• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CaptainCaveMan

Atlanta Thrashers move to Winnipeg

Rate this topic

The Jets will be unveiling their logo this at 5:00pm EST on jets.nhl.com.

There are rumors swirling that this is the will be the logo -

ox5h9.jpg

Here's hoping they are false.

From twitter:

icethetics

Have to get back to work now, but I'll be shocked, and honestly, appalled if that "leak" is true. Won't be able to update blog til later.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. That logo sucks! I guess we'll see what the real deal is in just a few minutes. I hope for an updating of the vintage themes. WTF is that anyway?

Edited by evilmrt

the leaked logo sucks. hope it isn't real.

Agreed. 100%. Someone suggested the idea that maybe this (seemingly) haphazardly scheduled announcement is a reaction to the leak. Perhaps, though, it's a reaction against the leak so that crappy logo doesn't flood the knock off market.

Edit: Already posted.

This logo set is completely terrible. The 3 aren't even cohesive with one another. I can't decide which is worse, the main logo or the wordmark.

Edited by Travis

WOW! The new logos look like amateur-level s***! :thumbdown:

It really is. I think amateurish is probably the best way to describe it. They completely missed the mark with these logos. I can understand some of the thinking behind the symbolism, with the pilot wing secondary and the northern-compass mark on the main logo - but they just failed. Plain and simple.

As if the idea behind the 'jet on the leaf' wasn't lame enough - even the execution sucks. I now have no faith or interest in the jerseys. I was hoping the Thrashers franchise would be freed of crappy aesthetics, but obviously I'm wrong. They would have been better off letting people react to the leak without confirming or denying anything. It would've given them some good insight into fan reaction, which will certainly be negative.

Maybe they'll get the 'Gap treatment' and have to call an audible on the logo.

I think they work really well together... It looks like vintage miltary flyboy stuff. I bet the sweaters will look really clean and like old time hockey.

Also, you know the Goalies will do a great job because they have a target on their chest. All the pucks will hit them right in the logo for sure!!! :lol:

Guest echos myron

The only thing I don't like is that the leaf looks metallic and non-leafy.

I think they work really well together... It looks like vintage miltary flyboy stuff. I bet the sweaters will look really clean and like old time hockey.

Also, you know the Goalies will do a great job because they have a target on their chest. All the pucks will hit them right in the logo for sure!!! :lol:

I mean, that's obviously the direction they were going - which I appreciate - but it could have been much more well executed. They have posted their brand identity on their site. The first slide showing the start of their ideation is a great direction, but displaying that just proves how far off the mark they hit.

They did a really poor job of trying to 'update' the crest in the upper right hand corner of the aforementioned slide. I'm woefully unimpressed by all of it. Maybe they'll do some really classic looking jerseys, but I a strong feeling that they'll try to create and 'updated' version of those, too.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wow. seems like the decision didnt take very long to decide. much like how the franchise relocated from atlanta to winnipeg! :scared:

whats next? Teemu Selanne , Shane Doan, Kris Draper, Nikolai Khabibhulin ALL sign with the jets?! :yowza::clap:

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Maybe I'm not as cool as the rest of you, but I don't see what the problem is with the new logos. Looks better than the old one, IMO. Then again, I'm not angling to be a judge on the next season of Project Runway.

oh i have no problem with them at all really.

just seems the decision was made in like 5 minutes without any real serious thought. i and probably most original jet fans wouldve liked to see at least SOMETHING along the lines of when they were in Winterpeg before. Im not really happy aboot it. It kind of makes me angry inside, but at the same time i guess ill l live.

If anything, make a third jersey SOMEWHAT like the Jets Logo in the 80s. YOu know, so original jets fans can appreciate that they have a team back.

and i think youd make a great judge on project runaway. nothing like going down the runway with Pink Floyd music in the background :cool: :band:

It's all right...I wonder if it wouldn't look better if it said "Winnipeg Jets" on the blue part of the circle. Hmm. I actually really like the one with the crossed hockey sticks in it, myself (I guess that's going to be the shoulder patch?). evilmrt's version of the main one is pretty badass, though, I have to admit.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Maybe I'm not as cool as the rest of you, but I don't see what the problem is with the new logos. Looks better than the old one, IMO. Then again, I'm not angling to be a judge on the next season of Project Runway.

Not really sure what graphic design and fashion design have to do with one another but, I'm finishing up my BFA in Graphic Design as we speak, so I'm extra critical on matters like this. Honestly, though, their just poorly executed. I had high hopes for the new Jets brand and am disappointed in what came out of it.

Guest echos myron

Hahahahaah. Well they didn't retain s*** all from the Thrashers, except for a terrible logo :thumbup: well done True North, not like this logo was AWESOME

wpg.gif

that logo is terrible

the previous incarnation is even worse