Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Subliminal Sidney Crosby Messages in NHL commercials?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hudlers 11 game stretch had as much of an effect as Crsobys first half pace.

From Dec. 27 to Jan. 11, there was a ratings drop of 4 million households due in part to the loss of Crosby and Hudler's emergence. The stats can't be refuted.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#62 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

Weeks and weeks without a Sidney Crosby hate thread... (and yes I think he is a putz but sometimes you get to your tolerance level of seeing the same thing over and over again)

We were doing so well in here...

*sigh*

Carry on.

*shrugs*

*shrug* All that happened was it switched from Crosby to Chicago / Toews for a lil bit.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#63 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

how can you injure yourself playing baseball????

I know Morneau got kneed in the head on a play at 2nd base, I'm not sure how Hill got his.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#64 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

how can you injure yourself playing baseball????

Lots of torn hamstrings. Getting beaned in the head also doesn't help. Lots of catchers get injured at home plate collisions.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#65 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

So... in 4 pages, has anyone actually answered the original question?

Why was only Sidney Crosby visible on the Cup? It's pretty blatant. It's not like they just happened to get a shot of the Cup where his name was. Why not some of the great names from the past? Why not just a shot of the Cup? If they just happened to shoot it there, why not show the rest of the team?

#66 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Probably because Crosby is the best playoff performer in the modern era, ppg wise atleast.

#67 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

Probably because Crosby is the best playoff performer in the modern era, ppg wise atleast.

By definition, modern era would include anyone playing since the 16th century. Sid isn't even on that list.

However, if you even want to look at his Playoff PPG during his career....

PPG playoff leaders:
10-11 Didn't play
09-10 2. Crosby (1. Franzen)
08-09 4. Crosby (1. Malkin, 2. Ovechkin, & 3. Getzlaf did better)
07-08 2. Crosby (1. Jagr)
06-07 15. Crosby

You would think to be the best PPG playoff performer of the "modern era", he'd have to be first in the category at least once in his career.

#68 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Career post season points per game of players playing right now.

Feel free keep bashing Crosby, I'm trying to stay away from this. It's just sad to see so many irrational opinions here.

#69 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

Career post season points per game of players playing right now.

Feel free keep bashing Crosby, I'm trying to stay away from this. It's just sad to see so many irrational opinions here.

How am I bashing Crosby? I'm pointing out your delusions based on irrational love.

Right now, well... he didn't play in the playoffs. So anyone who scored a point did better.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 20 May 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#70 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

Does Crosby not have the highest career PPG of active players that have actually played at least a full year of playoffs or not?

#71 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

By definition, modern era would include anyone playing since the 16th century. Sid isn't even on that list.
However, if you even want to look at his Playoff PPG during his career....

PPG playoff leaders:
10-11 Didn't play
09-10 2. Crosby (1. Franzen)
08-09 4. Crosby (1. Malkin, 2. Ovechkin, & 3. Getzlaf did better)
07-08 2. Crosby (1. Jagr)
06-07 15. Crosby

You would think to be the best PPG playoff performer of the "modern era", he'd have to be first in the category at least once in his career.

You must be new to sports?

Your attempts at diminishing Crosby are hilarious. He's a career 1.323 PPG in the postseason. Of active players, only AO is higher. Of course because of the Caps postseason flops his stat is based on 25 fewer games. None of the other guys you mention are even in the ballpark for career PPG.

So yes, Crosby missed being #1 last season to Franzen by .04 ppg, but if I had to choose I'd rather have the player who averages 1.32 PPG in the postseason for 62 games in his career than the one who manages to lead it for 12 games one playoffs.

And for the regular season, Crosby averages 1.388 ppg, which puts him top among active players and behind only Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, and Orr.

Some Red Wings playoff ppg, by comparison:

Zetterberg: .952 (he's the only active Red Wings in the Top 50 all time)
Franzen : .867
Datsyuk: .752

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 20 May 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#72 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

Ohh... so it's career Playoff PPG now. ok....

BTW... I have yet to say anything bad about Crosby. I have always said I think he's a great player.

