201 replies to this topic

#181 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

Kenny being super diplomatic, as always:

"Brad did a great job here," Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said Thursday. "After talking with Mike, and I had talks with Brad, we all felt this was the right time for Brad.

"He wants to be a candidate for the head coaching openings that are available out there."

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#182 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

"He wants to be a candidate for the head coaching openings that are available out there."

We snicker now, but someone thought that Brett Lebda was worth it since he was a Wing. Probably not a head job, but he might get another assistant position.

#183 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

Sorry I am late to the party but two words....... THANK GOD!

#184 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Other than those three, there are Wisniewski, White, Babchuk, and CLITSOME as notable under-30 UFA defensemen..

is that really his name?
mccarty3

#185 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Save it!!!

Posted Image

This reminds of what one of my professors said once "I never saw Blackhawks worn around campus until they started winning."

#186 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,281 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

Wonder if he'll go to Ottawa.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#187 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Other than those three, there are Wisniewski, White, Babchuk, and Clitsome as notable under-30 UFA defensemen.

Let Salei and Ericsson seek other employment and pursue Wisniewski hard and Babchuk as insurance. That'll limit Kindl's numbers, but it keeps Smith in GRR for another full season of 30+ minute hockey...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#188 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

will cheli take over?

#189 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

Wonder if he'll go to Ottawa.

doubt it, Dave Cameron from the OHL probably has that job secured. Hes really close with Melnick.

#190 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

Melnyk is really high on Cameron, but his hiring for the Ottawa job might depend on Mississauga's performance in the Memorial Cup. Last night's start: not so good.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#191 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

I hear Ken Hitchcock is on the market for a job... Could he fit in nicely with Babcock as our Defensive Coach? Didn't they work together at some point (Olympics)?

I'm all for this. Babcock and Hitchcock could play, instead of good cop/bad cop, angry cock/pissed off cock. It'll be perfect!!!

Also, I really want Ericsson to re-sign. I might be the only guy on LGW that supports him, but he's not a bad player, he just needs a little direction... direction that I feel ken hitchcock could provide!

#192 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

I'm all for this. Babcock and Hitchcock could play, instead of good cop/bad cop, angry cock/pissed off cock. It'll be perfect!!!

Also, I really want Ericsson to re-sign. I might be the only guy on LGW that supports him, but he's not a bad player, he just needs a little direction... direction that I feel ken hitchcock could provide!

...Hitchcock would be great! Ericsson can re-sign for $2M or less, I don't even think he deserves $2M, but since it was already offered to him, fine. I just don't get players get raises who haven't earned or don't deserve them. If Ericsson deserves $2M then Helm deserves $5M in comparison to productivity... I would actually prefer to spend Ericsson $2M on someone who is gonna use their body more. Take Ericsson's $2M, add another $2M to it and give Wisniewski a 3 yr deal at $4M each... But that is just me...

ANyhow, Hitchcock would be great here, but (without looking back thru the pages) has anyone played on the names? Two ***** behind the bench... They could change to Paul McCock as well! Boy if we could only make our team meaner and tougher, then when they kick everyone's assess you could say, what do you expect with two ***** coaching them....

edit: duh! right above my post, angry cock, pissed cock... still funny though!

Edited by LeftWinger, 21 May 2011 - 04:08 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#193 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

...Hitchcock would be great! Ericsson can re-sign for $2M or less, I don't even think he deserves $2M, but since it was already offered to him, fine. I just don't get players get raises who haven't earned or don't deserve them. If Ericsson deserves $2M then Helm deserves $5M in comparison to productivity... I would actually prefer to spend Ericsson $2M on someone who is gonna use their body more. Take Ericsson's $2M, add another $2M to it and give Wisniewski a 3 yr deal at $4M each... But that is just me...

ANyhow, Hitchcock would be great here, but (without looking back thru the pages) has anyone played on the names? Two ***** behind the bench... They could change to Paul McCock as well! Boy if we could only make our team meaner and tougher, then when they kick everyone's assess you could say, what do you expect with two ***** coaching them....

edit: duh! right above my post, angry cock, pissed cock... still funny though!

Yeah, in pro sports wages go up like inflation, deserved or not they go up, up, up.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#194 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,281 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hitchcock in Detroit would have possibilities.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#195 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Ericsson here for 1.5mil or less and I wouldn't be pissed (I wouldn't be happy either). Ericsson at 2mil or more, then I'd be pissed.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#196 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Junior hockey head coach might be McCrimmon's true calling. As was said here earlier, I believe, his brother owns the team in Brandon.

Yeah, in pro sports wages go up like inflation, deserved or not they go up, up, up.

Not that I make a lot, but I make 50 per cent more than I did 10 years ago. If the market will bear it, Ericsson will pull down the cabbage.

#197 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

Any offensive geniuses available?

Maybe MacLean should go back to coaching the defense and have someone else run the offense.

#198 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

What's Marty McSorley up to these days?:P
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#199 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

Posted Image Spectacular. LOL of the day by far.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#200 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,281 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

So no McCrimmon and no Rafalski next season.