Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Subliminal Sidney Crosby Messages in NHL commercials?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

That NHL playoffs commercial that has been airing...the one that ends with a look at the stanley cup (with a red/yellow-ish backdrop, i think).

My friend thought he saw something weird, so we re-wound the tivo and paused it..

Sure enough, "Sidney Crosby" is the only visible name on the cup.

#2 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Great! And to think I forgot he was even in the league anymore Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#3 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

As we know, because Crosby is injured, he gets no attention in NHL commercials.

Honestly tho, when I read OP I asked.. "so?"...

Do we have this much penis envy over the attention he gets? :violin:

#4 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

There's some people in the Toronto media that think Crosby's done. Apparently he's stopped skating because of headaches.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#5 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

There's some people in the Toronto media that think Crosby's done. Apparently he's stopped skating because of headaches.

Good. Little bastard.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#6 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

Do we have this much penis envy over the attention he gets? :violin:

Around here? Yes, and the some.

#7 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

The same ones that plan the parade route for the Leafs annually?? :lol:

I would be shocked if he was done. I just guess certain players handle these things differently and no concussion is the same. We shall wait and see.

#8 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

The same ones that plan the parade route for the Leafs annually?? :lol:

I would be shocked if he was done. I just guess certain players handle these things differently and no concussion is the same. We shall wait and see.

:thumbup: to the first comment.

Yea I agree, that's how I feel, just wait and see. However, this has been a long recovery. But then again, in Baseball it took Aaron Hill and Justin Morneau a year to comeback.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#9 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Yea I agree, that's how I feel, just wait and see. However, this has been a long recovery. But then again, in Baseball it took Aaron Hill and Justin Morneau a year to comeback.

And I know certain hockey players are very tough and have probably played through certain concussions regardless. Lilja's took over a year from the Weber incident and Austin Collie for the Colts had basically 3 concussions and just might come back next year. There is just no telling what effect it will really have.

#10 stallion

stallion

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

Good. Little bastard.

That's pretty f***ed up.

#11 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

He isn't done. Just set back from his recovery.

He will be back to playing at some point. Whether it is next year or afterwards is a different story.

Posted Image

#12 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

he probably stopped skating because the season is over. :hehe:

#13 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

There are a lot of players who stop skating once their team is eliminated from the playoffs ;)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#14 shaeb30

shaeb30

Jimmy Howard's Future 3rd String

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

Good. Little bastard.

Wow... trust me... i hate Cindy Crosby as much as any other Wings fan... but I could never root for someone to get hurt. Especially in the fashion of a concussion. I have experienced 3 concussions in my life, each worse than the last. There is no way i could ever justify being happy that somebody else has one. Plus what would be the point of hating him if he went away just like that....

#15 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

He isn't done. Just set back from his recovery.

He will be back to playing at some point. Whether it is next year or afterwards is a different story.

It's crazy because the hit on Crosby didn't look that bad, and then I read Cleary was cleared of his concussion today. Cleary's looked much worse!

Just one of those things I guess...
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#16 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

It's crazy because the hit on Crosby didn't look that bad, and then I read Cleary was cleared of his concussion today. Cleary's looked much worse!

Just one of those things I guess...

I will let you consider as to why one of those players is ready to go and the other isn't :lol:

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

Good. Little bastard.

No, because if Crosby is done, now we will hear that he's the greatest to ever play the game if only he could have finished his career. Whereas if he finished his career everyone would realize he's just a talented player but not nearly the greatest.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

No, because if Crosby is done, now we will hear that he's the greatest to ever play the game if only he could have finished his career. Whereas if he finished his career everyone would realize he's just a talented player but not nearly the greatest.

Crosby is more then just another talented player... The guy is a beast, is 23 years old, and was on pace for 120 or more points. I hate Crosby as much as the next guy, but he is one of the most talented players of all time. Hopefully he is able to recover and keep putting up monster points like he was this year.

#19 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

Crosby is more then just another talented player... The guy is a beast, is 23 years old, and was on pace for 120 or more points. I hate Crosby as much as the next guy, but he is one of the most talented players of all time. Hopefully he is able to recover and keep putting up monster points like he was this year.

IMO...talented and really good players do it for 5+ years. I think consistency and longevity are the trademarks of truely great players. Furthermore, to be considered the most "talented player of all time", I believe your looking at guys that did "it" for 10+, 15+ seasons. I used to hear the same chatter about players being the "most talented", or could be "greatest of all time" and ultimately end up not even being close. LaFontaine, Lindros, Pavel Bure, D. Hatcher (touted as the best complete package looking size and skill for a D man of All Time...granted that was ESPN and it was pre-CBA), Forsberg, Yashin, Bertuzzi (back in the days with Vanc...used to be touted all the time that he may be the best Power Forward of all time), ....you get the point. None of these players would get on anyone's radar for making anyones "All Time" SHORT list (at least if your sane). Unless you consistently perform year-in year-out, and do this for 10, 15+ seasons....I don't think you'll ever be considered as the best, greatest, most talented, of all time. Let's see where Sid is in 5 seasons....then the conversation may be relevant.

edit: spelling

Edited by Learn2LuvIt, 18 May 2011 - 10:14 AM.

ENJOY THE RIDE

#20 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:13 AM

IMO...talented and really good players do it for 5+ years. I think consistency and longevity are the trademarks of truely great players. Furthermore, to be considered the most "talented player of all time", I believe your looking at guys that did "it" for 10+, 15+ seasons. I used to hear the same chatter about players being the "most talented", or could be "greatest of all time" and ultimately end up not even being close. LaFontaine, Lindros, Pavel Bure, D. Hatcher (touted as the best complete package looking size and skill for a D man of All Time...granted that was ESPN and it was pre-CBA), Forsberg, Yashin, Bertuzzi (back in the days with Vanc...used to be touted all the time that he may be the best Power Forward of all time), ....you get the point. None of these players would get on anyone's radar for making anyones "All Time" SHORT list (at least if your sane). Unless you consistently perform year-in year-out, and do this for 10, 15+ seasons....I don't think you'll ever be considered as the best, greatest, most talented, of all time. Let's see where Sid is in 5 seasons....then the conversation may be relevant.

Did you miss his first 6 seasons?

I can't stand the guy, but you can't act like this is the first year he has put up monster numbers.

Posted Image