• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Subliminal Sidney Crosby Messages in NHL commercials?

Rate this topic

This is just ridiculous.

Is the Crosby disliking over the top in here sometimes? Without question.

However, Carman you should be damned aware by now what you are getting yourself into stroking Crosby's ego often in over-the-top fashion on here in a Red Wings forum. If you want to like Crosby, cool, I have absolutely no problem with that and neither should anybody else in here. But you've been slammed for your over the top stances on him over and over again yet you still do the same thing. Either you don't get it, or you are just trolling or goading people for negative reactions to you on purpose. Either way, it's completely stupid. You should know damned well what you are getting yourself into here by now.

I don't like my actions and opinions be determined by other people's stances.

Edited by Carman

Perhaps the same reason Crosby name is the only one on the Cup is the same reason the NHL refuses to let Phoenix move.... What the NHL wants, the NHL gets. Playing or not, Crosby is still their poster child. Yes, he is up there in PPG, but he is FAR FAR FAR from the most complete player in the league. I for one am sorry he got hurt to the point that he may not play anymore, BUT I am glad that his name won;t be jammed down our throats anymore if he doesn't return. (although sometimes I think Carmen would like Crosby down his throat.) Anyhow, I would like to see this commercial myself, but I don't care if they show his name, because Lidstrom's, name is on there 3 more times than his! We know it, the NHL knows it, and unfortunately as hard as the NHL tries to deny the fact that the Red Wings ARE the best thing in hockey, everyone knows the truth. Show Sid all you want, he will never have more Cups than Nick Lidstrom.....take that to the bank! Oooooooh Yeaaaaaahhh! (RIP Macho Man!)

I don't like my actions and opinions be determined by other people's stances.

Stop it. Stop playing dumb. You know what you get yourself into in here regarding this person or subject, don't even kid yourself otherwise. Do not play the "It's not my fault" or the "But I'm innocent!" game here. It's happened over and over and over again and you go nuts when people react negatively towards you. Well, maybe you have something to do with that as well, not just other people's reactions.

So... in 4 pages, has anyone actually answered the original question?

Why was only Sidney Crosby visible on the Cup? It's pretty blatant. It's not like they just happened to get a shot of the Cup where his name was. Why not some of the great names from the past? Why not just a shot of the Cup? If they just happened to shoot it there, why not show the rest of the team?

Show me a clip and maybe I'll join your "zomg Crosby getting moar attention rage" crusade.

That's a lie. Even if his is the only name showing, who cares?

Edited by Doc Holliday

No, no they don't. Crosby is the best player in this era by a wide margin.

No way, not even close to a true statement. Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Ovechkin. You cannot say that crosby has been the best player by a wide margin. That is just dumb.

Hudlers 11 game stretch had as much of an effect as Crsobys first half pace.

:rotflmao:

EDIT: I'd also like to see a video of this

Edited by Mitchmac33

No way, not even close to a true statement. Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Ovechkin. You cannot say that crosby has been the best player by a wide margin. That is just dumb.

Ovechkin has regressed. Datsyuk is close, but there is no way you are basing this on the last two seasons when Ovechkin lost out on the Richard to Crosby/Stamkos and when Crosby went down lost it to Perry.

That is Ovechkin's whole allure. He is a crazy goal scorer, and hasn't improved in that department. Call it the system or his linemates, but he has not been getting it done, and has not been improving at the same rate Crosby has.

Datsyuk has done great, but at the same time Crosby this season had 66 points in 41 games to Datsyuk's 59 in 56. And 109 in 81 to 70 in 80 the past year. Defensivly Datsyuk has had the edge but you really have to consider that Crosby has improved in that department and closed the gap.

Carman may be over exaggerating but it is hard to disagree with the notion that *gasp* Crosby is the best player currently in the league.

Guest Save The Octopus

Has anyone actually seen this commercial? Are we even talking about the commercial anymore?

Show me a clip and maybe I'll join your "zomg Crosby getting moar attention rage" crusade.

That's a lie. Even if his is the only name showing, who cares?

My crusade? Excuse me? I'm just asking why in 4 pages no one answered the original question. I've seen the commercial. You do see Sidney highlighted.

