• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Death Warrant

Derek Boogaard found dead

Rate this topic

Very sad. The Boogey Man could sure drop the gloves. Matt Carkner's right hand put him out for the season (which was surprising in it's own right), and now his life ends tragically at such a young age.

Edited by Canned Heat

Makes me sad. He was a great player and from what I've heard a great person as well.

Always makes you think when someone dies at such a young age. I can't help but think about something like stimulus, steroids, alcohol, medicines and of course the effect of those brain injuries. You just don't die in 28 unless there's something really wrong. And I don't like the fact that people die because of some sport. Hockey is not bigger than life even if it sounded a cool thing to say.

R.I.P Derek "The Boogeyman" Boogaard.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Wow, shocked. How many players have died young in the last ten years?

Dan Snyder

Alexei Cherepanov

Luc Bourdon

Derek Boogard

Bob Probert

Steve Chaisson

Am I missing some? Really sad.

Sergei Zholtok. Also, I recall one player commiting a suicide. I think he was from Eastern Europe and maybe played for the Rangers, can't remember his name.

edit: Found this: List of ice hockey players who died during their playing career

edit2: The Ranger player from Easter Europe was Roman Lyashenko. Why always the Rangers?

Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest 13GoWings40

Absolute tragedy, condolences to his family and friends. How does this happen to a guy who is only 28 and constantly sees some of the best doctors in the world?

What a loss! Puts things in perspective that players are still human and games are just games. My thoughts and prayers are with the Boogaard family. :(

RIP Boogeyman. The NHL will miss guys like you.