Quit assuming that because I don't agree with Carman's biased original statement that I'm hating on Crosby.

You must be new to sports?

Your attempts at diminishing Crosby are hilarious. He's a career 1.323 PPG in the postseason. Of active players, only AO is higher. Of course because of the Caps postseason flops his stat is based on 25 fewer games. None of the other guys you mention are even in the ballpark for career PPG.

So yes, Crosby missed being #1 last season to Franzen by .04 ppg, but if I had to choose I'd rather have the player who averages 1.32 PPG in the postseason for 62 games in his career than the one who manages to lead it for 12 games one playoffs.

And for the regular season, Crosby averages 1.388 ppg, which puts him top among active players and behind only Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, and Orr.

Some Red Wings playoff ppg, by comparison:

Zetterberg: .952 (he's the only active Red Wings in the Top 50 all time)
Franzen : .867
Datsyuk: .752

So you agree Crosby is NOT the best PPG playoff performer. Nice! We agree!

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 20 May 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#73 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

So you agree Crosby is NOT the best PPG playoff performer. Nice! We agree!

Aside from the tiny little tidbit of 25 fewer games. Ya know, other than that, yes. Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#74 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

This is just ridiculous.

Is the Crosby disliking over the top in here sometimes? Without question.

However, Carman you should be damned aware by now what you are getting yourself into stroking Crosby's ego often in over-the-top fashion on here in a Red Wings forum. If you want to like Crosby, cool, I have absolutely no problem with that and neither should anybody else in here. But you've been slammed for your over the top stances on him over and over again yet you still do the same thing. Either you don't get it, or you are just trolling or goading people for negative reactions to you on purpose. Either way, it's completely stupid. You should know damned well what you are getting yourself into here by now.

#75 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

There's some people in the Toronto media that think Crosby's done. Apparently he's stopped skating because of headaches.

I think i wave always been very brutal when it came to his name even being mentioned...but sid get well and get back to the game.

#76 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

This is just ridiculous.

Is the Crosby disliking over the top in here sometimes? Without question.

However, Carman you should be damned aware by now what you are getting yourself into stroking Crosby's ego often in over-the-top fashion on here in a Red Wings forum. If you want to like Crosby, cool, I have absolutely no problem with that and neither should anybody else in here. But you've been slammed for your over the top stances on him over and over again yet you still do the same thing. Either you don't get it, or you are just trolling or goading people for negative reactions to you on purpose. Either way, it's completely stupid. You should know damned well what you are getting yourself into here by now.

I don't like my actions and opinions be determined by other people's stances.

Edited by Carman, 20 May 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#77 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

Perhaps the same reason Crosby name is the only one on the Cup is the same reason the NHL refuses to let Phoenix move.... What the NHL wants, the NHL gets. Playing or not, Crosby is still their poster child. Yes, he is up there in PPG, but he is FAR FAR FAR from the most complete player in the league. I for one am sorry he got hurt to the point that he may not play anymore, BUT I am glad that his name won;t be jammed down our throats anymore if he doesn't return. (although sometimes I think Carmen would like Crosby down his throat.) Anyhow, I would like to see this commercial myself, but I don't care if they show his name, because Lidstrom's, name is on there 3 more times than his! We know it, the NHL knows it, and unfortunately as hard as the NHL tries to deny the fact that the Red Wings ARE the best thing in hockey, everyone knows the truth. Show Sid all you want, he will never have more Cups than Nick Lidstrom.....take that to the bank! Oooooooh Yeaaaaaahhh! (RIP Macho Man!)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#78 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

Maybe because he's the only player to EVER win the Stanley cup? Duh!

Might swell rename it the Crosby cup.

#79 Red Winged

Red Winged

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

Crosby thread? UGH.

1936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008

#80 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

I don't like my actions and opinions be determined by other people's stances.

Stop it. Stop playing dumb. You know what you get yourself into in here regarding this person or subject, don't even kid yourself otherwise. Do not play the "It's not my fault" or the "But I'm innocent!" game here. It's happened over and over and over again and you go nuts when people react negatively towards you. Well, maybe you have something to do with that as well, not just other people's reactions.