If the rest of the world would like to post for another 4 pages of Sidney-bashing with a sprinkling of Sidney-love and a few hissy fits thrown in, that's cool with me.

I was just wondering why Crosby, which was the actual topic of this thread. I am not on a crusade. Stop putting words in my mouth and acting like this is all my doing. I am not the OP. Excuse me for actually discussing the question put forth.

My crusade? Excuse me? I'm just asking why in 4 pages no one answered the original question. I've seen the commercial. You do see Sidney highlighted.

If the rest of the world would like to post for another 4 pages of Sidney-bashing with a sprinkling of Sidney-love and a few hissy fits thrown in, that's cool with me.

I was just wondering why Crosby, which was the actual topic of this thread. I am not on a crusade. Stop putting words in my mouth and acting like this is all my doing. I am not the OP. Excuse me for actually discussing the question put forth.

Well for starters you should have asked why the commercial hasn't turned up? Since it is hard to discuss something that we can't even see.

So how about that new bigfoot picture that I won't actually show you but expect you to discuss?

Ovechkin has regressed. Datsyuk is close, but there is no way you are basing this on the last two seasons when Ovechkin lost out on the Richard to Crosby/Stamkos and when Crosby went down lost it to Perry.

That is Ovechkin's whole allure. He is a crazy goal scorer, and hasn't improved in that department. Call it the system or his linemates, but he has not been getting it done, and has not been improving at the same rate Crosby has.

Datsyuk has done great, but at the same time Crosby this season had 66 points in 41 games to Datsyuk's 59 in 56. And 109 in 81 to 70 in 80 the past year. Defensivly Datsyuk has had the edge but you really have to consider that Crosby has improved in that department and closed the gap.

Carman may be over exaggerating but it is hard to disagree with the notion that *gasp* Crosby is the best player currently in the league.

I don't disagree with you at all. Crosby is an amazing hockey player and at times the best player in the league. Obviously people are going to go through times when they are playing better than others. But the only thing i was arguing about was to say that Crosby is the best by a wide margin is a little too extreme.

Well for starters you should have asked why the commercial hasn't turned up? Since it is hard to discuss something that we can't even see.

So how about that new bigfoot picture that I won't actually show you but expect you to discuss?

Ah, I see. You haven't seen it. It never occurred to me to ask to view a commercial that I had already seen. I would have thought that the people who haven't seen it would be the ones asking for it. I guess you'd rather just jump in and make assumptions. Why let knowledge of the topic (or in my case, the people posting) dictate your opinion?

I'll just wait until someone posts the commercial. Until then, this is (in my mind anyway) just another Crosby thread. I've had my say on those in the past, so I'm out. Enjoy.

Ah, I see. You haven't seen it. It never occurred to me to ask to view a commercial that I had already seen. I would have thought that the people who haven't seen it would be the ones asking for it. I guess you'd rather just jump in and make assumptions. Why let knowledge of the topic (or in my case, the people posting) dictate your opinion?

Oh okay, so you have trouble reading what I wrote? I never said you should be asking to view it, but try to contribute to the discussion so that everyone involved could be a part of it with full knowledge of the material.

And I am not asking for it because, like I said before, I couldn't care less about the attention Crosby is getting. It surprises me that people continue to be up in arms about stupid Crosby getting media attention. GET. OVER. IT.

Oh okay, so you have trouble reading what I wrote? I never said you should be asking to view it, but try to contribute to the discussion so that everyone involved could be a part of it with full knowledge of the material.

And I am not asking for it because, like I said before, I couldn't care less about the attention Crosby is getting. It surprises me that people continue to be up in arms about stupid Crosby getting media attention. GET. OVER. IT.

Oh, saying "Well for starters you should have asked why the commercial hasn't turned up?" in no way implies that I should ask for it. Yeah.

Then you tell me I'm on an anti-Crosby crusade. I'm not.

Now you say you won't ask and don't care less, but you get bent that I am asking what people think in a thread that someone else started? What is up with you?

If people want to love/hate Crosby or love/hate the people who love/hate Crosby, fine. If the topic is a commercial, and I happen to have seen it, I will comment on it. You need not agree with me. You need not disagree with me. But you definitely need not be disagreeable.

You get over it.