• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

gritty players I would like the wings to sign

Rate this topic

what about a trade something like this

TO Bos : Jiri Hudler, 1st Round Pick(24th)

To Det : Greg Campbell, 1st Round Pick(9th)

Huder- 73GP 10G 27A -7

Campbell- 80GP 13G 16A +11

We would get back a gritty guy with a little size, good on the PK,fights,hits and has some offence and the Bruins would get back a more offensive guy that they could defintly use right now Hudler could also play on the Bruins PP which they do need. Also we would be saving some more Cap and could use it to bring in another top 6 guy UFA

Unless I missed the press conference where Eva was named Boston's new GM, Hudler and our 1st wouldn't likely get us the #9 pick by itself, much less a decent all-around player like Campbell as well.

Other than that it'd be a decent move. Maybe change to swapping 2nd rounders (Det 55 - Bos 40).

(And if Eva is Boston's GM, have him throw in Seguin, Boychuk, and Rask. And change our 1st to a 5th.)

With Mursak and Emmerton out of options I don't really see room for a forward signing. Depending on how Tatar does this summer and in camp you could add him to that list too...

Yeah, this is sort of the rub. I thought Mursak showed some promise, especially using his speed with Helm's. I didn't see enough of Emmerton to make a judgement but regardless, it's hard to keep seeing prospects shipped away to other teams because of lack of roster space. At some point, I think the Wings need to keep some room to start working on some of the younger guys even in the playoffs, like they did with Helm and Abdelkader. Especially for any potential top-six skill type players e.g. Tatar. Even if he or others don't develop to that level in the end, they've got to take the shot because Datsyuk, Zetts and Franzen won't be around forever no matter what their contracts say.

All that being said, I still really think the roster as a whole needs more grit and toughness. If that means clearing some of our borderline, "depth" pieces, I think the tradeoff is worth it even if it means seeing players I like shipped out. I'd rather have some big, physical grinders to protect our skill kids as they develop.

Again we see why you want him on the team, you wouldn't care if he put up 5 points so long as he would drop the gloves, and in the process you would drop a player who is a very good PKer and a guy who has shown he can play at a 20 point pace (Miller had he played 82 games would have had 23 points both of the last two seasons)and is 3 years younger. I take track record over forum member's projections.

No I want a guy who can drop the gloves and do something else for a team. Konopka is that guy, wouldnt I be sitting here saying sign Mcgratton or Mcintyre if I just wanted a fighter since those are 2 of the toughest guys in the league?

Konopka is the best faceoff man, most active fighter, solid defensively and can throw a hit.

Drew Miller has an edge of probably 5 or 6 points a year offensively (barely anything), is solid defensively, is 180 pounds and not physical.

Both guys are decent PKers.

They seem like players of similar value to a team, it just depends what your team has. Detroit has no big, tough forwards that can wear down other teams defenses really and with Draper going they dont really have a guy you could for sure count on taking a draw late in a game. They also dont have any really willing fighters. All of these things point to Konopka providing things the wings lack.

Miller is a good PKer, just like almost every wing forward not named Hudler, and 5 or 6 points doesnt really make up the difference that Konopka would provide other things

With Mursak and Emmerton out of options I don't really see room for a forward signing. Depending on how Tatar does this summer and in camp you could add him to that list too (but I think the Wings will let his situation play out carefully so he isn't rushed to the NHL too early). A gritty depth signing might be in order if we can't keep Miller and Eaves, though.

From what I've read Zenon Konopka is a fantastic character guy who teammates love to have around. How's his skating?

Emmerton has 1 more year of options, according to capgeek... (nevermind that, I am not quite sure how to figure it out, I thought I had it, but I guess I don't)

With Hudler being traded (yes, I am living in my world, so leave me alone) they should be able to re-sign both Miller and Eaves as well as bring up Mursak AND find someone who can put the puck in the net to play on the first line...

Unless I missed the press conference where Eva was named Boston's new GM, Hudler and our 1st wouldn't likely get us the #9 pick by itself, much less a decent all-around player like Campbell as well.

Other than that it'd be a decent move. Maybe change to swapping 2nd rounders (Det 55 - Bos 40).

(And if Eva is Boston's GM, have him throw in Seguin, Boychuk, and Rask. And change our 1st to a 5th.)

that wouldn't be a bad deal for Detroit, Hudler and 1st for the #9 overall, but I agree, Hudler isn't worth it...

Edited by LeftWinger

But would that be the second they give to TML for making the SC final?

I don't hate Campbell's work ethic, and Hudler's recent record of not really fitting in to the team concept would fit in well with some of Boston's recent acquisitions (cough Kaberle, cough cough). With Cambell, we also wouldn't have to worry so much about suspensions and such. :hehe:

Some of the only realistic options include Tardiff and Upshall. If Mitch was two or three more years along I'm sure it'd be him.

Why is Tardif, who hasnt played an NHL game yet more realistic than signing Konopka or Mccormick for around 800,000 or something?

With Mursak and Emmerton out of options I don't really see room for a forward signing. Depending on how Tatar does this summer and in camp you could add him to that list too (but I think the Wings will let his situation play out carefully so he isn't rushed to the NHL too early). A gritty depth signing might be in order if we can't keep Miller and Eaves, though.

From what I've read Zenon Konopka is a fantastic character guy who teammates love to have around. How's his skating?

Well Emmerton might be going the route of Ritola this upcoming season. And as for Konopka's skating, hes no slug, contrary to what some people on here would say but hes an average skater who can take a regular shift for any team and can skate well enough to PK.

With Boogaard's passing, MacIntyre is now the top fighter hugger in the game. I think Edmonton will likely keep him around.

Fixed it for you. :cool:

Well Emmerton might be going the route of Ritola this upcoming season. And as for Konopka's skating, hes no slug, contrary to what some people on here would say but hes an average skater who can take a regular shift for any team and can skate well enough to PK.

In that case I'd be happy to see him come here. We could use another big body who can punish the opposing d and it really helps that he's strong on face-offs.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

In that case I'd be happy to see him come here. We could use another big body who can punish the opposing d and it really helps that he's strong on face-offs.

Tell Ivanans that Big Mac is a hugger lol, are you sure youre not mixing him up with Stortini?

And yeah if he was a useless player I wouldnt be saying he should come here, regardless of what some posters on here think, I dont just want an enforcer or else I would be saying we should sign Mac.

Zenon Konopka.

Gritty, tough, fights... annnnnd wins Face-offs. There, see? Not totally useless. Sign him up, Kenny!

Otherwise...? Is Arron Asham a FA this year? Yes? Well, there ya' go. No off-season discussion would be complete without his name in the cards, amirite?

MacIntyre has laid too many people out to be called a hugger.

:yowza:

Sorry, I got excited at the mention of his name.

I knew you liked that. He knows the system to a "T" and is the consummate teammate. IF he isn't the 12th forward, I'd really like to see him as the 13th forward. If Mark Mowers can make the Red Wings, I don't see why Tardiff shouldn't get his shot.