• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

Brad McCrimmon will not return for 2011/2012

Rate this topic

I woke up, logged onto to facebook to do alittle creepin on what the world is up to this glorious morning and long behold Detroit Sports Nation reports Brad McCrimmon has be fired.... I immediately shout and start jumping like a happy little school girl. My girlfriend looks at me and says "My god what the hell is wrong with you" my immediate response is "MY EARLY BIRTHDAY PRESENT, MCCRIMMON IS GONE." She doesn't exactly understand the importance of this move, but it's okay, I have enough joy about this for the both of us.

As a heterosexual man, I cannot find myself in that thread other than my actual pics.

Just sayin'. wink.gif

You are not risking your masculinity by visiting that thread :P

I think this is a good choice, hopefully we'll get someone in there that will make a difference. Would be nice to see Cheli, he's always been a good mentor when he was playing.

Anyone else think that they'll move MacLean back to Defensive Coach and hire an Offensive guy?

I personally wanted that all along, but MacClean seems to prefer to coach the O, so I don't think they'll move him when he's happy... however, I would be all for it (Gallant for O, hmm, hmmmmmm?)

Beat me to it! :lol: We might need coherent sober coaches on the bench but, I do like his insight and think he would even be an upgrade.

That rules out the Chuck Wagon too, even though I like his strategy...

wow_winning.gif

This is great news!

But I don't get why Hitchcock's name is being mentioned so often. The guy's a Stanley Cup winning head coach with 15 years experience. Why would he want to be second fiddle to Babcock?

Has someone read something somewhere? Or is this another case of "sign Shea Weber!"

This is great news!

But I don't get why Hitchcock's name is being mentioned so often. The guy's a Stanley Cup winning head coach with 15 years experience. Why would he want to be second fiddle to Babcock?

Has someone read something somewhere? Or is this another case of "sign Shea Weber!"

He participated in our camp last fall and is friends with Babs... he could prob make as much $$ as an asst here as he could as a head in another town and who knows, maybe his ego isn't as important as winning to him...

I think Bieksa is being way overrated on these boards. Like others have said, he makes tons of mistakes and would get crucified here worse than Rafalski or Stuart. Better for the Wings to go a more reliable option.

Yah!!!! Finally, a move to put us back into contention. Hopefully, we can break the top 10 defense in the league next season with a competent coach. I bet they have someone in mind. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced someone prior to the SCF's.

True. Why not shoot higher then?

They just know who is available for the position. I still just feel it is more likely to be Cheli, but he might not want to get back into the full activity of the operations as of yet. He does keep that stellar tan all year by jetting to his Cali home often. Regardless, anyone at this point should be an upgrade.

This is great news!

Exactly. Hitchcock is a dream that will never happen. Chelios or Fisher, on the other hand... Fisher is probably too young and inexperienced, and I don't know if he has a relationship with Babcock or if he even wants a job like that. Chelios seems like coach material, though.

I think Bieksa is being way overrated on these boards. Like others have said, he makes tons of mistakes and would get crucified here worse than Rafalski or Stuart. Better for the Wings to go a more reliable option.

Agreed, I'd rather have Ehrhoff every time. Much better offensively (40-50 points each of his last 3 seasons) but has upped his defensive game as well.

As far as McCrummy being gone... :clap::yowza: