• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut09

Red Wings transaction rumors...already?

Rate this topic

Hey everyone, just wanted your thoughts on a couple of rumors I've heard since the wings lost in game 7. One was a trade with us sending Valteri Filpula to Phx for Shane Doan. I actually think I like this, but would prefer if it were for Hudler not Filpula. I heard this midday on 97.1 the ticket. And the other was, since Ozzie is probably done and Nabakov is still with the islanders that wed trade a later pick to get nabakov here to back up and push Howie. Let me just say I'm a believer in Howard just so you know where I stand lol. Thanks for the input guys

Hint: This is all speculation and pot-stirring. Teams can't negotiate trades for another couple of weeks; if after the Cup presentation Holland suddenly deals Flip for Doan and a pick for Nabokov, he probably ends up with a fine.

Guest blueadams

Hey everyone, just wanted your thoughts on a couple of rumors I've heard since the wings lost in game 7. One was a trade with us sending Valteri Filpula to Phx for Shane Doan. I actually think I like this, but would prefer if it were for Hudler not Filpula. I heard this midday on 97.1 the ticket. And the other was, since Ozzie is probably done and Nabakov is still with the islanders that wed trade a later pick to get nabakov here to back up and push Howie. Let me just say I'm a believer in Howard just so you know where I stand lol. Thanks for the input guys

1) 97.1 is the worst source ever, on all things sports.

2) i don't think that pheonix - a franchise that's hanging on a thread as it is - is going to trade their captain and best player, even if it makes sense for them long-term as a hockey team.

3) i wouldn't want to trade a good young player (that's still under contract for two more seasons) for an aging one that's going to be an UFA next off-season.

4) no on nabakov. howard's our starting goalie now, and of the future. no need to bring in a high-priced backup to pressure him. i'd rather see us bring over larsson, or sign a league-minimum type (like macdonald, or conklin).

2) i don't think that pheonix - a franchise that's hanging on a thread as it is - is going to trade their captain and best player, even if it makes sense for them long-term as a hockey team.

3) i wouldn't want to trade a good young player (that's still under contract for two more seasons) for an aging one that's going to be an UFA next off-season.

4) no on nabakov. howard's our starting goalie now, and of the future. no need to bring in a high-priced backup to pressure him. i'd rather see us bring over larsson, or sign a league-minimum type (like macdonald, or conklin).

I see what your saying with most of your points but Nabakovs contract is only one year at about 700k. Ozzie was making way more than that so we would get our back up for lesser money

As well as Doan could potentially do in his one year with the Wings (or even if it was a couple if they re-signed him) I don't think I'd like this deal as Phoenix would probably want more. Plus I see a lot of value in Filppula's overall game. This move doesn't seem likely to me anyways.

Also, Nabakov's contract is being tolled to next season. He's on a one year, $570k contract. If the Wings can send a late round pick to the Isles for him I wouldn't be opposed. It would give them a very good back up at essentially the lowest rate possible. Plus, Nabakov showed how much he wanted to play for the Wings so if things went well he very well could return