• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

#181 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

Shane Doan is the only player left from Winnipeg of 1995-96. He has never been traded and next season he will be playing against Winnipeg.

I'm sure that Doan would love to go back to Winnipeg, but at his current number I'm not sure that's going to happen until his contract is up.

Winnipeg has been slated by the talking heads of hockey as a mid-level budget team around $53-54 million as how much they're going to be able to spend. Additionally they've stated they won't be very aggressive with free-agency and will build through the draft. It's also been noted that it will be hard to lure players there and maybe keep players there because of the city and climate.

They've got almost $36 million dollars locked up for next season for 15 players leaving about $18 million.

Their first major test is going to be if they can get Andrew Ladd to sign a reasonable extension.
He is the team captain and it will be interesting to see if he wants to play in Winnipeg.

Then they've got make decisions on Wheeler, Maxwell, Schremp, Steward, Bogosian and Feasterling as RFAs.
Dvorak, Boulton, and Meyer as UFAs.

Signed Players:

FORWARDS
Nikolai Antropov ($4.062m) / Evander Kane ($3.100m) / Bryan Little ($2.383m)
Alexander Burmistrov ($1.500m) / Jim Slater ($1.000m) / Chris Thorburn ($0.866m)
Patrice Cormier ($0.854m) / Tim Stapleton ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dustin Byfuglien ($5.200m) / Ron Hainsey ($4.500m)
Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.500m)
Mark Stuart ($1.700m)

GOALTENDERS
Chris Mason ($1.850m) / Ondrej Pavelec ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

Budget: $54,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $35,941,666; BONUSES: $3,087,500
CAP SPACE (15-man roster): $18,058,334
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#182 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

From TSN:

The tenure of Atlanta Thrashers President Don Waddell has come to an end.

Waddell said in a Tuesday conference call that he's not moving to Winnipeg with the Thrashers and isn't sure where the next step in his career will lead him.

A guilt-ridden decision?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#183 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

Was watching this old clip of the Jets and noticed someone about half way through....lol

Posted Image

#184 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

I'm sure that Doan would love to go back to Winnipeg, but at his current number I'm not sure that's going to happen until his contract is up.

Winnipeg has been slated by the talking heads of hockey as a mid-level budget team around $53-54 million as how much they're going to be able to spend. Additionally they've stated they won't be very aggressive with free-agency and will build through the draft. It's also been noted that it will be hard to lure players there and maybe keep players there because of the city and climate.

They've got almost $36 million dollars locked up for next season for 15 players leaving about $18 million.

Their first major test is going to be if they can get Andrew Ladd to sign a reasonable extension.
He is the team captain and it will be interesting to see if he wants to play in Winnipeg.

Then they've got make decisions on Wheeler, Maxwell, Schremp, Steward, Bogosian and Feasterling as RFAs.

Signed Players:

FORWARDS
Alexander Burmistrov ($1.500m) / Jim Slater ($1.000m) / Chris Thorburn ($0.866m)

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Stuart ($1.700m)

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

TRADE US BOGOSIAN

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#185 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Was watching this old clip of the Jets and noticed someone about half way through....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY51pYKWDs8&feature=related

Noticed? :hehe: He was kinda hard to miss.

Sweet look.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#186 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY51pYKWDs8&feature=related

Nice mustache, Ken.

Posted Image

#187 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

The Moose to St. John's is now a done deal by the looks of things.

My link

Can't wait till the Griffins are in town!! :yowza:

#188 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

The Moose to St. John's is now a done deal by the looks of things.

My link

Can't wait till the Griffins are in town!! :yowza:

Winnipeg gets an NHL team back, St John's gets an AHL team back. Good stuff :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#189 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman spoke at the press conference in Winnipeg where the deal was announced.

"Hockey in Canada has never been stronger," said Bettman. "We get to be back in a place we wish had not left in 1996."

:rotflmao:

Who does he think he's kidding?
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#190 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

Winnipeg gets an NHL team back, St John's gets an AHL team back. Good stuff :thumbup:

Awesome, I like that the AHL is back in St. John's! :thumbup: Although...thats quite the distance away for the Winnipeg Whatevers to have a farm team, eh? I thought it was supposed to be in Thunder Bay...but they never built the arena...

#191 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

To all the young punks who think my NHLPA'93 on the Sega Genesis is outdated-you guys look really foolish now as your new games have the Thrashers while mine has a Winnipeg team.

#192 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

To all the young punks who think my NHLPA'93 on the Sega Genesis is outdated-you guys look really foolish now as your new games have the Thrashers while mine has a Winnipeg team.

Kinda missing Columbus, Nashville, and so on, but those are minor details. ;)

#193 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Wait... when did Columbus and Nashville get a team? :hehe:
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#194 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

Signed Players:

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Stuart ($1.700m)

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

Dvorak has stated he wants to stay with the team, but then again that was before they were sold and all that. Eric Boulton's family is in Atlanta, I believe. Before this whole sale and relocation, it was pretty much a given he would stay with the Thrashers, but with the franchise moving to Winnipeg, Boulton could look elsewhere in the Southeast, or retire.

Edit: Boulton has stated his family will make the transition with him to Winnipeg. Boulton plans on re-upping.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 02 June 2011 - 10:07 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#195 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

...and making heads bleed :thumbup:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#196 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

TB isn't really the best example... ridiculous amounts of northerners, snowbirds, descendants of northerners down there. It's more like far-south Michigan/Ontario than anything else.

I'd use Dallas, Nashville, Carolina, and maybe Miami (Florida) as 4 examples. Florida was doing fairly well when it didn't suck, and even in a record-setting stretch of mediocrity they've managed to stay out of dire straits more than some other teams.

TB is a great example. All Southern states have northern transplants. TB continually has one of the highest attendances and a great fan base.

Florida Panthers are a terrible example, they are a bad franchise and their fanbase is next to nothing. Hurricanes aren't really the best example either, as they tend to be near the bottom third of capacity percentage.

Just a funny side note: Blackhawks finished the 06-07 season with a 62% home capacity percentage of available seating (12,727), THen went to 82%, then 111%...lol No wonder Hawk fans are so annoying...they're still new to the game ;)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#197 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

TRADE US BOGOSIAN

Never going to happen now, they are going to have plenty of money to sign him and Fans that will demand it.

Yet, I am not sold that the team will move if they don't sell out these ungodly overpriced tickets.

HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT THEY WANT OUT OF 13K WORTH OF PEOPLE?!?!?

Oh no worries, I will just cut you a check for five years worth of front row tickets. Can I bring the Thirty thousand dollars to the arena, or should I leave it in front of Gary Bettman's house???

Edited by Majsheppard, 02 June 2011 - 11:54 AM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#198 mad dingo

mad dingo

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Never going to happen now, they are going to have plenty of money to sign him and Fans that will demand it.

Yet, I am not sold that the team will move if they don't sell out these ungodly overpriced tickets.

HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT THEY WANT OUT OF 13K WORTH OF PEOPLE?!?!?

Oh no worries, I will just cut you a check for five years worth of front row tickets. Can I bring the Thirty thousand dollars to the arena, or should I leave it in front of Gary Bettman's house???

Do some research.

http://www.driveto13...aymentplans.php

#199 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Wait... when did Columbus and Nashville get a team? :hehe:

Nashville's actually doing pretty well in terms of fan support.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#200 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Do some research.

http://www.driveto13...aymentplans.php

Humor, sir. Humor.

Besides, payment plan makes it 32k for five years of front row tickets....

Ouch. The team isn't that good.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.