• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CaptainCaveMan

Atlanta Thrashers move to Winnipeg

Rate this topic

Winnipeg Jets with a logo redesign and new colors done right = ton of merch sold :thumbup:

I personally like the Winnipeg/Manitoba Rebels as a second choice. Anyone curious as to why I say that, look up the Red River Rebellion.

Anything other than Jets=fail on their part IMO

Agreed 100% - I think TNSE probably wanted to name them the Moose and was probably planning to when they acquired them, but due to the overwhelming outcry in Winnipeg, I have a gut feeling that they are going to go with the Jets - which would be a fantastic decision on their part... as already touched on, the revenue from merch alone would be worth it...

Winnipeg expected to name team just prior to making their 7th overall Pick tonight.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369842

Awesome news, lets all cross our fingers -

WPG%20logo.jpg

I'm 60/40 on this. 40% thinks it will be the Jets; but most likely Manitoba Jets. I am 60% in that it will be something totally new. Think about it; if it were the Jets; why would they be handing their 7th pick a generic NHL sweater?

I'm 60/40 on this. 40% thinks it will be the Jets; but most likely Manitoba Jets. I am 60% in that it will be something totally new. Think about it; if it were the Jets; why would they be handing their 7th pick a generic NHL sweater?

They won't be, they're announcing their name (and I'm assuming logo) before the pick, so they obviously already made the decision internally and will have the jersey present at the time of the pick would be my guess...

They won't be, they're announcing their name (and I'm assuming logo) before the pick, so they obviously already made the decision internally and will have the jersey present at the time of the pick would be my guess...

"WINNIPEG'S DRAFT PICK WILL WEAR JERSEY WITH LEAGUE'S COLOURS" per tsn.

Unless they are just pulling the wool over our eyes.

If it was Phoenix returning to Winnipeg, then yes it would be the Jets.

Me thinks it will be something new.

That's actually a decent point. While I want the new Winnipeg team to retain the Jets name and logo, if they do decide to go in another direction, I wouldn't mind the Manitoba Moose. Good, solid hockey name.

Guest CaliWingsNut

The fact that a jersey design hasn't been leaked yet makes me think it'll be the Jets. If they are announcing the logo/mascot before their draft pick, you would think they wouldn't be using the generic NHL jersey they stated they would use for the draft.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

The Winnipeg Jets are back!

DarrenDreger

Correction. Secret is out. Wpg Jets returns.

:clap:

Just saw this. Really the only right move to make. Now they'll probably give them dumbass 'updated' jerseys so Winnipegers (Winnipegians? Winnipegites?) have to buy all new sweaters.

So I'm wondering, does the new team absorb the previous Jets history...or does Phoenix still hold ownership of the original Jets material?

That was something that they were mulling over within the processes of deciding whether or not to become the Jets. It's somewhat difficult because the Coyotes have done their Ring of Honor thing for former Jets. It'll be interesting to see, since it isn't the same franchise - just the same name.

I have the feeling that they'll do without the Jets history and maybe retire the number of some former Jets for the fans, if nothing else.

That was something that they were mulling over within the processes of deciding whether or not to become the Jets. It's somewhat difficult because the Coyotes have done their Ring of Honor thing for former Jets. It'll be interesting to see, since it isn't the same franchise - just the same name.

I have the feeling that they'll do without the Jets history and maybe retire the number of some former Jets for the fans, if nothing else.

That is interesting... Can the "new Jets" retire a number that technically never played for a specific franchise? My argument would be yes as the player means so much to a city. Is this completely new territory for the NHL?

I will be buying a winnipeg jets jersey. So much for their thought of the possibility of lost revenue. If it were anything else I wouldn't fork over a dime. The Jets brings me back to my childhood and I LOVE nostalgia.

However, if they drastically change the logo I would opt for retro. I am SO happy to have the Jets back officially. Congrats to Winnipegers. :clap:

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5

Aw really? I think its fun - I love the fact that the Jets are back! Its nostalgic from when I was younger too.

If they would've come up with a new name and logo, it would just be something stupid again since everything has to be so "cutting edge" now.

Aw really? I think its fun - I love the fact that the Jets are back! Its nostalgic from when I was younger too.

If they would've come up with a new name and logo, it would just be something stupid again since everything has to be so "cutting edge" now.

There's no way they're using the same logo as before. That's way outdated.