• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chelios57

Pre-Modern Era Wings With Cup Photos

Rate this topic

I'm having a hell of a time finding pictures from the early Cup-winning teams. I've pretty much found the 50's ones, but even ones from the 50's and 36/37 teams are hard to distinguish what year it ACTUALLY is. I haven't found a single picture of the '43 team with the Cup.

I probably should also mention I'm looking for pictures of the teams WITH the Cup only! I'm not interested in a picture unless the Stanley Cup is in it as well.

Help is appreciated/needed!

I've found some images, my main problem is different websites claiming different years.

1936cup.gif

(I've seen this one claimed as '36 and '37?)

l.jpg

427717748_o.jpg?nc=863

(I think this is '54)

skinner_july.jpg

(I think this is '55)

SidAbel1950StanleyCup-1.jpg

(I think this is '50)

SawchukCup.jpg

(Not really sure what year this is at all)

THere's a cool video out there, about 50 seconds I think of the '37 crew celebrating on ice with the cup. I saved it to my computer but it's not working at the moment and I can't figure out why. Otherwise you have to pay a hefty fee (50 bucks I think) for this one minute clip from a stock video company.

I'll do some checking on those photos and see if I can't lock down a date for you, too. Some of those are in a few Wings books I have, and I'd trust the books over websites, though even those can be mistaken.

Edited by VM1138

I've found some images, my main problem is different websites claiming different years.

1936cup.gif

l.jpg

427717748_o.jpg?nc=863

(I think this is '54)

skinner_july.jpg

(I think this is '55)

SidAbel1950StanleyCup-1.jpg

(I think this is '50)

SawchukCup.jpg

(Not really sure what year this is at all)

The last one has to be 1952. Abel's last cup with the Wings was 1952, and Sawchuk wasn't the starter in 1950, Lumley was.

The last one has to be 1952. Abel's last cup with the Wings was 1952, and Sawchuk wasn't the starter in 1950, Lumley was.

Good call. Didn't even think about that.

THere's a cool video out there, about 50 seconds I think of the '37 crew celebrating on ice with the cup. I saved it to my computer but it's not working at the moment and I can't figure out why. Otherwise you have to pay a hefty fee (50 bucks I think) for this one minute clip from a stock video company.

I'll do some checking on those photos and see if I can't lock down a date for you, too. Some of those are in a few Wings books I have, and I'd trust the books over websites, though even those can be mistaken.

That'd be awesome. I can't find a single image of the '37 or '43 teams with the Cup in hand.