• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

Brad McCrimmon will not return for 2011/2012

Rate this topic

Before I even opened the thread, I had already guessed kook and Edi's reactions. I'm happy they're happy.

Of course I am glad to see change, but it's also partly schtick. I don't think any of us know what his specific responsibilities were with the team, but then again nor do we care. Because the Wings' defense had some glaring deficiencies, he was the obviously the first place to look. No one could convict him of any defensive negligence based on evidence, but someone needs to pay. I am actually surprised because I figured he got a sweetheart deal from the beginning for being Nick's first D partner. On top of it all though, and perhaps more importantly to me, he is good fodder.

sgs9rc.gif

2iszdah.jpg

Edited by kook_10

Holland is apparently on Espn961 now at 3pm ET talking about the Wings offseason plans.

griffinshockey GrandRapids Griffins

Tune in to @espn961 at 3 to hear @DetroitRedWings GM Ken Holland talk about their off-season plans

6 minutes ago

I can't access it cos I'm not in the US though, boo, hiss.

But if anyone wants a listen...

http://www.espn961.com/main.html

Step 1: Fire McCrimmon

Step 2: Hire/Promote new defensive coach

Step 3: sign Ehrhoff/Bieksa

Step 4: Howard plays like he did in playoffs all season...

Step 5: Win Jennings for least amount of goals conceded..

Step 6: ???

Step 7: Make big profit!!!

Bob Boughner anyone? Former NHL defenceman, Detroit's 2nd round draft pick of the 1989 draft. Current assistant coach of Columbus and president and C.E.O of the Windsor Spitfires. His hometown is Windsor, by the way.

Not that it means anything, but he DID just resign his position as the asst. coach in Columbus, so he may be looking for a different place to work....

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=366116

...although it does say he is turning his focus back on the Spitfires....

Edited by LeftWinger

Not that it means anything, but he DID just resign his position as the asst. coach in Columbus, so he may be looking for a different place to work....

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=366116

...although it does say he is turning his focus back on the Spitfires....

This could be a good move...and who knows if the "family and business commitments in Windsor" are the main reason, but if it is, its much less of an issue if he joins the Wings.

I'd like to let Ericcson and Salei walk, Sign Wisniewski, Trade Hudler for Nabokov and then sign Tanguay and Erik Cole....

You had me till Tanguay and Cole. Cole is washed up and Tanguay... soft players that don't shoot won't make this board very happy.

You had me till Tanguay and Cole. Cole is washed up and Tanguay... soft players that don't shoot won't make this board very happy.

I was just going on point production, 22 goals and 47 asst for Tanguay and 26 goals and 26 asst for Cole, which would be good for 2nd in scoring on the Wings for Tanguay and 5th for Cole... They would help more than they hurt... I am also trying to remain a realist when it comes to the Cap. I have a hard time believing it's gonna go up $6M, so I was looking at some change and some help for not too much cash...

I was just going on point production, 22 goals and 47 asst for Tanguay and 26 goals and 26 asst for Cole, which would be good for 2nd in scoring on the Wings for Tanguay and 5th for Cole... They would help more than they hurt... I am also trying to remain a realist when it comes to the Cap. I have a hard time believing it's gonna go up $6M, so I was looking at some change and some help for not too much cash...

Yeah, I don't see how those two would be bad. Tanguay would be #2 on the Wings in points and Cole would be 6th if counting Tanguay. I know everyone wants an Enforcer but I don't get how a twenty goal scorer would hurt.

Edited by MGreenberg

Since day one...

Hell- to the f***- to the yea..

Holland is apparently on Espn961 now at 3pm ET talking about the Wings offseason plans.

I'm also out of the country (Japan)

Can anyone update the developments?

Yeah, I don't see how those two would be bad. Tanguay would be #2 on the Wings in points and Cole would be 6th if counting Tanguay. I know everyone wants an Enforcer but I don't get how a twenty goal scorer would hurt.

Tanguay would score more points than Pav and/or Z?

I pretty much guarantee it has nothing with an enforcer type argument. It's that Tanguay has been consistently considered on every team he has been on to be lazy as s***. This site, this fanbase, this organization needs to rid themselves of these players. Plus, is he really that good anyway???

Tanguay would score more points than Pav and/or Z?

No, I know Pavel would have more points than Tanguay if he didn't get injured. I was going by points people had this season

Edited by MGreenberg

per the official DRW Facebook group:

Assistant coach Brad McCrimmon will not return for the 2011-12 season and will pursue other career opportunities. The entire organization wishes him the best in his future endeavors.

If that doesn't sound like getting canned I don't know what does.

Edited by kook_10

No, I know Pavel would have more points than Tanguay if he didn't get injured. I was going by points people had this season

Gotcha. Still Pavs was over a point per game.

Anyone have a guess as to when we'll find out who is the replacement? Do we have to wait until July 1st? Or is this the kind of thing they can do whenever, or possibly already have someone in mind?

Ugh the offseason can be so agonizing with waiting for news.

-Touched on our playoffs

-Touched on Lidstrom's decision, hope he can make a decision before the draft.

-Touched on Mursak and what he could bring to our team

-Mentioned the first week or so of free agency is where the prime players get the prime dollars, and the other good players that last till around august that didn't get the contract they thought they'd get could be looked at

-Will be looking to improve the team a little bit, so he'll see what's out there through trades and free agency.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Kenny also said that he sat and talked with every player to get feedback on what they think can help improve this team.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

could jiri Fischer be a possibility? not saying he should fill the position, but it could happen someday?

I do know he has been great with our young players and prospects.

Edited by wings1110

Since McCrimmon was hired our defense was never the same. Great news for the fans and the teams present and future success. Wings should really think of hiring a very good coach, we've got kids coming up and they need good coaching. Anyone else think Ericsson's play might have something to do with McCrimmon?

Guest CaliWingsNut

That's interesting. Hopefully he didnt take Ericsson or Hudlers suggestions to heart :ph34r:

It's pretty common to do post season interviews/wrap-up.