Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Subliminal Sidney Crosby Messages in NHL commercials?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

So... in 4 pages, has anyone actually answered the original question?

Why was only Sidney Crosby visible on the Cup? It's pretty blatant. It's not like they just happened to get a shot of the Cup where his name was. Why not some of the great names from the past? Why not just a shot of the Cup? If they just happened to shoot it there, why not show the rest of the team?

Show me a clip and maybe I'll join your "zomg Crosby getting moar attention rage" crusade.

That's a lie. Even if his is the only name showing, who cares?

Edited by Doc Holliday, 20 May 2011 - 10:00 PM.

Posted Image

#82 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

No, no they don't. Crosby is the best player in this era by a wide margin.

No way, not even close to a true statement. Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Ovechkin. You cannot say that crosby has been the best player by a wide margin. That is just dumb.

Hudlers 11 game stretch had as much of an effect as Crsobys first half pace.

:rotflmao:

EDIT: I'd also like to see a video of this

Edited by Mitchmac33, 20 May 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#83 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

No way, not even close to a true statement. Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Ovechkin. You cannot say that crosby has been the best player by a wide margin. That is just dumb.

Ovechkin has regressed. Datsyuk is close, but there is no way you are basing this on the last two seasons when Ovechkin lost out on the Richard to Crosby/Stamkos and when Crosby went down lost it to Perry.

That is Ovechkin's whole allure. He is a crazy goal scorer, and hasn't improved in that department. Call it the system or his linemates, but he has not been getting it done, and has not been improving at the same rate Crosby has.

Datsyuk has done great, but at the same time Crosby this season had 66 points in 41 games to Datsyuk's 59 in 56. And 109 in 81 to 70 in 80 the past year. Defensivly Datsyuk has had the edge but you really have to consider that Crosby has improved in that department and closed the gap.

Carman may be over exaggerating but it is hard to disagree with the notion that *gasp* Crosby is the best player currently in the league.

Posted Image

#84 Save The Octopus

Save The Octopus

Rookie

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

Has anyone actually seen this commercial? Are we even talking about the commercial anymore?

#85 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

Show me a clip and maybe I'll join your "zomg Crosby getting moar attention rage" crusade.

That's a lie. Even if his is the only name showing, who cares?

My crusade? Excuse me? I'm just asking why in 4 pages no one answered the original question. I've seen the commercial. You do see Sidney highlighted.

If the rest of the world would like to post for another 4 pages of Sidney-bashing with a sprinkling of Sidney-love and a few hissy fits thrown in, that's cool with me.

I was just wondering why Crosby, which was the actual topic of this thread. I am not on a crusade. Stop putting words in my mouth and acting like this is all my doing. I am not the OP. Excuse me for actually discussing the question put forth.

#86 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

My crusade? Excuse me? I'm just asking why in 4 pages no one answered the original question. I've seen the commercial. You do see Sidney highlighted.

If the rest of the world would like to post for another 4 pages of Sidney-bashing with a sprinkling of Sidney-love and a few hissy fits thrown in, that's cool with me.

I was just wondering why Crosby, which was the actual topic of this thread. I am not on a crusade. Stop putting words in my mouth and acting like this is all my doing. I am not the OP. Excuse me for actually discussing the question put forth.

Well for starters you should have asked why the commercial hasn't turned up? Since it is hard to discuss something that we can't even see.

So how about that new bigfoot picture that I won't actually show you but expect you to discuss?

Posted Image

#87 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Ovechkin has regressed. Datsyuk is close, but there is no way you are basing this on the last two seasons when Ovechkin lost out on the Richard to Crosby/Stamkos and when Crosby went down lost it to Perry.

That is Ovechkin's whole allure. He is a crazy goal scorer, and hasn't improved in that department. Call it the system or his linemates, but he has not been getting it done, and has not been improving at the same rate Crosby has.

Datsyuk has done great, but at the same time Crosby this season had 66 points in 41 games to Datsyuk's 59 in 56. And 109 in 81 to 70 in 80 the past year. Defensivly Datsyuk has had the edge but you really have to consider that Crosby has improved in that department and closed the gap.

Carman may be over exaggerating but it is hard to disagree with the notion that *gasp* Crosby is the best player currently in the league.

I don't disagree with you at all. Crosby is an amazing hockey player and at times the best player in the league. Obviously people are going to go through times when they are playing better than others. But the only thing i was arguing about was to say that Crosby is the best by a wide margin is a little too extreme.

#88 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Well for starters you should have asked why the commercial hasn't turned up? Since it is hard to discuss something that we can't even see.

So how about that new bigfoot picture that I won't actually show you but expect you to discuss?

Ah, I see. You haven't seen it. It never occurred to me to ask to view a commercial that I had already seen. I would have thought that the people who haven't seen it would be the ones asking for it. I guess you'd rather just jump in and make assumptions. Why let knowledge of the topic (or in my case, the people posting) dictate your opinion?

I'll just wait until someone posts the commercial. Until then, this is (in my mind anyway) just another Crosby thread. I've had my say on those in the past, so I'm out. Enjoy.

#89 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

Ah, I see. You haven't seen it. It never occurred to me to ask to view a commercial that I had already seen. I would have thought that the people who haven't seen it would be the ones asking for it. I guess you'd rather just jump in and make assumptions. Why let knowledge of the topic (or in my case, the people posting) dictate your opinion?

Oh okay, so you have trouble reading what I wrote? I never said you should be asking to view it, but try to contribute to the discussion so that everyone involved could be a part of it with full knowledge of the material.

And I am not asking for it because, like I said before, I couldn't care less about the attention Crosby is getting. It surprises me that people continue to be up in arms about stupid Crosby getting media attention. GET. OVER. IT.

Posted Image

#90 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

Oh okay, so you have trouble reading what I wrote? I never said you should be asking to view it, but try to contribute to the discussion so that everyone involved could be a part of it with full knowledge of the material.

And I am not asking for it because, like I said before, I couldn't care less about the attention Crosby is getting. It surprises me that people continue to be up in arms about stupid Crosby getting media attention. GET. OVER. IT.

Oh, saying "Well for starters you should have asked why the commercial hasn't turned up?" in no way implies that I should ask for it. Yeah.

Then you tell me I'm on an anti-Crosby crusade. I'm not.

Now you say you won't ask and don't care less, but you get bent that I am asking what people think in a thread that someone else started? What is up with you?

If people want to love/hate Crosby or love/hate the people who love/hate Crosby, fine. If the topic is a commercial, and I happen to have seen it, I will comment on it. You need not agree with me. You need not disagree with me. But you definitely need not be disagreeable.

You get over it.

#91 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Now you say you won't ask and don't care less, but you get bent that I am asking what people think in a thread that someone else started? What is up with you?

I'm not bent at all. No idea where you get that from.

Posted Image

#92 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

I'm not bent at all. No idea where you get that from.

OK, I get you now. Carry on and have fun.

#93 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

Subliminal messages? As if shoving him in our faces on nearly every commercial anyway wasn't enough.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman