• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Subliminal Sidney Crosby Messages in NHL commercials?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

That NHL playoffs commercial that has been airing...the one that ends with a look at the stanley cup (with a red/yellow-ish backdrop, i think).

My friend thought he saw something weird, so we re-wound the tivo and paused it..

Sure enough, "Sidney Crosby" is the only visible name on the cup.

Guest Shoreline

As we know, because Crosby is injured, he gets no attention in NHL commercials.

Honestly tho, when I read OP I asked.. "so?"...

Do we have this much penis envy over the attention he gets? :violin:

There's some people in the Toronto media that think Crosby's done. Apparently he's stopped skating because of headaches.

The same ones that plan the parade route for the Leafs annually?? :lol:

I would be shocked if he was done. I just guess certain players handle these things differently and no concussion is the same. We shall wait and see.

The same ones that plan the parade route for the Leafs annually?? :lol:

I would be shocked if he was done. I just guess certain players handle these things differently and no concussion is the same. We shall wait and see.

:thumbup: to the first comment.

Yea I agree, that's how I feel, just wait and see. However, this has been a long recovery. But then again, in Baseball it took Aaron Hill and Justin Morneau a year to comeback.

Yea I agree, that's how I feel, just wait and see. However, this has been a long recovery. But then again, in Baseball it took Aaron Hill and Justin Morneau a year to comeback.

And I know certain hockey players are very tough and have probably played through certain concussions regardless. Lilja's took over a year from the Weber incident and Austin Collie for the Colts had basically 3 concussions and just might come back next year. There is just no telling what effect it will really have.

There's some people in the Toronto media that think Crosby's done. Apparently he's stopped skating because of headaches.

He isn't done. Just set back from his recovery.

He will be back to playing at some point. Whether it is next year or afterwards is a different story.

Good. Little bastard.

Wow... trust me... i hate Cindy Crosby as much as any other Wings fan... but I could never root for someone to get hurt. Especially in the fashion of a concussion. I have experienced 3 concussions in my life, each worse than the last. There is no way i could ever justify being happy that somebody else has one. Plus what would be the point of hating him if he went away just like that....

He isn't done. Just set back from his recovery.

He will be back to playing at some point. Whether it is next year or afterwards is a different story.

It's crazy because the hit on Crosby didn't look that bad, and then I read Cleary was cleared of his concussion today. Cleary's looked much worse!

Just one of those things I guess...

It's crazy because the hit on Crosby didn't look that bad, and then I read Cleary was cleared of his concussion today. Cleary's looked much worse!

Just one of those things I guess...

I will let you consider as to why one of those players is ready to go and the other isn't :lol:

Good. Little bastard.

No, because if Crosby is done, now we will hear that he's the greatest to ever play the game if only he could have finished his career. Whereas if he finished his career everyone would realize he's just a talented player but not nearly the greatest.

No, because if Crosby is done, now we will hear that he's the greatest to ever play the game if only he could have finished his career. Whereas if he finished his career everyone would realize he's just a talented player but not nearly the greatest.

Crosby is more then just another talented player... The guy is a beast, is 23 years old, and was on pace for 120 or more points. I hate Crosby as much as the next guy, but he is one of the most talented players of all time. Hopefully he is able to recover and keep putting up monster points like he was this year.

Crosby is more then just another talented player... The guy is a beast, is 23 years old, and was on pace for 120 or more points. I hate Crosby as much as the next guy, but he is one of the most talented players of all time. Hopefully he is able to recover and keep putting up monster points like he was this year.

IMO...talented and really good players do it for 5+ years. I think consistency and longevity are the trademarks of truely great players. Furthermore, to be considered the most "talented player of all time", I believe your looking at guys that did "it" for 10+, 15+ seasons. I used to hear the same chatter about players being the "most talented", or could be "greatest of all time" and ultimately end up not even being close. LaFontaine, Lindros, Pavel Bure, D. Hatcher (touted as the best complete package looking size and skill for a D man of All Time...granted that was ESPN and it was pre-CBA), Forsberg, Yashin, Bertuzzi (back in the days with Vanc...used to be touted all the time that he may be the best Power Forward of all time), ....you get the point. None of these players would get on anyone's radar for making anyones "All Time" SHORT list (at least if your sane). Unless you consistently perform year-in year-out, and do this for 10, 15+ seasons....I don't think you'll ever be considered as the best, greatest, most talented, of all time. Let's see where Sid is in 5 seasons....then the conversation may be relevant.

edit: spelling

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

IMO...talented and really good players do it for 5+ years. I think consistency and longevity are the trademarks of truely great players. Furthermore, to be considered the most "talented player of all time", I believe your looking at guys that did "it" for 10+, 15+ seasons. I used to hear the same chatter about players being the "most talented", or could be "greatest of all time" and ultimately end up not even being close. LaFontaine, Lindros, Pavel Bure, D. Hatcher (touted as the best complete package looking size and skill for a D man of All Time...granted that was ESPN and it was pre-CBA), Forsberg, Yashin, Bertuzzi (back in the days with Vanc...used to be touted all the time that he may be the best Power Forward of all time), ....you get the point. None of these players would get on anyone's radar for making anyones "All Time" SHORT list (at least if your sane). Unless you consistently perform year-in year-out, and do this for 10, 15+ seasons....I don't think you'll ever be considered as the best, greatest, most talented, of all time. Let's see where Sid is in 5 seasons....then the conversation may be relevant.

Did you miss his first 6 seasons?

I can't stand the guy, but you can't act like this is the first year he has put up monster numbers.

edit: spelling

Umm...

Crosby's stat lines from the past 6 (that's six, as in one more than five) seasons:

39-63-102

36-84-120

24-48-72 (in only 53 games)

33-70-103

51-58-109

32-34-66 (in only 41 games)

Sounds like he's doing it pretty consistently for 5+ years to me. As a matter of fact, he's only getting better.

There are a lot of players who stop skating once their team is eliminated from the playoffs ;)

Oh shoot, I thought it was because he was posing for pictures at Cannes. All those camera flashes can't be good for his headaches. :P

Umm...

Crosby's stat lines from the past 6 (that's six, as in one more than five) seasons:

39-63-102

36-84-120

24-48-72 (in only 53 games)

33-70-103

51-58-109

32-34-66 (in only 41 games)

Sounds like he's doing it pretty consistently for 5+ years to me. As a matter of fact, he's only getting better.

Ummm,

To to give you a heads up, some folks...a good amount of folks....don't even think he's the best player in the league right now, and hasn't been better than AO the last few years (and I bet there are a few people here that may argue that Dats is a better player). Although that is very, very debatable, it's reality. Again, all I'm saying is that doing what he's done for 6 seasons is phenominal. However, way too early to start putting All Time label's on him (most talented of All Time, best player of All Time, etc...). Really great player now, will he keep it up for another 5-10 seasons...no one knows (and I mean no one!). It's ridiculous to start putting him in the conversatoin with Gretzky, Howe, Orr, The Rocket, Mario....these are the guys that are in the All Time conversation. Not a 23 year old - 6 season-in player. He'll start to get that recognition if he can keep his performance up for another 5+ years. But you'd be crazy to throw him in that conversation at this time. Really crazy. Again though, some people don't think he's the best player in the NHL right now!

btw...the basis of this post is not to debate who is the best player right now. The basis is simply retorting the All Time label a previous poster claimed.

No one is putting an All-time label on him now, but he's one of the few players in this generation that have the ability to do so. He's on the pace to be one.

The NHL will suffer so very much if Crosby does not recover 100%. Crosby will be the reason the NHL will be successful league or fall back into the shadows