Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Subliminal Sidney Crosby Messages in NHL commercials?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

No, no they don't. Crosby is the best player in this era by a wide margin.

Wide margin? ?? Who had more points this season? AO won the Hart twice...Sid once. Wide margin? Look at how many times Wayne, Gordie, and Mario won the Hart...a ton of times each. AO has Sid beat on this. I take Cups, Olympic medals, WJ's, etc. out of my consideration on this because those are team accomplishments. I don't know who I think is better of the two (I think I'd actually take Dats over them both...that's just me though) but there are a lot of folks who think AO is a better player. Yes, yes they do.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#42 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Wide margin? ?? Who had more points this season? AO won the Hart twice...Sid once. Wide margin? Look at how many times Wayne, Gordie, and Mario won the Hart...a ton of times each. AO has Sid beat on this. I take Cups, Olympic medals, WJ's, etc. out of my consideration on this because those are team accomplishments. I don't know who I think is better of the two (I think I'd actually take Dats over them both...that's just me though) but there are a lot of folks who think AO is a better player. Yes, yes they do.

+1 to that sir.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#43 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

I like to eliminate factors that don't support my arguments too.

#44 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

So are you saying that Quick was a factor to the team's finish in Vancouver? Or Thomas for that matter? No those things he posted are team accomplishments like he said. It holds water.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game

#45 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

So are you saying that Quick was a factor to the team's finish in Vancouver? Or Thomas for that matter? No those things he posted are team accomplishments like he said. It holds water.

Pretty sure the goalies don't have as much impact as the first line center playing 20+ minutes.

#46 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Oh, so are your talking about the Sidney Crosby hockey team? To be honest, I've never heard of that team. I thought we were talking about individual players and their individual performance and place in the history books. Well in that case, we should talk about the Joe Sakic hockey team, or the Chris Pronger hockey team, or the Martin St. Louis hockey team. They have as much Team hardware as Sid does and in in some cases more...(Pssst...they also have a Hart trophy too) ?..... Are these players "The Best" of any era in your book then?? jeez you just made my point for me. Too easy.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#47 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

Pretty sure the goalies don't have as much impact as the first line center playing 20+ minutes.

Tell that to Team USA Ryan Miller.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick, 18 May 2011 - 08:18 PM.

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game

#48 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

Tell that to Team USA Ryan Miller.

I meant back up goalies*

#49 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

I meant back up goalies*

Of course... <_<

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game

#50 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

Of course... <_<

I figured it was implied considering your examples of Thomas and Quick in reference to Team USA.

#51 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

They were just the ones who came to mind then and there. But hell Masalskis played great for Latvia, but the team fell on their faces. I just think you are way too quick to crown him, especially while Ovie is playing better hockey than Crosby, and has been for a while.

But the point of the matter is, it is a team sport. One player can't carry a team like some want to believe. If you notice the Pens didn't do half bad after he went down for the year either.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick, 18 May 2011 - 08:40 PM.

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game

#52 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

They were just the ones who came to mind then and there. But hell Masalskis played great for Latvia, but the team fell on their faces. I just think you are way too quick to crown him, especially while Ovie is playing better hockey than Crosby, and has been for a while.

But the point of the matter is, it is a team sport. One player can't carry a team like some want to believe. If you notice the Pens didn't do half bad after he went down for the year either.

Up until this season that may have been true.

I don't even really know what this is about anymore though, other than another stupid thread about how much Crosby sucks.

#53 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:26 AM

:thumbup: to the first comment.

Yea I agree, that's how I feel, just wait and see. However, this has been a long recovery. But then again, in Baseball it took Aaron Hill and Justin Morneau a year to comeback.

how can you injure yourself playing baseball????
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#54 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

how can you injure yourself playing baseball????

Steroids, or clawing your own eyes out from boredom.

#55 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

I think I'd actually take Dats over them both

That is not just you and you should win the Internet basically. Totally true. Sid is spectacular and a douchenozzle as well, but let's not forget who we have playing for our very own team. Pav's game went to some kind of unearthly level this year.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#56 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

If your ALL TIME GREAT'S list is made up of 10+ players...than yes you may have an arguement. But I believe when most talk about "All Time" anything, most have a very short list (standard list...not in this order: Gretzky, Howe, Mario.....Done!) If you want to run this list into the 15+ or 20+ greatest of All Time players...you may have an arguement. But today he's not in the top 5 of All Time. Probably not even close. But ask yourself this....if you have to go 6+, 10+, 20+ deep into your "All Time" list ....are they really the best/most talented of ALL TIME??? No, not really. Really a great players, yes...is it fun to rank the really great players, yes...All Time- no.
You say you think he's a ******, but in all honesty in think your a fan of his or else I'm mistaken and your defending him blindly and not realizing that a lot of people don't even think he's the best player in the league right now, or even the past few years (ever since AO has turned it on). If you have to argue the notion that you believe he is the better player than AO, and the "gap has been widing before his injury", then he's clearly not "ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATS". You might want to look at the great history of this game and some of the truely "all time greats" players. Even Don Cherry who is a Sid slappy has been quoted as saying "he's not there yet, but by God when I retire he just might be". Further debating that he's better than AO blows up your point.

I said all time talent, not all time greatness.. Its semantica anyway. Talent wise, I would put him up there in the top talented players of all time. Look at his numbers for his career. They are unbelievable. Greatness implies longevity, which he will only achieve if he can stay healthy. But talent is something that can be debated now. And the guys is f***** talented.

#57 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

That is not just you and you should win the Internet basically. Totally true. Sid is spectacular and a douchenozzle as well, but let's not forget who we have playing for our very own team. Pav's game went to some kind of unearthly level this year.

Tru dat. I take Dats one-on-one against anyone...ANYONE!!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#58 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

Weeks and weeks without a Sidney Crosby hate thread... (and yes I think he is a putz but sometimes you get to your tolerance level of seeing the same thing over and over again)

We were doing so well in here...

*sigh*

Carry on.

*shrugs*

#59 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

The NHL will suffer so very much if Crosby does not recover 100%. Crosby will be the reason the NHL will be successful league or fall back into the shadows

I'm sorry. This is just dumb. I know you say these things to troll and then act all innocent and misunderstood after the fact, but there are PLENTY of players in the NHL that are as compelling/marketable as your hero.

#60 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

I'm sure his first half pace had nothing to do with it. You're right.

Hudlers 11 game stretch had as much of an effect as Crosby's first half pace.

Edited by Konnan511, 22 May 2011 - 11:11 AM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".