• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Hudler's Future

Rate this topic

Evidently Brian Burke has said he's willing to discuss his first 3 picks for an established player that can help the Leafs now. If "established...help now" doesn't scream for Kenny to trade Huds off to Toronto, I don't know what does. :ph34r:

Isn't Hudler the anti-Burke type of player?

Why don't we try and figure out how Hudler works in this system instead of all these hypothetical trade situations? I think Hudler can work here but I'm not really sure how yet. If he doesn't than good riddance but the focus should be on player development from a team's perspective rather than just trying to trade everyone and honestly, this is an area that the Red Wings organization does very well at.

Why don't we try and figure out how Hudler works in this system instead of all these hypothetical trade situations? I think Hudler can work here but I'm not really sure how yet. If he doesn't than good riddance but the focus should be on player development from a team's perspective rather than just trying to trade everyone and honestly, this is an area that the Red Wings organization does very well at.

Except Hudler had all season and the playoffs to prove how he fits here. This team needs size, speed, and strength... three attributes that don't exactly describe Hudler. I seriously wish he could work here, but his defection to Russia, in my estimation, likely ruffled some feathers in the organization and a different player returned. Even before Russia, as good as he was, he was streaky at best.

If we can trade Hudler in a package to receive a top 4 d-man or a top 6 forward that better fits the direction the organization would like to take, then why wouldn't you do so? We have some good up and coming prospects and even freeing up a spot for Mursak to play more significant minutes could be beneficial.

Guest Crymson

Hudler shouldn't get moved for garbage. That is the only point Eva makes that is fiercely true. I think he is worth a 2nd round pick at the least.

Based on last season's performance in the regular season and in the playoffs, that's just not so.