him.

Hudler for Hordi!!!

That would be uuuuugly.

1. Value mismatch

2. Wings already overloaded on bottom 6 forwards even if you remove Hudler

Hordi + pick, maybe, but I'd rather just lose Hordi and make it a better pick.

Hudler's future? On the back of a milk carton, right beside a picture of his offensive production.

Hudler had a slump early in the season that was no worse than Franzen's slump, and better than Modano's entire season. Yet he still ended up in the second-liner range statistically, given his scoring and the fact that most of the players in that scoring range are inconsistent scorers who are equal to or worse defensively than Hudler.

A bad season for Hudler makes him a low-end second liner... I'll take it.

My real question is all of this Vrbata love going around; everyone here who seems to want to replace Hudler with Vrbata, giving Radim between $3m and $3.5m, and putting him with Dats. Yes, Vrbata scored 48 points last season to Hudler's 37. However; based on ES and PP time, Hudler's numbers work out to 14-36-50 if he had played the same ES and PP minutes as Vrbata. Hudler also has had the best career-high single-season points total between the two, and is three years younger. Vrbata and Hudler have almost identical career PPG, with Vrbata playing almost exclusively in a top-two lines role while Hudler played almost exclusively third and fourth line.

Vrbata provides worse defense than Hudler, isn't known for hard work, and is incredibly inconsistent. Hudler has much better future potential, cheaper contract, works harder, and is going to be trying to prove that last season's problems were just that; last season's.

store-pizza2.jpg

He could work here! twirling signs on street corners.

(sorry if it is not a original thought)

A sign small enough for him to be able to twirl cannot be read by passing motorists.

He cannot work inside because you have to be taller than the Little Ceaser cartoon guy (Pizza, Pizza!) to be able to see over the counter, and he is not.

Trade him back to the KHL for whats left of Fedorov.

A sign small enough for him to be able to twirl cannot be read by passing motorists.

He cannot work inside because you have to be taller than the Little Ceaser cartoon guy (Pizza, Pizza!) to be able to see over the counter, and he is not.

Trade him back to the KHL for whats left of Fedorov.

I'd take Fedorov over most of the crap being suggested by people (Wolski, Vrbata, etc.) because he's actually a solid all-around player who works his butt off.

Hudler had a slump early in the season that was no worse than Franzen's slump, and better than Modano's entire season. Yet he still ended up in the second-liner range statistically, given his scoring and the fact that most of the players in that scoring range are inconsistent scorers who are equal to or worse defensively than Hudler.

My real question is all of this Vrbata love going around; everyone here who seems to want to replace Hudler with Vrbata, giving Radim between $3m and $3.5m, and putting him with Dats. Yes, Vrbata scored 48 points last season to Hudler's 37. However; based on ES and PP time, Hudler's numbers work out to 14-36-50 if he had played the same ES and PP minutes as Vrbata. Hudler also has had the best career-high single-season points total between the two, and is three years younger. Vrbata and Hudler have almost identical career PPG, with Vrbata playing almost exclusively in a top-two lines role while Hudler played almost exclusively third and fourth line.

Vrbata provides worse defense than Hudler, isn't known for hard work, and is incredibly inconsistent. Hudler has much better future potential, cheaper contract, works harder, and is going to be trying to prove that last season's problems were just that; last season's.

Hudler is too small, doesn't skate hard enough at times, and this past year has looked out of place. Often times he would have an open shot and would pass it off. Come on! I don't want that crap on the second line. I'll take Jagr, Cole, Jokinen, Laich, Mursak, etc. over Huds. If you're going to be as small as Hudler, you needt o be able to make it up with foot speed and strength. He lacks both of these, which makes him expendable and overpaid at 2.8 million. Even if he does not get traded this season, he will not be re-signed, because his greedy midget fingers will be grabbing for more money, even though he hasn't acheived enough to even make what he does now.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Would anyone oppose the thought of Hudler to the Isles for Nabakov?

I'd make like a Canucks fan and riot. Happily though. :thumbup:

You can't prorate and extrapolate a player's numbers. It doesn't work like that.

Does Nabakov have to play out his contract next season? If so, yes.

If he is able to negotiate a new one, then no.

The NYI tolled Nabby contract, so Nabby is still under contract.

Would anyone oppose the thought of Hudler to the Isles for Nabakov?

I would be just fine with that, especially if we can get Nabokov to sign an extension for the same cap hit (below 1 million).

That would be ideal as far as backups with starters quality goes.