• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Modano

Rate this topic

Hudler homerism is starting to border on ridiculous now, did you guys grow up together?...Hudler's signing was just as unsuccessful as Modano's stint, he was useless for the majority of the season and failed to contribute anything during the most crucial series of the playoffs. If he manages to stay on this team another season, you'll be the only one celebrating .

This. The homerism and leg humping of him almost literally makes my ears ring now. It is beyond numbing and aggravating.

how little Hudler has been able to produce.

Did you know that, despite the fact Filppula has played second line (or even first line at times) for years now, Hudler has only four fewer points in his NHL career in 33 fewer games?

He scored ten points in his first 33 games this season, and he scored 23 points in his last 33 games.

Just saying.

Did you know that, despite the fact Filppula has played second line (or even first line at times) for years now, Hudler has only four fewer points in his NHL career in 33 fewer games?

He scored ten points in his first 33 games this season, and he scored 23 points in his last 33 games.

Just saying.

Filppula 49 playoff points in 86 games. (.057 PPG)

Hudler 31 playoff points in 61 games. (0.50 PPG)

Just saying.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Filppula 49 playoff points in 86 games. (.057 PPG)

Hudler 31 playoff points in 61 games. (0.50 PPG)

Just saying.

How many of Hudler's games were played alongside Datsyuk? Take those last three points and give them to Hudler instead of Filppula, what does the stat line look like?

Hudler 34 in 61 for .56, Filppula 46 in 86 for .53.

And what did it look after game five?

Hudler 31 in 59 for .53, Filppula 46 in 84 for .55

And then you consider that a large majority of their postseason careers has been spent on the same line. Excepting last season and the occasional game or shift when Flip would get promoted or Hudler demoted. Makes you wonder how the numbers would look if Hudler had been getting those promotions.

Every year we won a Cup, we made some move in either the offseason or the deadline that contributed to our Cup effort. Something to change up the team. Didn't have to be anything major either.

The last two seasons, Holland has done nothing at the deadline and hasn't exactly made great offseason signings which kept us competing for Cups. We're still a good team, but hardly Cup competitors when we're getting bounced out of the second round consecutively.

I blame the Modano and Hudler moves on him. Same with Salei. We got slower and older, instead of signing younger players who could fit needs we didn't already have.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Just saying.

For your information, I did know that. I was referring to this season, ya know, the one where Modano played for the WIngs. Since this thread is kinda supposed to be about him..

If you wanna base the argument on career numbers than I would have to say that Modano deserved a spot on the team above quite a few guys.

For your information, I did know that. I was referring to this season, ya know, the one where Modano played for the WIngs. Since this thread is kinda supposed to be about him..

If you wanna base the argument on career numbers than I would have to say that Modano deserved a spot on the team above quite a few guys.

Modano this season:

15 points in 40 games.

14 in his first 33.

14 in his last 33.

Loved Modano, but he should've just retired after what happened in Dallas (SO winner, last home game) and then the tribute in Minnesota. He showed he didnt have anything, and was a waste of money we could've used on either a bigger winger for the bottom 6, or saved money for the deadline.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

Modano not playing is about 19 on the list of problems to address right now.

#1 = OLD, SLOW, SOFT guys who bring no value to the team during the playoffs = Rafalski, Bertuzzi, Holmstrom

We've got to deal with this dead weight for another year, so what's the best way to deal with it?

Modano this season:

15 points in 40 games.

14 in his first 33.

14 in his last 33.[/font]

What? Haha..

Anyways, I think you are missing my original point. Which was that Hudler deserved the spot over Modano in the playoffs. And you seem to be arguing that same point against me somehow. :huh:

What? Haha..

Anyways, I think you are missing my original point. Which was that Hudler deserved the spot over Modano in the playoffs. And you seem to be arguing that same point against me somehow. :huh:

I cut it to 33 to make it comparable to the earlier Hudler/Filppula comparison... 33 is the games played difference between the two. Guess that didn't translate.

But no, definitely, Modano should not have played. In the games he did play, he shouldn't have.

It should have been Mursak instead. Could have gone with:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Abdelkader

Holmstrom/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Filppula/Mursak

Draper/Helm/Eaves

Two quick checking lines with puck skills. Hmmmm....

Wow a .07 difference in points per game.

Crazy.

You obviously didn't read eva's initial post.

If you did, then I pity the fool.

How many of Hudler's games were played alongside Datsyuk? Take those last three points and give them to Hudler instead of Filppula, what does the stat line look like?

Hudler 34 in 61 for .56, Filppula 46 in 86 for .53.

And what did it look after game five?

Hudler 31 in 59 for .53, Filppula 46 in 84 for .55

And then you consider that a large majority of their postseason careers has been spent on the same line. Excepting last season and the occasional game or shift when Flip would get promoted or Hudler demoted. Makes you wonder how the numbers would look if Hudler had been getting those promotions.

Maybe if he were a better player, he'd get these promotions. :thumbup:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Maybe if he were a better player, he'd get these promotions. :thumbup:

Before Hudler left for the KHL in 2009, there was a general consensus on this board that Hudler was better offensively, and that Flip brought better two-way play. So either everyone on this board is stupid over and over again, or you are basing your opinions about what happened in the recent past on the present. A sort of "peek-a-boo" argument, perhaps. I can't see it, it didn't happen!

I cut it to 33 to make it comparable to the earlier Hudler/Filppula comparison... 33 is the games played difference between the two. Guess that didn't translate.

But no, definitely, Modano should not have played. In the games he did play, he shouldn't have.

Cleary/Filppula/Mursak

Draper/Helm/Eaves

I completely agree. Mursak brings more speed, offensive upside, defense and forchecking than Modano does. But I can kind of understand them not wanting to hurt Modano's pride anymore by having Mursak play ahead of him, plus the likelihood of them wanting to get Mursak some more NHL time before throwing him into a situation like that.

Guest Shoreline

Sorry if this has been covered already but I'm really confused as to why he was a healthy scratch 9 out of 11 games? It just doesn't make sence to me at all, Abby or Miller both could/should have been benched for Modano. He's just a different kind of player, goals were what we needed and Mo never had a chance to prove he was worthy. Is this Babcocks "American" dislike we have heard about? I just find some of the choices Babs made this year questionable is all.

If you saw him play you wouldn't be asking this.

Sorry if this has been covered already but I'm really confused as to why he was a healthy scratch 9 out of 11 games? It just doesn't make sence to me at all, Abby or Miller both could/should have been benched for Modano. He's just a different kind of player, goals were what we needed and Mo never had a chance to prove he was worthy. Is this Babcocks "American" dislike we have heard about? I just find some of the choices Babs made this year questionable is all.

If that were true, then Howard wouldn't have been Detroit's starter.

Like Modano, Abby and Miller are both American.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

ut no, definitely, Modano should not have played. In the games he did play, he shouldn't have.

Cleary/Filppula/Mursak

Draper/Helm/Eaves

Now that I completely agree with. To me we shouldve had Mursak up all season; playing Modano was a waste of time when it couldve been better spent on getting Mursak more quickly up to speed.

Edited by Aussie_Wing